“Close to PHX airport and excellent staff...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Airport

Econo Lodge Airport
Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Close to PHX airport and excellent staff...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had flown into Phoenix without making reservations, and I had to call from the airport, but the staff was very helpful in getting me a room and also giving me the right directions in order to take the shuttle to and from the hotel and airport. I stayed for 3 nights, and my room was always clean and quiet. Breakfast was good, but after two days of bagels and coffee, I wanted hot breakfast, but the front desk guy referred me to this breakfast place called Over Easy, and breakfast there was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who want to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Scottie_143

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Mass
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Arrived at Econlodge at 12:30 am after flying in from Boston. How nice to have a friendly, smiling young man great me at in the lobby. Room was clean, quiet & comfortable beds (no hair dryers) and a perfect internet connection. Caught the sunrise as I was swimming in the pool at 6:00am. My only complaint was the breakfast - gross, prepackaged muffins & danish. They did have a bowl of apples and juice which was all I ate. Great place to crash before or after a flight at Sky Harbor. I felt for $50 I got a terrific bargin - a clean, safe place to sleep before heading out to the Grand Canyon.

Room Tip: second floor in back corner of propery was very quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MassSmiley09
Athens, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

We needed an affordable, clean place to stay close to the airport. This Econolodge was just right. A free shuttle picked us up at the airport an dropped us off at the hotel. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were neat and clean. Our room and the one next to us had a hairdryer. The free breakfast was simple but did the trick (I had a bagel with cream cheese, coffee, and juice). The area around the Phoenix airport is a bit rough, but it's like that in many cities and it didn't bother me. I did not feel unsafe for a moment. I woud recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank aprui
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Bathtub and toilet were dirty and covered in hair. I asked to change rooms and the second room wasn't any better. The front desk's response...."we clean our rooms someone must have been in there since." Hmm....I think we have a bigger problem then if someone else has a key.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

I am a retired lawyer from Vancouver. My wife and I sailed to Mexico and were returning home to escape the summer heat. We took a bus to Phoenix. I asked a cab driver to find us a good but inexpensive motel near the airport. We were happy with the room and rate. We flew out the next morning using the the free shuttle. We were happy to return 2 months later heading back to our boat with lots of heavy and bulky boat stuff. We were returning on the same Mexican bus and of course there was no shuttle. The desk manager went out of her way to find us a suitable cab but had modest cooperation from several cab companies. Rick, a manager with a great personality and very generous attitude, drove us with our stuff in his own van the equivalent of a $40 cab ride. He helped load and unload. No charge. I have never received this treatment in any 5 star hotel...thus the 5 star rating.
Howard and Lynn Bradbrooke
Sailing Vessel
Swift Current...presently in San Carlos Mexico...heading to Panama

Room Tip: The rooms were what you would expect...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Howard B
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

Not knowing when we would be getting back into Phoenix after 13 days on the road we decided not to book a hotel ahead of time. What a mistake. Now we needed a place to stay for one night that was close to airport and it is getting late. What a mistake. Roaches, moldy shower curtain, clogged shower drain, Could not check-in to the airlines from the computer. Breakfast was a fair. They Tried to bill me for the use of the safe.

DO NOT STAY HERE

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M-F_Trackers
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

As this motel had free transport to and from the airport, my friend and I stayed here both at the beginning and at the end of our holiday. The motel was clean, quiet and well cared for. This was budget accommodation so, no fridge but plenty of free ice, no microwave but one is constantly available for guest's use in the dining room - as is free coffee, which is also available in the rooms. There is a computer connected to the internet and a printer available for free use in reception and above all the service was friendly, thoughtful and accommodating. The cold breakfast was a bit uninspiring.

Room Tip: ground floor or exterior 2 flight iron stairs
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends