“Excellent Service & Hospitality!!!”

TownePlace Suites Phoenix North
Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 2, 2014

When we arrived we were told our original reservation of the 2 room suite was not available due to the renovation however they had made arrangements to provide us 2 separate suites (one Handicap accessible) that were adjacent to each other next to the elevator at the same booking price!! As I was travelling with 2 teens and elderly parents this worked out PERFECT!!! Each suite was spacious and CLEAN!! I couldn't believe how friendly the staff at the hotel were. From the front desk to the cleaning staff. The breakfast every morning was spot on! My parents went down every morning for breakfast and the gal in the breakfast room was super sweet to them, helping serve them and bringing them juice and coffee to their table. They had a wide variety of different breakfast items. My kids utilized the lobby snack bar where they bought soda, pizza and chips at a reasonable price. The beds were very comfy as well as the sofabeds (as my kids never wanted to get up), the towels were soft and when we were returned nightly the rooms were spotless. My parents as well as I were so pleased with our stay...My father could be a spokesperson for the Hotel as he's told everyone what a GREAT stay he had!! When in the Phoenix area again we'll definitely be staying at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North. Thank you for helping make our trip a memorable one!!

Room Tip: All rooms must be soundproof since we didn't hear any outside noise. We were on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear Marissa M,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to tell others about your wonderful stay at the TownePlace Suites Phoenix North. I'm so glad that your parents enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and your children enjoyed our market to buy snacks. We appreciate your father recommending us to others! Please come back and see us again soon.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I spent five nights at the Towneplace Suites Phoenix North this past week. I have NEVER been in a cleaner hotel and I've stayed in many five star properties. The room was sparkling clean and they had obviously used bleach to disinfect the room - thank you!!

My reservation was spot on.... I had requested that the room be down free because my sister and nephews were spending the first two nights with me and have serious allergies. The room was ready on my arrival with no down...the housekeeping staff had already prepared it. In addition, had requested a room that was quiet and that had cold AC. The room chosen was right on target for me. The staff knew that I was on crutches due to an accident, and put me in a room that was just the right distance from the elevator for comfort and for quiet.

I chose a single queen room that had a queen sized sofa bed. The room is spacious for the price, and had a nice closet area with more than the usual number of hangers. In addition, there were four deep drawers under the nightstands, and another two wider drawers under the entertainment center. The entertainment center faces the couch; however, the unit has a swivel top, so that it can be turned to face the desk, the bed, or the couch.

The counter tops are high end granite - beautiful. The kitchen is a galley kitchen with a full size smaller fridge and freezer, a dishwasher and a stove with oven and four burners. In addition, there is a microwave. Dishes, pots, pans, silverware, knives, utensils, toaster, dish soap, paper towels... you have everything you need.

The bathroom was spotless with a tub/shower combination. The shower head is a rain style... I loved it. The bathroom has a full length mirror, a vanity with a cabinet and three drawers for storage. The bath products are Paul Mitchell and smell heavenly... the soap lathers beautifully. I did not try the shampoo or conditioner products... I have long, curly, thick hair and prefer to use my own products.

The bed is heavenly!!!! I have rheumatoid arthritis and have trouble sleeping in hotels for the most part. This bed was the perfect level of softness, not to hurt joints. :) If you like a firmer bed, you probably will not enjoy this one...I did. The linens are all white, very fresh, cool and summery.

The AC was COLD!!!! You need cold in Phoenix... it was 111 while I was there. The curtains were just above them; however, I just pushed them into the window area and all of that lovely cold air poured into the room.

The complimentary breakfast is quite a spread. Every morning I was there, they served eggs and a type of meat... bacon or sausage. In addition, you can make your own waffles, toast, bagels, english muffins...they also had pastries. My nephews enjoyed the wide variety of cereals available with milk. They also had coffee, tea, juice, and lemonade available. A cold case had several types of yogurt and fresh fruit as well. In the evenings, you can stop by the lobby for a piece of fruit and one night someone had made homemade cookies for the guests.

If you forget anything, there is a small area to buy snacks, beverages, and other essentials in the lobby.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone... the price was great and the quality unbeatable. The staff were so friendly! They had impeccable work ethic, courtesy, and were charming. Special kudos to Debbie for help with my reservation and to Dominick for help with my luggage and late checkout due to my business work schedule. You are all awesome.

