“Well rested and treated like a King”

Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West
Ranked #63 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My son & I went to Spring training baseball games and looked for a good priced, clean & convenient place to stay. We where very satisfied with our choice. The Red Roof Inn In west Phoenix is a darn good bet to get my business again. They even had flavored cream for there coffee in the lobby. Shout outs to David & Kim at the front desk. They both made us feel like we where important to them and not just customers. Good job David. Good job Kim. We will see you next spring!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Another Spring Training Fan! We really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I will share your comments with my staff. I agree, Kim and David are awesome! We look forward to seeing you next March.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

No hair dryer, no iron, one mustard size condiment container of shampoo--for 2 days, no breakfast, one 5 cent package of Kleenex for 2 days, and no restaurant (unless you call IHOP a restaurant: only fast food was nearby) for at least 10 miles.
On the way in, the ring road looked abandoned it was in such bad shape--and poorly lit at night, but I realize that is not the Hotel's fault. However, the obvious lack of attention and caring by the owners was evident. The elevator looked like heck (see picture) and the missing tiles right inside the front door were appalling.
The key was a metal thing that wouldn't fit in your wallet...
The smell of strong sanitizer was more than I could bear, but the window opened, and by the second day it was OK.
Hey, it was cheap compared to the surrounding areas, so I guess you get what you pay for.

My guess is that the Motel 6 next door had more amenities...
The sad part was that this place could have been quite decent. The bed was good and the place was quiet. The room was reasonably attractive and clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 34oceanspirit
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

We appreciate your review. We wanted to let you know we have several restaurants with-in three miles of the hotel (Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Macayo’s) just to name a few. We have addressed the issue you reported on lobby floor. We are happy to hear you slept well, the new Serta mattresses were just replaced last year. We would love to have you try us again when you are in this area. Again thank you for taking time to review our property.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The staff was great as was the location. My work was in Phoenix for 2 months and my stay at the Inn was pleasant. Kim & Bobbi were very helpful & so was everyone I encountered. Red Roof Inn is in a great location. There is easy access to Interstate 10 and is near to many restaurants, stores, gas stations and the bus line.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here at RRI. I am glad we were able to provide you with a comfortable room to work from during your extended stay with us! We hope to see you again if work or pleasure bring you back to Phoenix.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights for spring training, it is just off the 10 at 51st, so getting to games was a breeze. The bed was comfortable, had a 32" flat panel tv (only complaint about that was not enough channels) and the AC worked very well. The wifi was spotty in the evening, but worked well during the mornings. Loved the fact its smoke free and quiet. There is a Circle K, McDonalds, Burger King, and Food City (Hispanic supermarket) within walking distance. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your review with others. We are in a great location for Spring Training and we love having the fans stay with us. I think we look forward to
Spring Training as much as the fans do!
Hope to see you next year!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

100 percent non smoking, clean no frills and just what you need for an unexpected overnight. We were stuck in the area and unwilling to drive an additional 3 hours so we tried to find a hotel for the night. No one seemed to have any rooms for under a bizillion bucks a night. I had stayed at one of Red Roofs other Phx locations so I figured I give this one a try. Guess what..Trip Advisor had already rated it as almost 5 out of five - and we got a room for a very reasonable rate and had an excellent and very needed nights sleep.
The Hotel next door to the Red Roof had an awesome bar and restaurant so we didn't have to drive out to eat either. Seriously beginning to love the corporate Red Roof Inns. They adhere to some excellent standerds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

We are so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays at all the Phoenix Red Roof Inns. We certainly appreciate you taking time to review our property and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Phoenix.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We spent 8 nights at this Inn mainly because of the reviews from tripadvisor. We found it clean with comfy beds, newer carpet & flat screen TV's. We got the King rooms with fridge and microwave. Perfect for us & Near expressways. General Manager Bobbi, front desk w/Kim & staff work hard at making you feel comfortable. Any questions or problems you have they wiil accommodate you. Yes the Wiffi is slow but they are working on it! Very affordable, especially for long stay! Also A Nearby Enterprise rental did a great job for us with a one day car rental. Thanks, Bobbi, Kim and staff and Thanks Jamal@Enterprise!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Apolo61
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

We are very pleased you had a great stay! Thank you for sharing that with your fellow travelers. I have shared your review with my staff and with Jamal. We hope when your travels bring you back to Phoenix you will come see us again!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love the fact that the red roof inn is 100% smoke free having asthma that's a HUGE relief. The rooms are very nice comfy beds there are only a couple things I wish we're different here at the Red Roof Inn. First thing the Wifi is sooo slow. Second the walls are very thin I could hear everything the people next door were doing very annoying when you have to get up early. And the last thing and maybe it's me but the hot water in the shower did not seem very hot. But over all I would stay here again

• Stayed: February 2013
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

We really appreciate you reviewing our property. I have passed along the comments about wifi to our corporate office and we are working on that issue. We did get all new beds in July and have recieved several favorable comments about them, we are so glad you slept well!