“Nice Atmosphere, Good Beer”

O.H.S.O. Eatery & nanoBrewery
Ranked #67 of 3,161 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I’d been looking on Untappd for nearby brewpub options during a visit to Scottsdale and noticed that O.H.S.O. was a reasonable walk along the canal from where I was staying. Arriving, the inside seating area was crowded and busy, but the host pointed me to the back bar, where things were more open. The bartenders were very helpful, running through the house-brewed options and the other Arizona craft beers, as well as the menu. As a vegetarian, I went for the house-made black bean burger, which was very tasty. The O.H.S.O. beers were good, although I tend to like my IPAs more aggressively hopped. The Orange Pail on a nitro pour was quite creamy and smooth; very drinkable. The atmosphere on the back bar, which is outside and facing the canal, but with a lot of heaters for a cool night, was great. Friendly people and a nice music mix heavy on '80s/'90s alternative ... it was a great place to while away an hour or three.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Wow. What a great find. This place had really amazed me. The parking was a bit difficult, so I would recommend the free valet. Inside, they have a lively atmosphere. great beer selections. I appreciated the inexpensive 3 ounce tastings. The street tacos were to die for and gave a good portion for the money. The salads were large. The server was knowledgeable and efficient. The beers were not only local, but also from other great breweries. In addition, the front porch is dog friendly and they even make dog biscuits from the left over grains from making their beer. i could have just melted. So cute!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

A friendly, casual restaurant and bar with great service. They have over 20 Arizona brews. We ordered the local pale ale, calamari and fish tacos. All were great. This place is a short drive (in Phoenix terms) from our hotel located off the northeast corner of the Skyharbor airport.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Before heading out to Phoenix, I was told by one of my beer connoisseur buddies that the Phoenix area was a microbrewery wasteland. Boy was he wrong! This was the second brewpub that we stopped in on, and they had one of the most comprehensive local draft beers lists I'd ever seen. I specifically came to drink their Orange Blossom wheat, which I tried the day before. Almost like an orange cream sickle this was a great change of pace, especially since I'm not a big wheat beer fan. When we got there, we discovered the huge beer list, and the option to buy 3 oz. sample glasses for $1. WOO HOO! So, about 19 beers later my wife and I finally called it quits. Their menu also looked quite creative, but we were fairly full from dinner, so it was liquid dessert only for us. I'd highly recommend OHSO just for a chance to try all the local and regional SW microbrews.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have eaten lunch here before but this trip was for breakfast on the patio, with our dogs. The weather was great, maybe even a little too hot for December, but we could hang on the patio and enjoy. The dogs are treated royally. Biscuits and a bowl of water! I had the street tacos and made 2 meals out of it. I got a pile of cute little tortillas and really excellent shredded meat. When I was stuffed I had the sense to take the rest home for dinner. The beer was local and very delicious. The dogs don't get out to eat very often and they were very impressed. If you have a small dog...be prepared...some dogs on the patio are very big. All are on leashes, but that is only as good as the person hanging on.