I've already booked a return stay of two nights for my next business trip later this month. :)

Room Tip: I stayed in the north building on the third floor facing the pool. I was three rooms from the elevat...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kerriebeth
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Kerriebeth,
Thank you for your thorough review of the TownePlace Suites Phoenix North. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything about your stay and that our exceptional service impressed you! We look forward to your next stay in a few weeks.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

A warm and cheerful welcome awaits at this excellent hotel. In fact, the staff are all so friendly and efficient, you get top-class service for very reasonable rates. The feeling of being a valued guest outweighs the occasional slightly tired-looking bathroom to such an extent that I feel five stars are justified. The bathroom will be clean in any case, as will the rooms of your generously proportioned suite. Ideal for families, by the way - the two children in our party had tremendous fun in the swimming pool and were unfailingly well looked after in the breakfast room. We all slept deep and long in the very comfortable beds and were met with smiles throughout the hotel, from the front desk to cleaners in the corridors. We stayed twice, three weeks apart, and have rarely felt so much at home without actually being there!

Room Tip: We stayed in two different "houses", both suites were equally good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear A B K,
Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that our staff helped to make your stay exceptional! I will share your comments with them, it will truly make their day! We hope to be able to welcome you back to the TownePlace Suites Phoenix North again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my first time staying in a Towneplace Suites property, I have always been a Homewood Suites kind of a guy. This visit I decided to give this Marriott's affordable long term stay brand a try, and I wasn't disappointed. There are minor differences when you compare with Marriott's upper scale long term stay property, Residence Inn, but you will see a big difference when it comes to hotel bills.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Jason C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad that you gave the TownePlace Suites Phoenix North a chance to impress you. I'm thrilled to hear that we did just that! I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I had stayed for the first time at a Towneplace Suites in Sierra Vista the night before, and liked it so much I tried this location the next day, and I was not disappointed. This property is a little more dated, but my room seemed up to date and well equipped, very clean and fresh. My only complaint is that the fitness room was small and minimally equipped, only one treadmill. The breakfast was superior, the internet worked well, and the hotel is within walking distance of several nice restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful, I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: This hotel is behind another along the freeway, so noise did not seem to be an issue, but any room o...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear BongoColo,
Thank you for your review. It is always our goal to impress all of our guests, and from the sounds of it we achieved that during your stay at the TownePlace Suites Phoenix North. We will actually be starting a renovation soon and hope that you can come back and see us when it is completed!

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We ended up staying here due to an incident which caused us to lose our room at the hotel next door. They were great about the situation and sent us here. First off the staff was welcoming and so friendly. Our check in was quick and easy. When we got to our room, we were so impressed. We stayed in the two bedroom suite which was perfect for our family of five. The room was clean and beds were very comfy. Our one night stay was perfect. The free breakfast hit the spot before our five hour long drive home. Once again the staff was wonderful during check out. I was also informed of the remodel of the entire complex which sounds like it will only add to the already impressive amenities. Our family will definitely stay here the next time we visit the Phoenix area.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear April C,
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay at the TownePlace Suites Phoenix North. We love hearing from our guests, and we're so glad that we were able to impress you! We hope to see you back soon.

Warm thanks,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here as a centralized and cheaper location from Peoria during Spring Training. Although staff is extremely nice, I wouldn't stay here again.

Note that this hotel is in the same parking lot as the SpringHill Suites (also part of the Marriott line).

Pros:
complete kitchen with full size fridge.
two TVs
Very nice staff
breakfast included (inc eggs, waffles, ham, etc)
free and plentiful parking
within driving distance to several decent restaurants
decent wi-fi

Cons:
The beds are way too soft
The dresser drawers are in a terrible location - you can't open them without closing the bedroom door.
The shower is VERY, VERY slippery, so I recommend placing a towel in the tub before stepping in
speaking of towels, these are just awful. low quality and threadbare
the pool is basically in the parking lot and it's extremely small
The cleaning staff ignored our request for new towels and instead re-hung the dirty ones.
The AC/Heat unit is RIGHT beside the bed, and it's extremely loud and breezy. Fortunately there was an extra blanket to use.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at TownePlace Suites Phoenix North, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Mokey1971,
Thank you for your review of the TownePlace Suites Phoenix North. I'm so happy you enjoyed our friendly staff, complimentary breakfast and location. I'm sorry to hear that the layout of our hotel and towels were not to your liking. You will be happy to know that we are beginning a complete remodel to our hotel in April. We hope that you will come back and see the changes for yourself.