“Very good!”

Timo Wine Bar on Central
Ranked #179 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Timo is a wine bar with wood fired oven. We create the ultimate experience for guests with our intimate ambiance and warm, friendly service. We take pride in our exquisite wine list and delectable food.
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This was a pleasant surprise. GREAT happy hour...Wine is good everywhere but better when it is $5 a glass (whole menu @ hr) and happy hr had great selection of food that keeps the quality and size! (Dont find that much these days) I have been a few times for lunch and everything has been amazing, sandwichs, salads, cheeses, escargot! Price wise same as most wine bars but quality and tast is above most. Atmosphere is small and intimate, with a GREAT patio...this is one to visit.

1  Thank aceBSN

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My buddy and I stopped in on a Saturday afternoon with time to kill. We were delighted that they had a large courtyard in the rear. It is large and visually appealing. Lots of soft seating, fire pit. We did not eat but from what we saw we want to return for food. The wine by the glass selection is somewhat limited for a wine bar, but ones we selected were quite good. Wait staff was very friendly. Definitely returning. NOTE: Would have given an excellent rating if we had tried the food!

1  Thank rukind2
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Timo's is within walking distance of our home and is in a stretch of Central that has seen places come and go. So far Timo's is hanging in there.

The patio is a good place to have wine and food and enjoy the great winter weather in Phoenix. We have had the pizzas and other entrees and most everything is good. Only once in the times we have gone have we had to send something back.

1  Thank Walter M
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was our first time visiting since the change of hands. The Bloody Mary was the best I have ever had anywhere, not impressed with the wings, nice and meaty but way to sweet for my taste. Really yummy pizza and artichoke dip. I was unhappy to see foie gras on the menu so I will not go back unless it is taken from the menu, everything else gets 5 stars.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a salad with chicken. The salad was good but the chicken was very dry and cold. My husband had the crab cake benedict it was OK but not perfect. Pizzas and Flat Breads might be the way to go here.