“Excellent Park, Sleep, Ride location”

Econo Lodge Airport
Ranked #82 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
United States
“Excellent Park, Sleep, Ride location”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Hotel is closer to a motel, older, a bit worn but the beds were comfortable (not fabulous, but comfortable) the linens and towels were thready but very clean. The staff gets high marks - friendly, fast, helpful. I felt my care was very safe for the week. The shuttle is not dedicated, dropped people at several hotels but it arrived pretty fast and the hotels were all in the airport area.
Seedy part of town (as is the airport itself) but plenty of fast food and cafes in the area for eats.
I would use this location again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at! I was not expecting much because it was a cheap price, but this was horrible! The lady at the front desk was nice until i asked a second time for her to explain to me how the airport shuttle would work. When we got to our room and tried to turn the light switch on - no light came on. When I found a light and turned it on - I almost wished I hadn't! There were cobwebs on the ceilings; there was a strand of dental floss stuck on the wall above the garbage can near the bathroom [GROSS!!]; in between the night stand and the wall there was a plastic cup, a bobby pin, and a piece of paper; the bottom sheet wasn't even tucked in; the pillows were so small they didn't even go end to end on the bed; the tub was dripping water; the bed was uncomfortable; the towels were very thin - and there were only 2 of them; and the air conditioner condenser almost made the room shake every time it went on and off; and the chair at the desk was broken! On top of that, when we came back to the hotel from returning our rental car I went to use the computer in the lobby to check in online for our flight - and there was no printer! Who has an AIRPORT hotel and doesn't provide a printer for guests to use? :/

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We took this hotel as we had a 6 am flight out of PHX . Front end staff very friendly , we have a cat only 10 bucks extra, room was clean bed was very hard not that comfortable but was so tired did not matter free airport shuttle close to some restaurants did the job for us.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
British Columbia
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Well, let's start off by saying the 'price was cheap" so really, I was not expecting a lot. Got to the airport and looked for the phone at the shuttle hotel desks. This hotel is not there. Lucky I had the phone number so I too, like a previous poster, bothered the airport lady to phone. The parking shuttle showed up right away...so far so good...but thus shuttle is airport parking so we stopped at quite a few places before finally arriving at the hotel . The fellow at the desk, I think his name was Kevin ( so nice) checked us in swiftly. There are no walking distance eateries around really. We saw a lot of rooms ordering takeout. We walked down to the corner store and bought some beverages. I thought the clientele at the hotel were all middle class like us. The area is pretty sketchy but I never felt unsafe. If I was a single woman, I would be fine staying there but would not walk to store.
The room was clean. The bed had a bit of a sag and a bit hard. The bathroom was clean. The furniture was old.
Breakfast was packaged bagels, juice, coffee. Coffee was fine.
Checkout was quick and the fellow called us a cab that came within five minutes and we were on our way.
Would I stay there again? Probably not. We stayed at holiday inns for the rest of the trip and just the feel of the bed/ sheets was so much better..but the Econo Lodge had a great price!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BCresident
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed at the Econo Lodge for 2 nights in March 2014: one night when we arrived in Phoenix and then one night when we returned from touring Sedona, Page and Grand Canyon. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in suggesting a nearby restaurant offering pizza delivery and also in printing out our airline boarding passes. Location is very convenient for the airport. We used the shuttle service from the airport to the hotel. The room is quite dated and the furnishings are showing their age. It was fairly clean but not spotless. The continental breakfast is adequate with coffee, juice, bagels, muffins. It is a good place to stay just as a hotel close to the airport. There is really nothing else that is close by to this hotel so it would not be a place that I would stay at for a longer visit to Phoenix.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A part of this review is about my First and Last time using Expedia
to book anything ever again! Booked this stayover because of the
Promised Shuttle from airport. Econo Lodge is not included on the
"HOTEL INFORMATION" Board at baggage claim in Sky Harbor.
I had to bug a Very nice Airport Lady to use her iPhone to find
the Phone number so I could call for the "24-Hour Free Shuttle".
The lady said "I'm alone here and I can't come get you. Hold on
and I'll give you directions"...!! WHAT? So, after a minimum-$15 taxi
ride, I was checked In, walked to my Room, and smelled the
disgusting stink of the smoking-idiot room. I stalked back to the
office and said this is unacceptable, I booked a NON-Smoking room,
or else I would've never chosen this place.
They said "You were booked by a Third-Party, and we can't give
you anything but Smoking (Disgusting) Rooms. Sorry".
This is also a review of Smoking-Idiots who feel they are Acceptable
human beings, to spread their Stupidity and Stink upon the World!
Expedia STINKS! They didn't even get anything like a competitive
rate. $115.00 for a junky, dingy-towel, broken towel-rack, stinky
room.
After resigning myself to staying, I found that the TV remote didn't
turn-on the TV. OK...
No room coffee, and at the Breakfast Room, there was no Fruit at all,
No Milk nor yogurt, only butter and cream-cheese for the bagels,
and packaged danish, little muffins, packaged microwave oatmeal
with, as I said, No Milk, No Fruit.
Disappointment Factor is big for Folks who thought
they were Promised long-term parking while traveling out, a feature
they use to promote sales, and very convenient IF TRUE!
I was there when a Pittsburgh Pirates fan, here for spring-training,
was told that His PROMISED Parking-option would not be honored,
BECAUSE HE BOOKED WITH A THIRD-PARTY like EXPEDIA!
Positives: The Desk People are Good, under pressure, no chance
to make any changes when bookings are sent in from outside.
I feel Sorry For the staff people, they must have irate folks
every night demanding to know why they got stuck with a Smogging
room! EXPEDIA Stinks!
Positives: The Room A.C. is strong, nice and chilly.
I can get a free shuttle to the airport, by scheduling the day before.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ojai, California
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were in town for a graduation weekend. The hotel is located in a poor section of town, and would highly suggest that you don't take walks down the street. Our room was clean, but outdated. The bed is EXTREMELY hard...like sleeping on boards. There is no coffee pot, hair dryer, ironing board or iron in the room. When I called down to the office for an iron and ironing board, I was told this was not a full service hotel. I needed to go get it and borrow it for awhile, then bring it back quickly. As others have said...parking is terrible! With people being allowed to keep their cars there while they travel, all spaces are filled in the evenings. You have to park where ever you can squeeze in. Breakfast is some fruit, pre-packaged muffins and rolls, coffee and orange juice. They do open at 4:00am for early risers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple