WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #65 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Redding, California
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was driving from California to Georgia and my stop was in Phoenix. I checked online to see where I should stay and Candlewood Suites was one of the top picks and I see why. It is very very comfortable and really really nice. The bed was very comfortable and my brother enjoyed the hide away bed in the living area. I loved the kitchenette and everything that came with the room. Well above what I was expecting. If you are looking for a place to stay over from a long trip to get a good nights rest this is the place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello Tarvywarvy85,
Our team is elated that you enjoyed your stay during your travels cross country. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pearl River, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our second and last stay at a Candlewood Suite. This one was in Phoenix, Az. The first was in SouthNew Jersey. The room is small with a Queen bed. There is a large recliner stuffed between the bed and the wall. Bathroom is spartan with an ill-fitting plastic toilet seat.
Never Again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Randy105,
I apologize that your experience was anything less than exceptional. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay with us as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Again, I apologize that the size of our rooms was insufficient for your needs. If I can provide any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 602-861-4900.
NASHVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was in town to work the AZ state fair. Did not want to spend any money so I used some reward points. Boy did I scores. Great room, free laundry, awesome staff and Pappadeaux's next door. Glad I decided to stay here instead of paying a lot more for a 5 star hotel. All other chains, catch up, Candlewood is on top.

I consider the store a restaurant. They had everything you could think of.

Room Tip: Any one is a good one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Lynn,
We greatly appreciate your review and that you took the time to acknowledge our hotel as well as the Candlewood Cupboard (one of our best amenities!). Our goal as a team and as a hotel brand is to have the "Home Away from Home" feeling for our guests. We hope that you visit us next time you are in town.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Overall, we had a great experience from this extended stay hotel even though we found it had the lowest rate for our one night stay. Bed was smaller for a couple (double) and firm. The room was a nice upgrade for us (my wife is platinum with IHG) with a nice bathroom and couch. Would recommend even for one night stay!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Nicholas,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We value our guest loyalty and a big thank you to your wife as well for being a Platinum IHG Rewards Club member with us.
Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were in town for a wedding end of August. The location was perfect. I choose this property from the reviews on TA. They seldom disappoint.
The remodel is very nice. They are homey and comfy. We enjoyed our 1 bedroom suite. We could go in and shut the door and our daughter had the living room and sofabed...she said it was comfy too! The linens and towels were very nice. Everything was clean and in good repair!
The laundry room was really cool. We used the country pantry a lot. Nice snacks and drinks and food and really reasonable. Our daughter loved the nice new modern exercise room and said it had everything she liked in there! Very clean too.
Being a IGH rewards member, I got 2 bottles of water and some snacks at check in!! They had movies, a beverage table, and a small adequate business center. Friendly and fun!
Didn't use the pool but it looked nice and relaxing and clean.
We would most definitely stay at this fine location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hello Corvettegal48,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and also being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. As a team we all take great pride in our hotel and our guests. Happy to hear that you utilized our Candlewood Cupboard and that your daughter was able to use our fitness center as well. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

It was only by chance that I discovered candlewood suites Phoenix. My wife and I were looking for a hotel where in we could use our rewards to cover our four-night stay. We found this hotel and location. We checked into a very very very new,modern,energy efficient,service efficient and clean hotel. Their gym was a treat! It was complete! We extended our four night stay till the maximum stay our vacation time allowed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hello ReneUnson,
First of all, we want to thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member! Second, we wish to thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. Candlewood Suites is a very unique brand of hotel and we are pleased to see that you found just what we love about it. Wonderful that you were able to take time and utilize our fitness center also. Our staff takes great pride in our property.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I chose to stay here based on good reviews on Trip Advisor. Was very pleased with my experience and would definitely stay here again. I am new to Candlewood Suites, and didn't realize the rooms are geared toward the business traveler (large desk space, desk chair, small kitchen). There was a stove, dishware, and cookware in the room..very handy! The wall a/c unit was the quietest I have heard in a long time, maybe ever. The full-size refrigerator was a relatively quiet frig as far as they go, but I am not used to sleeping in the same room as a full-size frig. That wouldn't keep me from staying here again though. I really appreciated the wide paved bike trail behind the complex where there were several people cycling and walking on a Saturday morning...a great place to get some walking in before sitting in the car all day. I had recently stayed at "La Quinta I-10 West" and found the Candlewood location much preferable...it felt safer and has more restaurants nearby. The rooms here are functional, clean, and a great price. I wouldn't choose this for a romantic get-away, but for business or other basic travel (including vacation travel), it was great! Also, I appreciated the recycling containers in the building! And Kevin at the front desk was friendly and nice!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hello SJC_,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review for our Candlewood Suites Phoenix. Our entire staff takes a lot of pride in our product and our brand. Great to see you were out on the biking/walking trail. It is a wonderful feature and we love to see our guests taking advantage of it!