“Fun and great food & drinks”
Review of The Vig Uptown

The Vig Uptown
Ranked #299 of 3,268 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a fun and upscale restaurant in my mind. The staff are fun and take care of you. I really enjoy the cocktails a little pricey but very good. The food in something you will not see at any other local restaurant well prepared and the taste is awesome...

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Trendy place that was perfect to catch up with friends. The "outdoor area" didn't feel outdoor - it was enclosed with fans which was nice. Try the "Whip over the keys" martini - taste just like a key lime pie!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I ate here for lunch. The first giveaway that this was a trendy place was that it was valet parking only. Food was only OK, I had the Vig burger while my wife had the Arcadia burger. I ordered medium and she ordered hers well done but they came out the same so OK service. We had the lunch special, if you show up before noon the 14 dollar burgers are only 10. We don't drink so I cannot comment on the bar but there are better burger places in town. Overall, 3 dots. It wasn't bad but the burgers weren't memorable. We would try somewhere else.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Vig is part of the successful revitalization that has been happening on 16th Street the last few years, and is now one of the hottest taverns in town. In a previous life, the building was a bank; I love that they respected the integrity of this mid-century modern building by keeping a lot of the original structure – the outside bar used to be the drive-thru teller window! They did a great job the overall design both inside and out – the atrium area is a wonderful place for large groups to gather. Being a former bank, so be forewarned that there isn’t much parking available – love the valet option!

I wish I was as enthusiastic about the food. Generally speaking, although there is a variety of menu offerings, it’s all pretty much upscale bar food. It was good, no complaints, rather just average and nothing special or outstanding. And a bit overpriced.

The staff was friendly, and our waitress personable and attentive. The place is pretty noisy, though – so if you are looking for a place for a quiet conversation, this isn’t it.

Will we go back? Sure but probably only for drinks. It may be over hyped, but it’s got a great atmosphere and great libations.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went here with a group of friends for the first time a couple weeks ago before a diamondbacks game. It was a Friday night so they still had happy hour until 6 pm. We got there at about 5:30 and they said it would be a 20 minute wait. They didn't really seem that busy, but they don't have a lot of room for seating and all the tables were filled. Although a group of four came in after us and got seated outside right away, and I overheard that they didn't have reservations, so I'm not sure why they were seated before us.

We ended up getting seated about five minutes before happy hour ended. We all knew what food we wanted off the happy hour menu but the first person to stop by our table was only taking drink orders. Another person dropped off the drinks but didn't stay to take our orders. Finally we waved someone down and got our orders in, and we were charged the happy hour prices. Multiple different food runners brought our food, and a few other employees stopped by to take our empty glasses and plates. We had to ask someone for our bill and we're still unsure who our actual server was or who we were tipping at the end of our meal. That part was really strange, although everyone was really helpful that we did talk to.

The food was outstanding. We ordered the guac, fish tacos, sliders, happy hour pizza, and the hummus. All of it was so great and the portions weren't small either. The guac was good size with a large amount of chips. There were four fish tacos on the tiny corn tortillas, but still, four! The pizza was pretty good, about 8"-10", and enough for one person in my opinion (especially with other food to eat too!). There were three sliders which were really juicy and tender, and they also came with a good amount of fries! The hummus plate was huge too and came with plenty of pita bread as well. Everything was really reasonably priced because the happy hour is so good!

Despite the weird service we had while we were there, the food definitely makes it worth going back!