“Company Trip”

Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Kykotsmovi, United States
“Company Trip”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Rooms are comfortable, centrally located. Very courteous staff. The meeting room was comfortable, staff went beyond our expectations and the evening meal of 80+ people was exceptional. Would recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hotel lobby was under construction, but the service was great and the room was clean and comfortable. The front desk recommended a nice shopping area for dinner I used the hotel shuttle for transportation. They dropped my off and picked me back up after dinner, which worked out great!

Denver, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel continues to impress me with their customer service. Each time I arrive they remember me and greet me by name. With all the people they see that is amazing. The location is very centralized and excellent if you travel around the city. I am definitely looking forward to the completed renovations that are currently in process.

Ennis, Tx, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed stay. Rooms were very clean. In staying there, you will need to be prepared for the fact that you will have to walk a long distance to your car when you come and go because the parking lot for the hotel is shared with an office tower.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2013

First off, let me preface by saying I'm a Diamond member and have stayed 88 nights this year alone in Hilton properties. I've stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns. They are not elaborate accommodations, but are usually a good value for their price point. This HGI is an exception. I ended up leaving the hotel and getting a room at a different hotel, that's how bad it was. First of all, parking is around the corner from the hotel. It's a bit creepy walking out there by yourself at night. To get to your room in the West tower you have to exit the building, walk outside and then re-enter another building (felt very motel-esque). The first thing I noticed were the ice machines in the middle of the hall directly outside of my door. They are QUITE loud. Here is where I lost my cool... I had to call FIVE times to complain about the partying neighbors and their noise and had to demand that I change rooms. The walls are paper thin. There were multiple people in the room next to me laughing and carrying on. After calling the third time, the front desk person said, "well I went up there and didn't hear anything over the ice machine..." For someone who is calling repeatedly, don't you think you would ask to come into her room and hear the noise first hand??? I finally couldn't stand it anymore (as I was trying to work.) Only because I demanded it, they finally brought me keys to another room. No neighbors, but the room wasn't cleaned very well (the floor in the foyer was dirty, like someone spilled a drink on it...) This was the last straw... I checked out and moved to another hotel down the street. Some other tidbits. They "renovated" the rooms recently. By renovations it appears they painted the walls. The A/C is still circa 1975 and the bathroom still circa 1995. Again, the walls are paper thin. Judging by the people hanging out in the lobby, it's a "party hotel" despite it's corporate location. When I checked out, the guy (other guy) at the front desk was apologetic and didn't even charge me for my room service. Not only did I check out, but I cancelled the room for a colleague. If you're a business travel, stay far away from this place. If you like to party, you're in the right place.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the ice machines. If you want quiet, also ask to be in a room that does not adj...
3 Thank CheyenneB12
HGIMidtown, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I’m very sorry you were so displeased with the hotel. Our hotel is not known to be a party hotel, so I am sorry that you received that impression. We are in fact the host hotel for young men and women going into the Military, which is why you may have seen some kids and families occupying our lobby.
In regards to the ice machine; these are placed on a timer as to not disturb out guests during the evenings. However, the unresponsiveness to change the room location upon first request is unacceptable. I would have hoped the Service Agent would have better understood your concerns. I thank you for the comments you have provided and assure you that I will work with the team with the information you provided.
Best Regards,
Savanah Shettel
Assistant General Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a nice hotel; there was construction in the lobby but this is quite tolerable. The ambient noise in the west tower from either the ice machine in the hall or fans on the roof was unpleasant. The pool was pleasant and the parking convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

NoCal
Reviewed November 9, 2013

stayed here one night. I thought it was the old Holiday Inn but it was real close to my Hertz car rental place. The parking is not idea as there is a lot across this driveway/ street so if you are not stopped at the passenger dropoff, you might end up driving in circles. I just stopped and parked in front of two gardening trucks and ran in the hotel asking for an early checkin, which was denied. Thats ok, returned, got my room and this place is not a Hilton Garden Inn. It's an old no-tel motel that they are trying to make into a Hilton Garden Inn. The construction is all over the place and yes, they leave stuff out overnight which you would think the management would have the contractors push their stuff into a corner or something. The room was 1980s as a previous reviewer stated with old thermostat controls.The clerk said my room was renovated except for the drapes and something else, I forget. The drapes are at least 18 inches from the window, meaning there is light no matter how you close the drapes. You need duct tape to make sure there is no bright light coming through. Breakfast was good, but I never had to walk across the room from Omelet station to all the rest of the breakfast foods. Oh, I mentioned the contractors, did I tell you they started at 7:18am the morning I was there? I hear the dragging of ladders by the pool. Even if they remodeled and comp'd me the room, I will not return.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo