“An unexpected find”

Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Great coffee. Had a cappuccino with my breakfast burrito which was quite good itself. Out of the way I guess if you are visiting downtown only, but if you find yourself in N. Phoenix, this is a great spot. Would never have expected it outside of a half empty run down strip mall.

There are newer reviews for 32 Shea

Reviewed February 3, 2012

What a delightful little place! A small coffee hut turned into a restaurant that serves sandwiches, cocktails, wine, beer, coffee, salads, small plates, and an entree. Yes, just one "entree of the moment" but boy, they have delicious food! The sandwiches are especially delicious, especially the OMG which is prosciutto, marscapone and fig. High quality ingredients. Barista coffee is also their specialty. Highly recommended!!

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Im always trying to find local places and I came across this restaurant. It is small and has a limited menu and no table service but what they have is delishious. We went for breakfast and I had the croissant breakfast and my husband had the early bird sandwich both cost $4.50. Husband also had a cappuccino which came w/an artistic froth. It was busy with regulars some who shared that dinner is equally as good and with table service. There is also an outdoor patio for dinner service.

Reviewed September 27, 2011

What a great cafe! Great urban feel with outdoor dining. Had the roast beef sandwich.....gotta have another! Little things made an impression with me...condiments served in stainless steel cups vs. cheap plastic, sugar in dispenser not packages, HUGE cups of tea, lots of regulars poped in while I ate and that spoke volumes.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

If you have not been to 32 Shea (hey guess what it is in the parking lot of the old strip mall at NW corner 32nd St and Shea) - at first it sight you may pass by it - DON'T - it is really a cool place. In fact my wife and I just had coffee (wonderful) and a light breakfast there - it is almost becoming habit forming after we hit the farmer's market to go there on Saturday morning. It is small inside, but they have a great outside patio dining that they have fixed up. They also do a little drive thru as well. The breakfast menu is great, real steel-cut oatmeal (and for us Scandinavians most important for breakfast), an amazing breakfast burrito - the salsa is the best, they have a croissant and regular egg sandwich as well - selection of muffins and bagels. Don't just stop for breakfast - the lunch is wonderful as well - everything is fresh (and I think they are growing some of the herbs in the planters on the patios) - and in the evenings one of our favorite things to do is stop by and get a glass of wine (they have a thoughtful selection - nothing bad) with some great selections of small plates, salads, and bruschettas with a lot of combinations (for us it much like our flatbread pizzas we enjoy in Helsinki and northern Europa) - they have a lot of inspiration of the chef with “entre of the moment” and the prices are most affordable. The owners are very creative people I should think and it is a true oasis for us Europeans here in the desert of Phoenix – I cannot rave enough about this little and very special place!