“Great customer service”

Ranked #45 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Denver, United States
“Great customer service”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This hotel continues to impress me with their customer service. Each time I arrive they remember me and greet me by name. With all the people they see that is amazing. The location is very centralized and excellent if you travel around the city. I am definitely looking forward to the completed renovations that are currently in process.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Ennis, Tx, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed stay. Rooms were very clean. In staying there, you will need to be prepared for the fact that you will have to walk a long distance to your car when you come and go because the parking lot for the hotel is shared with an office tower.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2013

First off, let me preface by saying I'm a Diamond member and have stayed 88 nights this year alone in Hilton properties. I've stayed at many Hilton Garden Inns. They are not elaborate accommodations, but are usually a good value for their price point. This HGI is an exception. I ended up leaving the hotel and getting a room at a different hotel, that's how bad it was. First of all, parking is around the corner from the hotel. It's a bit creepy walking out there by yourself at night. To get to your room in the West tower you have to exit the building, walk outside and then re-enter another building (felt very motel-esque). The first thing I noticed were the ice machines in the middle of the hall directly outside of my door. They are QUITE loud. Here is where I lost my cool... I had to call FIVE times to complain about the partying neighbors and their noise and had to demand that I change rooms. The walls are paper thin. There were multiple people in the room next to me laughing and carrying on. After calling the third time, the front desk person said, "well I went up there and didn't hear anything over the ice machine..." For someone who is calling repeatedly, don't you think you would ask to come into her room and hear the noise first hand??? I finally couldn't stand it anymore (as I was trying to work.) Only because I demanded it, they finally brought me keys to another room. No neighbors, but the room wasn't cleaned very well (the floor in the foyer was dirty, like someone spilled a drink on it...) This was the last straw... I checked out and moved to another hotel down the street. Some other tidbits. They "renovated" the rooms recently. By renovations it appears they painted the walls. The A/C is still circa 1975 and the bathroom still circa 1995. Again, the walls are paper thin. Judging by the people hanging out in the lobby, it's a "party hotel" despite it's corporate location. When I checked out, the guy (other guy) at the front desk was apologetic and didn't even charge me for my room service. Not only did I check out, but I cancelled the room for a colleague. If you're a business travel, stay far away from this place. If you like to party, you're in the right place.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the ice machines. If you want quiet, also ask to be in a room that does not adj...
3 Thank CheyenneB12
HGIMidtown, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Midtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I’m very sorry you were so displeased with the hotel. Our hotel is not known to be a party hotel, so I am sorry that you received that impression. We are in fact the host hotel for young men and women going into the Military, which is why you may have seen some kids and families occupying our lobby.
In regards to the ice machine; these are placed on a timer as to not disturb out guests during the evenings. However, the unresponsiveness to change the room location upon first request is unacceptable. I would have hoped the Service Agent would have better understood your concerns. I thank you for the comments you have provided and assure you that I will work with the team with the information you provided.
Best Regards,
Savanah Shettel
Assistant General Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a nice hotel; there was construction in the lobby but this is quite tolerable. The ambient noise in the west tower from either the ice machine in the hall or fans on the roof was unpleasant. The pool was pleasant and the parking convenient.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

NoCal
Reviewed November 9, 2013

stayed here one night. I thought it was the old Holiday Inn but it was real close to my Hertz car rental place. The parking is not idea as there is a lot across this driveway/ street so if you are not stopped at the passenger dropoff, you might end up driving in circles. I just stopped and parked in front of two gardening trucks and ran in the hotel asking for an early checkin, which was denied. Thats ok, returned, got my room and this place is not a Hilton Garden Inn. It's an old no-tel motel that they are trying to make into a Hilton Garden Inn. The construction is all over the place and yes, they leave stuff out overnight which you would think the management would have the contractors push their stuff into a corner or something. The room was 1980s as a previous reviewer stated with old thermostat controls.The clerk said my room was renovated except for the drapes and something else, I forget. The drapes are at least 18 inches from the window, meaning there is light no matter how you close the drapes. You need duct tape to make sure there is no bright light coming through. Breakfast was good, but I never had to walk across the room from Omelet station to all the rest of the breakfast foods. Oh, I mentioned the contractors, did I tell you they started at 7:18am the morning I was there? I hear the dragging of ladders by the pool. Even if they remodeled and comp'd me the room, I will not return.

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I never complain, but I signed up to TripAdvisor just to leave a negative review for this hotel.

This hotel is under renovation so you shouldn't expect things to be tidy, but the hotel management should at least make the contractors clean up after themselves. Construction debris, equipment, tools, scrap drywall, trash etc are left scattered around various areas of the downstairs halls and common areas. The gym is actually a sub-par sports club that the hotel seems to have an association with, but you need to follow a short maze around a gift shop, hallways, and a few doors before finding your way to the club, at which time you realize you need your room key AND an ID. Worst case is you get an extra warm-up by walking back to your room to get your ID, but it's still annoying.

The staff is nice, but there seems to be a lack of good renovation management happening right now that makes this Hilton the worst Hilton Garden Inn I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot. The place also feels like an old dingy motel that's trying to be a Hilton. I could also hear the guy snoring in the room next to me, so there's pretty poor insulation too.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel if renovations are still ongoing. Don't stay at this Hilton unless you need the lo...
1 Thank Greg G
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My brother, adult daughter and I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn at least once a year while visiting family. Each visit provides a different experience. This time, the hotel is undergoing a great deal of construction, and no matter how much the front desk staff tried to sugar-coat it, it did make for not the best visit we've had. Interesting, they are constructing some sort of huge gazebo in the lobby, we felt the money might be better spent putting decent fans in the bathrooms, or offering complimentary water bottles to the guests rather than charging $1.75 per bottle! In general the hotel is clean and the rooms are quiet. The business center has always worked for us, convenient for printing out boarding passes and such. The location of the hotel is excellent for our needs. The only other comment I might make is that it would have been nice if hotel management had warned us of some sort of marathon/running event taking place on the morning of our departure. We had a great deal of difficulty trying to get across Central Avenue and actually had to stop and ask a police officer how to get to the airport. It was a good thing we had left with plenty of time to spare. We will probably stay at the Hilton again, mainly due to the convenient location. Hopefully by then the remodel will be complete.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family