“Enjoyed my experience but wasn't blown away by any means.”

The Courtyard Cafe at the Heard Museum
Ranked #34 of 3,134 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Overall I did enjoy my visit to the Heard and the Cafe... I wasn't blown away though... Tried the posole which was good; the let down was the Bison meatloaf- too dry for me. I always enjoy the museum so will be back!

There are newer reviews for The Courtyard Cafe at the Heard Museum

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The menu is limited but very well thought out. It has something for everyone. The quality of food and service are second none in all my dining experiences in the phoenix area.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

While waiting for my children to tour the Heard Museum, I decided to visit the Courtyard Cafe and have coffee. The Courtyard Cafe is a nice little restaurant, well appointed in Southwestern style and charm, and with a very friendly staff. You can dine in the restaurant or the courtyard. The menu was not large, but contained some very interesting dishes. I ordered the Chicken Mole and it was truly unique and delicious. It was probably the best meal I have experienced in Phoenix. Dining in the Courtyard Café is like dining in a 4-star restaurant. I highly recommend the Courtyard Café.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped by after touring the museum and had a quick lunch before driving to the airport. She started with the pozole soup, a tomato/pork hominy offering of the day. I'm not much of a soup fan, but it did have some interesting flavors. We then split a poached pear salad with the added grilled chicken and an oven roasted turkey roasted and melted brie sandwich. Both were excellent, with the salad containing lots of fruit, candied pecans and prickly pear dressing. The turkey and brie sandwich was served warm and featured a savory combination of Granny Smith apples, chipotle mayo and toasted cranberry walnut bread with a side of cous cous salad. A nice little top off to a morning spent touring the Native American exhibits at the Heard Museum.

1  Thank ABShang
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I love this little restaurant for lunch. It has mostly a mexican food menu.But they have soup and salads on the menu. I ordered a sandwich and it was huge and so delicious. The coffee is also really good. You can go to the Heard museum next door get stamped have lunch and go back.There is a book store and a museum gift shop next door.