“A lot for a little!”

Ranked #4 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona
“A lot for a little!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

As most people have noted, what stands out most is that the rooms are very clean. The bathrooms are immaculate and the carpet is in great condition. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were clean. The room (king with sofabed) came with a fridge and a microwave, plus plenty of counter space for groceries or snacks. The television was an HD flat screen that showed a wonderful picture. Breakfast is served each morning and includes, waffles, scrambled eggs/omelet, usually home fries, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, muffins, cereal and juices. The business center has large computers (look to be LeNovos) and are very easy to use. Plus when you log out the system erases cookies and temporary internet files (comforting when checking bank account information). I did not use it, but there is also a fax service, a printer and supplies. The fitness center has a treadmill, a stationary bike and a step master. The outdoor pool/jacuzzi area is key-entry and well-maintained. In the lobby there was always complimentary cookies and apples. There is also a small "convenience store" right next to the front desk. There is a guest laundry facility ($1.00 to wash and to dry), and ice/vending on each floor. The staff was very friendly and helpful too. The location is excellent - directly across the street from the Outlets of Anthem. Out the front door of the hotel, in same lot, is a Del Taco and a Denny's. There is also a Circle K across the lot from the hotel and a Walmart that is about a 5 minute drive through a neighboring lot. And all of this was for about $60 per night (government rate)! Cannot be beat!! Definitely worth the stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tmgatty
, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thanks for your thorough review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased to offer the best service and accommodations to all our guests and want everyone to be able to relax and enjoy their time here. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you here again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed in this Hampton Inn on the way back from the Grand Canyon (leaving via Phoenix airport the next day). We got a great AAA rate and were more than pleasantly surprised by the decor, service, and amenities at this hotel--just a terrific value for the price.
We were were welcomed and checked in quickly, were offered beverages and snacks in the lobby (fruit, cookies), and found our room to be very tastefully decorated, clean, and well-stocked (coffee pot, microwave, lots of towels, etc.) The beds were terrific, the TV was large, really just nothing to complain about...
We found the breakfast more than sufficient -- enough choices so that everyone was satisfied, great coffee, make your own waffles, etc.
The location was fine for our purposes, right off the highway, and we got to the airport in about 30 minutes. So kudos to the Hampton Inn. You are doing it right, and I think this is a fine place for family travelers to stay for a night or two.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank T-TAdventure
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your excellent review! We are a proud member of the Hampton family, and recently received another Outstanding grade on our Brand Quality Inspection, which includes physical plant, operations and guest satisfaction. We really appreciate your recommendation, and hope that you will give us the chance to serve you again here soon.
Placentia, California
Reviewed June 3, 2012

When I was boarding my flight to come to Anthem AZ for two days, I realized I had forgotten my iPhone charger and immediately starting thinking there's no way I'm going to make it two days without having to buy a new charger.
When I arrived at the Hampton Inn, Becca greeted me; she welcomed me with a big smile and was extremely pleasant. I received the key to my room and I started walking towards the elevator and thought to myself it can't hurt to ask if they have an extra charger. I went back to the receptionist desk and asked Becca. She said no, but I’d be more than happy to let you use my own personal charger. I was amazed, she never thought twice and without hesitation she offered me her charger and told me I could use it as long as I needed it.
Becca's customer service was above and beyond, made my stay at the Hampton Inn in Anthem incredible and one I'll never forget. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian P
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for choosing us, and for taking the time to share your experience here. Becca is terrific and brightens the day of everyone she encounters. I'll make sure she is rewarded for her good service to you. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area or forget your charger.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn multiple times, and have come to rely upon on it when in traveling in the Phoenix area. The service is very good. Breakfast offers variety, including warm alternatives of eggs and meats. The bedding is plush and ever so comfortable. Our rooms have always been exceptionally clean. Because the hotel is in Anthem, about 15 minutes north of Phoenix, the rate is a better value than other comparable Phoenix hotels. Access is convenient off the Interstate, and in near proximity to the Outlet Center.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for your many visits, and for your nice comments. I'm glad to know you can count on us for a clean and comfortable stay, at a reasonable rate. Please continue to let us know when there is anything we can do for you during your visit.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I'm writing to review the service we got at this great hotel. When we checked out and got down the road quite a ways I realized I had left my special cervical pillow in the room. Because of neck injuries I travel everywhere with it. We called the hotel and got the receptionist that had checked us in. Her name was Becca. She went to our room, collected the pillow and agreed to hold it for us until our return in two weeks. Two weeks later we stopped in and luckily Becca was on duty. She not only found the pillow and returned it she gave us directions for how to proceed to Yuma and the gave us directions for how to return to Phoenix from Yuma. It saved us so much time since we didn't have a GPS in our car. She really went above and beyond the call of duty. Plus the hotel room was great!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thanks so much for your recent visit, and for taking the time to share your experience here. Becca is terrific, and inspires all of us to do our best for every guest, every day. I will make sure she gets the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope the rest of your travels in Arizona were enjoyable, and that you will give us another opportunity to serve you here the next time you are in our area.
queen creek
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The young lady behind the counter is highly service oriented. When asked for things to do in the area, she had several ideas and even gave written instuctions on how to get there. Her communication skills are strong. And her pleasant personality helped to make my stay comfortable and I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Phoenix/Anthem, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for making your very first TA review about your recent stay with us. I really appreciate that you took the time to acknowledge jobs well done, and will share your comments with the rest of the team, so everyone continues to do their best for every guest, every time. Please let us know when you will be back, so we can welcome and thank you in person.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stay at Hampton Inns often, in fact, I am typing this from another one in Kingsman, AZ, so don't expect super luxury, however, the rooms were pretty cramped, carpet a bit worn and the bathrooms were tiny. Also, no real closet, just a little cupboard type thing. On the plus side, the pool was nice, although you had to go through the lobby outside and walk down a sidewalk to get to and from it. The breakfast was the worst in my HI experience; the eggs were tasteless and a very odd consistency like little pebbles, no bacon or sausage like most HI breakfasts have. The location is really pretty and close to some nice shopping, as well as really convenient right off the interstate. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful, but the owner needs to spend some money getting the rooms in this property up to the standard of the other 30 or so HI's we've stayed in over the last few years. I'd probably give it a B minus or C plus.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere to get a good room.