“Hillstone is really good but I prefer the old Houston's look”
Review of Hillstone

Hillstone
Ranked #32 of 3,103 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Description: Formerly Houston's, Hillstone invites you to dine with in our new restaurant featuring outdoor lounge area and new additions to the menu along with time-honed Houston's classics.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Hillstone is really good but I prefer the old Houston's look”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hillstone is almost too busy for it's own good, evenings bar is packed and noisy. Food is excellent and atmosphere is good, just too much humanity for the average family get together. I personally prefer the old Houston's venue when it was across the street. Hillstone spared little when building out the restaurant but it is a bit "open" for my taste. For the original style Houston's, visit the restaurant on North Scottsdale Road in the Hilton Village Center.

Visited December 2013

Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

First time visit to this spot and we'll be back. I tried the salad with
steak and mango and it was excellent. I would order it again without even looking at anything else for lunch.

Visited December 2013
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Great Salads”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stopped here on our way home from the airport, and we were starving. We shared the artichoke and spinach appetizer (delicious!) and then each had a salad. I had the sesame noodle salad with grilled steak and it was truly delicious. Service was prompt and friendly. My only complaint about the restaurant is that it was fairly noisy, even though it was only half full.

• Visited December 2013
Toronto, ON
“Fantastic Restaurant”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our meal at Hillstone in Santa Monica, and were excited to see one in Phoenix. It lived up to our first experience, with fantastic restaurant design, impeccable service and excellent food (consistent from our other experience). Two things stand out for me - the service is fantastic, clearly with a great training program in place. This is a team service environment where multiple servers assist you throughout the evening, all with a great smile on their face and a feeling like they know exactly what you want or need. Well done! Second, the food is of a surprisingly high quality, and consistent across both Hillstones we have tried. For the price point (fairly inexpensive, not advertised as fine dining, but good casual dining) the food is amazing - great brined and roasted chicken, rib-eye was beautifully cooked, all sides and appetizers were great, and the cocktails were also great. In all, we were thoroughly impressed and will continue to look for Hillstone when we travel. Well done! I would highly recommend going here for a good casual night out for dinner. I recommend you make a reservation on their website. They also had a really nice outdoor sitting area and large bar area for drinks. This would also be a great spot for a group - say guys on a golf trip.

• Visited November 2013
Newnan, Georgia
“Business Dinner with Customers”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Outstanding Food and Service! Great Atmosphere and a great menu. I would definitely return and recommend it to others! If your nearby, stop in, you won't be disappointed! Great Job Hillstone!

Visited October 2013