“good stay for people catching early flight”

Econo Lodge Airport
Ranked #84 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 26, 2014

It's very nice that there's a free airport shuttle going to the hotel. Just use the courtesy phone at the airport. The room is kind of old fashion, but it has a refridge and a microwave. However I'd suggest people prepare food in advance because there's no restaurant or supermarket nearby (except for a small market with very limited food items) unless you're willing to take the bus or take a taxi to the city center. There's free Wi Fi in the lobby and restaurant, but not accessable in the rooms. The best part of the hotel is its breakfast--offered from 4 a.m., a very kind thought for people catching early flights! The staff is also very friendly, especially the extremely lovely old gentleman, who works very hard and seldom takes a rest.

Room Tip: For people who don't want to take stairs, choose rooms on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank B H
familyinn, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, our high standards of housekeeping and our friendly and welcoming staff. We enjoy sharing these reviews with our team and we all look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I don't normally use real budget hotels, as I've had some bad experiences. But I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I was traveling home from a trip and had an overnight layover at Phoenix, and just needed a shower and to get my head down for a few hours. The hotel was very basic, but clean. Receptionist was helpful. Continental Breakfast, again was very basic but good. (coffee, Muffins, bagels, pastries) The hotel even has complimentary airport shuttle. So all in all, I think it was pretty good value for money. In life you usually get what you pay for. So don't expect the Ritz, but do expect to be surprised by a budget hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Toolmantym

Thank you so much for acknowledging the efforts of our staff to make you feel comfortable. We are so glad that your stay was peaceful and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My daughter arrived at this Econo Lodge at midnight with her two young children. She had a room booked ahead of time. Her debit card would not go through when she tried to checkin. A call to Wells Fargo ended with the rep saying there was no reason for the card not to be valid and acceptable for payment. This didn't matter to the desk clerk and she was not willing to accept his word on the subject. Granted, my daughter didn't have enough cash on her and no she didn't have a credit card. Not having backup payment was shortsighted on her part. But, I was willing to give my credit card info to the clerk over the phone and pay for the room. She said that was not possible no matter the unfortunate circumstance. I still cannot understand why but the clerk instructed me to go online to Expedia.com and book another room. Understand it was 2:00 a.m. here in Texas at the time. Expedia is exactly where we booked the room in the first place and I had used my credit card to do so. So I got online and made another reservation. I then had a confirmation number to give the clerk...that wasn't good enough. She had to wait to "receive" the booking on her computer. This took 40more minutes. Meanwhile the children were exhausted and hungry and falling asleep on the couch in the reception area. For their bodies it was 2:00 a.m. So...trying to get this straight in my head...I couldn't just have given the clerk my credit card information over the phone an hour earlier to pay for the room but they would accept my credit card information form of payment over the internet? Why this was any different I don't get it. What was to already be a bit of a stressful schedule for the travelers in the first place , Econo Lodge made if far more stressful. I guess when you are an accommodation of airport convenience...hospitality and compassion are not a high priority.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank caroltis
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband, an Army Disabled veteran, and I stayed here in April,
My husband had checked into the room around 9pm. After seeing bugs crawling on the dloor he turned on the bathroom light to find a used drug needle in the bathroom.
He calledvthe front desk to explain the situation. The front desk , irritated, switched him to another room. No appologe, no help moving his things. This is NO WAY to treat a servimem, nor anyone else.
The following morning my husband went to the front desk to xomplain aboutbthe night before to be told. No discount, again no apologies.
I hope this place goes out of business......its not a safe place for Anyone!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for a clean safe room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Noel J
familyinn, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

I sincerely apologize for the very unfortunate incident you experienced at our hotel. I want to apologize for the fact that you encountered resistance and that you felt insulted by the inappropriate comment and behavior of the staff member. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Place is average. Bed is hard, room was very hot when I got in to it. TV is old. Furniture shows a lot of use, and is worn on the corners. Outside looks good. Internet does not work. Desk clerk was new and seemed to be overwhelmed. When asked about the Internet it took 3 different calls only to find out that it was down for the night, and that the supervisor would have to call to have it fixed in the morning.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

We sincerely appreciate your time and effort to write us a very insightful review. We value your opinion and suggestions for improvement as these comments help us to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel. We value your opinion and suggestions for improvement as these comments help us to improve upon the guest experience at our hotel.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I just wanted to comment about Keith. He was extremely professional and kind-hearted. Also, willing to help with anything. I had trouble booking the room and he was extremely willing to help and treated my friend and I as proper guests. I would recommend this hotel as it is reasonable and clean. I would not recommend this property if you don't have a car. However they do have a free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Hello Miss Kim E,

Thank you very much for commending the efficiency of Keith during your recent stay with us. I will share your feedback with him as I know he will be pleased to know of your commendation. I am very glad for your generous recommendation for our hotel and for taking note of the quality of clean in our place.We hope to have you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room was not dirty but had not been carefully cleaned- food on the floor just under the edge of the spread. Carpet grungy. The bathroom was clean, YAY. water pressure and temp OK. The room was shabby and had been well used. linens were clean but stained. The front desk clerk, I wrote his name down but now forget it, sandy haired, was just great. the breakfast was so-so at best- instant oatmeal, bananas and underripe oranges, poor quality pastries and bagels. The front desk clerk did see to it that cream cheese (which was listed on the info sheet as available at breakfast) was provided after the first morning. It was quiet at night, the pool was small but nice; there was a beer tasting microbrewery within walking distance but the folks there were horrified that we were "Walking in this neighborhood?!" NO resources for food/beverage other than a convenience store about a block away. The van to the airport was on time

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
familyinn, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Hello barbarabar,

Please know that we take our guests concerns seriously as we want to provide value services to all of our guests.Your comments on the room assigned to you will not go unnoticed as I will bring this matter to management so that this is evaluated and addressed accordingly. Thank you for your candid review as it will help us identify aspects we need to improve in order to be able to offer better accommodation to you on your next visit. Thank you for your business.