“Average budget hotel”

Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Portland, OR
“Average budget hotel”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked this room to attend the Fiesta Bowl. The best feature is the central location - midway between the airport, Glendale and Scottsdale. The immediate area isn't the best, but the freeway onramp is handy. Lobby area is barebones at best and there's no onsite breakfast, though you can get a cup of coffee in the morning in the little nook off the main lobby. Rooms are standard hotel fare, clean but a little dated. Wifi is free which is a plus. Staff are friendly, though I did ask the desk clerk if there was a pharmacy close by - she wasn't sure. In fact, there are Walgreens about a half mile in either direction on McDowell. No decent place to eat other than fast food within walking distance.

Room Tip: Your choices for a room are on the freeway side or overlooking a vacant lot. Take the lot side, I h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. You did make a great observation about our location; we are very close to all the major venues. I have shared your comments with the staff and we are working on a list of quality restaurants for all our travelers. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Kim, the manager, and staff were excellent. We stayed for 2 weeks on business and found all the accommodations to be exactly what we needed. They were also great to give us recommendations on local events, restaurants, and things to do. The rooms were clean, the service was fantastic, and the general appearance of the hotel was very good. I would recommend this location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that the hotel and staff were just what you were looking for! We have shared your positive comments with our staff and we look forward to seeing you back when you visit Phoenix again.
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I won't be back. Internet speed is important to me. At 5 am I clocked the free wifi in my room at 0.4 mbps while my phone was getting 2.0 Mbps on the 4G network. My cutoff for returning to a hotel is 1.5 Mbps. If they charge for Internet the I factor that into the price of staying there. Other than that the hotel is a fair value.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear that the room and our staff met your expectations. I have taken your feedback on the internet speeds and provided it to our team to review. We understand the importance of this feature in our connected world of travel. We do hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in town.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

After staying at a few budget motels within Arizona, we were expecting the Red Roof Inn to have a few more of the amenities that the others had. There was no fridge or microwave, and no coffee maker in the room, although there is coffee available downstairs in the lobby. There is nothing really nearby to the inn, aside from a mexican supermarket and fast food places. The room was very clean, but the two beds in the room were only double. Perhaps if space is an issue for you, you would be better off booking a king room.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the King Room for a better experience
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We thank you for your review. We offer our Superior King room which comes with a coffee maker and a micro-fridge. The standard 2Bed is another option that is designed to meet the needs of the traveler that does not require all the amenities and is priced very reasonably. The IHOP and a few other fast food restaurants are located just on the opposite side of our exit. We hope that the next time you are in our area you will stay with us again and try the Superior King room!
Woodland Hills, CA
Reviewed December 8, 2012

If you're looking for a clean, reasonably priced, comfortable hotel with a staff that makes you feel like family, look no further.
I went to the Phoenix area for a concert and after reading decent reviews on this hotel, I booked a room for my wife and myself. And as we all know, booking online blind can often serve up unwanted surprises.
As comfortable and clean as my room was, it was nothing compared to how the staff treated us. Wonderful is just not a strong enough word to describe them. From the hotel manager, to the desk people to the maid service, everyone was friendly and treated us like we were the only guests there. When my travels bring me back to this area, this is the hotel that I will be staying in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we do appreciate it. I am so pleased that our staff and hotel met all your needs. Your compliments have been shared with the staff and they do try hard to take care of all our guest. Glad you enjoyed your concert! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stated Red Roof Inn. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. wish the area it could be a little nicer but it's not their fault. good location right off the highway and the front desk staff was amazing. I have stated in a few other hotels in the area and I would recommend the Red Roof Inn

• Stayed December 2012
bobbishaw, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do take pride in our staff and the excellent level of service they endeavor to provide. We hope to see you again when you are next in the area.
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently, the bed was the most comfortable I have experienced . It is located right off the freeway. The area is not the greatest, there was no restaurant, iron in the room, or room service. The room was very clean and quiet. I would stay again,

• Stayed November 2012
We really appreciate you taking time to review our hotel and are glad you were happy with your stay. We do have irons, ironing boards, and hair dryers available at the front desk upon request. There are also a number of restaurants in the area that will deliver directly to your room. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Phoenix!