“Good value here!”

Candlewood Suites Phoenix
Ranked #72 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Spent a week here to explore Arizona. Good location just off the highway north to Flagstaff. GPS definitely helpful getting here and around Phx. Hotel just north of some more expensive properties (Hyatt etc). Parking free/good. Front desk helpful ++. Room/suite good, spacious, clean. Full kitchen. Full size fridge. Free WiFi. Good reception. No noise issues. Exercise room looked healthy. Small outdoor swimming pool looked inviting. Onsite self serve laundry. Honor-system breakfast items available. Not at inflated prices. Car essential to see Phx. Free coffee/tea 24/7 at front desk. Fresh, not boiled into oblivion! Computer/printer available for your boarding travel info. 20 mins to Hockey arena (Coyotes) in Glendale and same to US Airways Arena (Phx Suns basketball). Don't forget to note your parking location at Glendale. The lot is huge. I got lost, and wandered around for 45 mins before security staff came to my rescue and found my car. Price point here is excellent c $70 and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenneth W
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Hello Victoria,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and what a wonderful review it is! Great information to pass along to future travelers to the area. I hope you had a wonderful week exploring our vast and diverse state. Hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel was very clean, crowded, but clean. Given the area I can see why the crowded parking lot but it was hard to find a place to park a truck pulling a uhaul trailer. The staff were very friendly and courteous, and explained to me where I could find the " candlewood cupboard" and guest laundry. For those that have not stayed at the a Candlewood Suites establishment, the "candlewood cupboard" is kindda like have a selection of food and snacks, drinks and whatever you may need at your dispense. Just fill out a card and drop it in the slot, Paid. No trashy Pop machines that don't work or worrying about if you forgot something at home like hygiene or anything. Very nice hotel and would recomend staying here for those of you passing though or staying for awhile.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Hello Pulse351,
Our team appreciates you taking the time to give us such a wonderful review! It means a lot to us that you were able to enjoy the things that we as a hotel love about our hotel. Sorry that the parking was tight for you while traveling with the trailer, we try our best to accomodate all guest needs but sometimes it is beyond our control. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was driving from California to Georgia and my stop was in Phoenix. I checked online to see where I should stay and Candlewood Suites was one of the top picks and I see why. It is very very comfortable and really really nice. The bed was very comfortable and my brother enjoyed the hide away bed in the living area. I loved the kitchenette and everything that came with the room. Well above what I was expecting. If you are looking for a place to stay over from a long trip to get a good nights rest this is the place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello Tarvywarvy85,
Our team is elated that you enjoyed your stay during your travels cross country. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was our second and last stay at a Candlewood Suite. This one was in Phoenix, Az. The first was in SouthNew Jersey. The room is small with a Queen bed. There is a large recliner stuffed between the bed and the wall. Bathroom is spartan with an ill-fitting plastic toilet seat.
Never Again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hello Randy105,
I apologize that your experience was anything less than exceptional. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay with us as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Again, I apologize that the size of our rooms was insufficient for your needs. If I can provide any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 602-861-4900.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was in town to work the AZ state fair. Did not want to spend any money so I used some reward points. Boy did I scores. Great room, free laundry, awesome staff and Pappadeaux's next door. Glad I decided to stay here instead of paying a lot more for a 5 star hotel. All other chains, catch up, Candlewood is on top.

I consider the store a restaurant. They had everything you could think of.

Room Tip: Any one is a good one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello Lynn,
We greatly appreciate your review and that you took the time to acknowledge our hotel as well as the Candlewood Cupboard (one of our best amenities!). Our goal as a team and as a hotel brand is to have the "Home Away from Home" feeling for our guests. We hope that you visit us next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Overall, we had a great experience from this extended stay hotel even though we found it had the lowest rate for our one night stay. Bed was smaller for a couple (double) and firm. The room was a nice upgrade for us (my wife is platinum with IHG) with a nice bathroom and couch. Would recommend even for one night stay!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Nicholas,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We value our guest loyalty and a big thank you to your wife as well for being a Platinum IHG Rewards Club member with us.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were in town for a wedding end of August. The location was perfect. I choose this property from the reviews on TA. They seldom disappoint.
The remodel is very nice. They are homey and comfy. We enjoyed our 1 bedroom suite. We could go in and shut the door and our daughter had the living room and sofabed...she said it was comfy too! The linens and towels were very nice. Everything was clean and in good repair!
The laundry room was really cool. We used the country pantry a lot. Nice snacks and drinks and food and really reasonable. Our daughter loved the nice new modern exercise room and said it had everything she liked in there! Very clean too.
Being a IGH rewards member, I got 2 bottles of water and some snacks at check in!! They had movies, a beverage table, and a small adequate business center. Friendly and fun!
Didn't use the pool but it looked nice and relaxing and clean.
We would most definitely stay at this fine location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hello Corvettegal48,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and also being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. As a team we all take great pride in our hotel and our guests. Happy to hear that you utilized our Candlewood Cupboard and that your daughter was able to use our fitness center as well. We hope you will visit us again in the future.