“Tasty Red Chile”

Neighborhood: Encanto
phoenix,arizona
“Tasty Red Chile”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I really liked the fry bread house in phoenix. I hoped that this place would be similar and much to my amazement the fry bread comes close except not as big in portions. I got the red chili fry bread with beans and it was very tasty without being too spicy. However, the bread itself did a poor job of withstanding all the toppings. $11.00 for a fry bread and drink I may go once in awhile on a craving but nothing more.

• Visited July 2013

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“1st visit Yummy Yummy fry bread”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

I usually only have fry bread once a year at the State Fair but I saw the fry bread house and absolutely wanted to try it. I am so glad I did because it was so good. I had a green chili fried bread with lettuce and cheese took it to go but ate it in my vehicle in the parking lot. Then I went back inside and ordered 3 more plain fry bread for my kids. They were so glad I did and I will definitely be back. A little pricy for 1 item $8. That price is what I pay at the fair and we all know those prices are high. So I spent total $20 for 3 plain and 1 green chili fry bread but I am frugal so thats alot for me. They did have a sign saying they were moving soon to 10th Street and Indian School Road but I don't know exactly when they are moving. It is a small tucked away house, not fancy just good food.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent place. Go here and Sacred Hogan for real regional food when in Phoenix.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely loved both this place and Sacred Hogan. Both places were the food highlight of my trip to Phoenix, Sedona and the Grand Canyon. I highly rec going to both. Sacred Hogan is more authentic with some very traditional foods and the Fry Bread House is slightly tastier in the Navajo taco competition in my book. Both are five stars. Did I mention you should go to both?

• Visited August 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“You Have to Try It”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had just enough time for lunch after flying to Phoenix on the way to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. We had researched The Fry Bread House and were dying to try fry bread tacos, so we dropped by.

It's a small place with a parking lot in front, very clean, even the bathrooms, cool, and a friendly staff. When we told them we had never tried fry bread, they suggested the Ultimate Taco. We were delighted.

I'm not a fry bread expert, but if you like fried flatbread, you'll love it made into a taco. The fry bread here was better than what we would eventually have at a cafe on the Navajo Nation, so I assume it's authentic.

The Fry Bread House isn't far from the airport (Sky Harbor) or I-17, so if you're looking for a quick, inexpensive and delicious lunch, give this southwest specialty a try.

• Visited June 2013
“Delicious stew and fry bread!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time here definitely will not be my last! Just enough heat not to much I had green chili stew.

• Visited June 2013