“De-lious Food in a Lovely Setting”

The Courtyard Cafe at the Heard Museum
Ranked #34 of 3,085 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,308 helpful votes
“De-lious Food in a Lovely Setting”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

You can dine inside or outside on the patio. The menu was varied and nice size. We ordered a wrap and it was so good. Wine was tasty but high. Alot of people took advantage of the good food and lovely setting.

Visited November 2012

Albany, New York
“Loved it!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

While at the museum (which is fantastic) I stopped to have lunch at the Cafe. There are many choices and I chose the Dreamcatcher salad. The presentation was awesome and the taste, WOW! Really enjoyed it and their ice tea, served with orange instead of lemon, so refreshing.
It is worth the time and money and enjoy!

• Visited October 2012
Abilene, Texas
“Delish!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We loved the freshness of the salads and perfectly seasoned meal. Our server was charming, and though busy, she always appeared at the right time with our drink refills and to check on our meal quality. I would be there today for lunch if we weren't so far away! :)

Visited October 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Great experience.”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The name on the review should read: "Courtyard Cafe at Heard Museum" as they also have a Coffee Cantina. Very nice experience all around even if you don't visit the museum. Easy to drop by if touring on the metro train. I didn't allow time for a leisurely meal but this is the place to do it. I loved the courtyard garden and fountains. I posted pics in my review of the museum. The menu is on their website.

• Visited August 2012
“Relaxing and Tasty”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We chose to eat at the cafe after reading the other good reviews here. One can definitely eat here and visit the gift shop without paying admission to the museum. We ate before we toured the museum, which was a smart move because we were fueled up to tour the exhibits at a leisurely pace.

We split a turkey blt wrap and had Navajo fry bread with agave syrup and powdered sugar for dessert. We only had water to drink but it came with a cucumber slice which infused the water more strongly as the lunch went on.

The wrap was definitely big enough to share. It came with a choice of sides - couscous, green salad or something else (sorry, can't remember!), and the waiter suggested adding an extra side for three bucks so we could both have something. The couscous salad was divine with diced red bell pepper, baby pumpkin seeds and other delicious bits mixed in. We also had a small green salad with prickly pear dressing, which was fine but not as exciting as the couscous.

The wrap was tasty and fresh and was served in a chipotle-flavored tortilla. A fairly typical set of ingredients but very good and filling. The dessert was typical fry bread, although I found it to be not
quite as light and fluffy as I'm used to

We sat outside, in the shade, and it made us feel like we were on vacation even though we were just there on a day trip. I did think the prices were higher than I expected based on the reviews, but the wrap, the extra side and the fry bread came to 20 bucks so no complaints!

I would eat here again and would even suggest it as a low key place to celebrate a birthday lunch or such. Definitely a cut above other museum cafes. There were several dishes that incorporated traditional Southwestern ingredients including native beans and the like.

Whether you're from the area and just dropping in, or visiting from elsewhere, you'll do just fine if you choose to eat here. I should mention they were serving the "summer" menu and there were no burgers or anything like that. It was appetizers, soup, salads, wraps, and desserts, I believe.

1 Thank dewdawg