“A Very Peaceful, Restful, and Pleasant Stay”

Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem
Ranked #4 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Black Canyon City, Arizona, United States
“A Very Peaceful, Restful, and Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I recently had a fight with the breaker box in my home and lost! I ended up having to shut off a breaker that had my hot water heater, frig, stove, and a couple of other things. After a couple of days I decided to get a room so I could shower, and boy by then I really needed it :-}.

I got a room at the Hampton Inn in Anthem, Arizona and I had such a pleasant stay that I had to say something about it and was told to say it here.

About the employees: The one I was able to get to know somewhat, or dealt with mainly I should say, was Morgan. She is the desk manager for the 3:00 to 11:00 shift. At the time I was there they were remodeling the lobby so things were kind of hectic for them but all of the employees took it in stride. There was also Steven ( it could also be spelled with a PH ) who was the night auditor. I have insomnia so I wandered down and got a couple of conversations when he wasn't busy.

Now about the Inn: All the times that I have stayed there, which is quite often during the summer because they have a swimming pool and summers can get a bit hot here in Arizona and a person needs to cool off now and then, it has been exceedingly clean. The whole Inn is well maintained and when things like the lap table in the rooms get scratched, then the management retires them. I have rarely even seen rain water in the lobby floor without it being mopped up immediately.

Now for the area around the Inn: Immediately by the Inn is a Denny's and Del Taco. Within walking distance is a super Walmart with a Subway inside. On the way to Walmart is a Circle K and a luncheonette, but since you'll be staying there there are quite a few other places to eat and drink.

Attractions: Immediately close by is Pioneer Village which is about 10 minutes to the south. What actually goes on there I have no idea because in 13 or 14 years I've lived here I've never been there. 60.95 miles to the north is Cliff Castle Casino.

All in all, Hampton Inn/Anthem is a very fine place to stay. The staff there are good people that really care or seem so to me. But I might be wrong so swing by and check it out yourself and let me know, okay?

Room Tip: If you smoke ask for a room at the end of the halls so you can go out the exit as the place is non s...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rick K
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and post your very first TA review about your many experiences at our hotel. Morgan is terrific and leads by example showing us all the best way to give the best service to every guest, every day. Stephen has been with us over 6 years and is an important part of our hotel's team. I'll be sure they both get the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. Pioneer Village, by the way, is Arizona's Living History Village, over 80 acres of an authentic Old West Town, complete with shops, saloons and reenactments. Lots of fun for people of all ages.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our stay here should be a training ground for all other hotels. We were never made to feel more welcomed! The front desk remember who we were every time we walked in the door. They made us reservations and didn't even had to ask our room number and they were just about sold out. The manager advised us of a wine bar down the street. 2 thumbs up to her. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent stay and wonderful review. We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and we want all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us by providing the best possible service and accommodations in our area. We look forward to serving you here again soon.
Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I chose to stay at this Hampton just north of Phoenix at the beginning of our trip in Arizona. As usual, this was a good decision: the hotel was quiet and clean, offers fitted sheets and comfy bedding, a fitness center, freshly baked cookies, internet access and friendly employees. There were not many restaurants close by but since this was just an overnight stop, that was not a problem. A fast-food restaurant and a Denny's are a few steps away if you can handle their food for a meal or two. A convenience store/gas station is located at the turn into the Hampton and an outlet mall is across the street. This Hampton offers a great jumping off point to visit Montezuma's Castle as you head up Interstate 17 toward the Grand Canyon. If you have time, don't miss the stop at Walnut Canyon, slightly east of Flagstaff. It's full of history and offers a great hike!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the highest floor available and ask to be as far from the elevator as possible.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel as your starting point, and for sharing your review and 5 star rating. There are so many wonderful places to visit in our area that everyone can find something of interest to enjoy and explore. I hope your trip was wonderful and that you will stay with us again soon.
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first time to stay at a Hampton Inn. After a long day on the road--sightseeing and shopping from Sedona going south--we decided to stop here rather than driving in to Phoenix.
While we arrived after dark we found the parking well lit, clean, quiet, and the reception area
welcoming with cookies available (how did they know I wanted a cookie?) The service prompt
and courteous. The room--spacious, clean, and very comfortable. Probably the nicest room we
had on the trip. The beds were very good, the facility very quiet although the parking lot was
fairly full. If this is what one can expect of Hampton Inns--I'll make it my favorite chain hotel.
And, it proudly displays its Trip Advisor sign.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your comments and 5 star rating of our hotel, and Welcome to Hampton Inns, your new favorite family of hotels! We love having you here and will always do whatever we can to make sure your stay with us is enjoyable and worry free. I hope you will let us prove this to you every time you are looking for a hotel stay.
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

As far as hotels go, the Hampton Inn is always a good stand by when you need one in a hurry and don't have lots of options. In this particular situation, for the holiday, the family home was packed so we were put up at the ONLY hotel in the Anthem area. So, if you are staying in Anthem, just know this is the only option in a 10 mile radius.

The hotel is updating and remodeling it's breakfast service area and gym but have made arrangements for a local gym to accommodate hotel guests, which showed they cared about their guests. Every day in the lobby is a tray of warm cookies, for guests as they come and go. A nice touch for a middle of the line hotel chain. What we particularly appreciated though, was the "to go" breakfast in a bag at the desk for those who check out or leave before the "included" breakfast is served. LOVED that extra touch to accommodate all guests at the hotel.

What I particularly liked was something I wish more hotels/resorts did purposefully. Each morning we were asked if our room needed service. In a city where water is a premium, I was happy to help conserve by not asking for new sheets & towels. I made my own bed, by choice, but was very appreciative of their sensibility. This would be a great way to save money on room rates as well, as you don't have to pay for so much unnecessary services unless you want them.

Across the street is an outlet mall, a Wal Mart, Dennys and Del Taco. 1/2 mile over I-17 is a Starbucks, banks, grocery stores, etc. Beautiful area.

Would I stay here again? If my entire family gets together again and someone needs to go to a hotel, YES!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton brand, and for choosing to stay at our hotel and share your comments. We are proud to be a part of a Lighthouse Brand, that you know you can always count on quality and comfort, and our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We are also proud of our eco-friendly and sustainability programs and practices, and appreciate your recognition of these efforts. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is right next to the outlets at Anthem which is great after a "full day of shopping"! They have a small heated outdoor pool and spa which was clean and well maintained. The only negative about this hotel was the breakfast which didn't offer a great choice. Despite this I would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thanks for choosing to stay at our hotel, and for sharing your comments and recommendation. Hampton establishes the breakfast menu choices, and I'm sorry to hear you were not satisfied with this aspect of your stay. I hope you will accept my apologies, and let us know if there is something more you would like the next time you are here.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel has recently upgraded its features. There were multiple USB charging stations in the room, excellent television reception, extra clean comforters, along with the expected Hampton features. The breakfast room staff did a great job and the front desk was always helpful. A well managed property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. The upgrades you noticed are part of Hampton's new standards, and you should be seeing them and even more coming soon to all properties. We value all guest input and really appreciate your kind words. I hope you will let us serve you again soon.