All reviewshonor systemfree laundrylaundry roomfull kitchenclean smellblack canyonfront deskwashers and dryersan extended stayover christmasstove topfrontage roaddesk areanice roompool and hot tubhotel chaingood size
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I chose to stay here based on good reviews on Trip Advisor. Was very pleased with my experience and would definitely stay here again. I am new to Candlewood Suites, and didn't realize the rooms are geared toward the business traveler (large desk space, desk chair, small kitchen). There was a stove, dishware, and cookware in the room..very handy! The wall a/c unit was the quietest I have heard in a long time, maybe ever. The full-size refrigerator was a relatively quiet frig as far as they go, but I am not used to sleeping in the same room as a full-size frig. That wouldn't keep me from staying here again though. I really appreciated the wide paved bike trail behind the complex where there were several people cycling and walking on a Saturday morning...a great place to get some walking in before sitting in the car all day. I had recently stayed at "La Quinta I-10 West" and found the Candlewood location much preferable...it felt safer and has more restaurants nearby. The rooms here are functional, clean, and a great price. I wouldn't choose this for a romantic get-away, but for business or other basic travel (including vacation travel), it was great! Also, I appreciated the recycling containers in the building! And Kevin at the front desk was friendly and nice!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Aeryn O, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Hello SJC_,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review for our Candlewood Suites Phoenix. Our entire staff takes a lot of pride in our product and our brand. Great to see you were out on the biking/walking trail. It is a wonderful feature and we love to see our guests taking advantage of it!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The best experience by far especially when the receptionist Diane checked me in. She made me feel like I was home. From the check-in to the check-out. I will definitely be coming back to this hotel where im in the Connecticut area!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Steven C, Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a great review. Glad to hear your stay with us was the "best experience by far" because of Diane. I'm glad to hear you felt at home with us.
Thank you again for such a great review. We look forward to serving you again, your home away from home.

Steven Choukalas - Operations Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My son and I had only one night at Candlewood Suites but could quite happily have spent a week there. From the excellent, friendly service at check-in to the way everything seemed to have been made easy for guests, our stay was really pleasant. There are also many thoughtful extras on offer so, for once, we didn't have the feeling that we were being ripped off. These included free tea & coffee in the lobby, free laundry facilities (an absolute blessing to long distance travellers), the mini- shop which was surprisingly well stocked, a well equipped kitchenette and spacious room.
The exterior of the building doesn't look very appealing and the hotel is near a busy road but don't be put off ( I nearly was) as it is very quiet and comfortable. The hair dryer was the best I have ever found in a hotel, bar none and the towels were wonderfully thick.
I wished I'd known there is a Candlewood in New York and would be happy to try others in this group next time around.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review. Glad to hear your stay was an excellent one. Thank you for all the great comments. Happy to hear Candlewood is your new place to stay. We hope to see you real soon.

Steven Choukalas - Operations Manager.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in March 2013. I picked this hotel due to its location and its rating on trip advisor compared to other hotels in the same area.

While I was driving and had not yet reached the Candlewood Suites in Phoenix, AZ my husband called my cell phone to tell me that the manager at Candlewood had called him and asked if they could change my reservations to the Holiday Inn because they had accidentally overbooked. My husband said absolutely not, as he knew that I do my research before booking and I chose this hotel for a reason. The manager agreed to move another guest instead of me. It was a little nerve wracking to think I would be sleeping somewhere I had specifically NOT booked due to the reviews, but it all worked out.

Upon arrival the male front desk employee was swamped with phone calls, a guest needing something, 5 tired looking women sitting on their suitcases in the tiny lobby area, and then me wanting to check in. All at once! I was impressed with his smile, calmness, and him showing no signs of stress considering the circumstances.

My room was contemporary style in décor and was very clean. It had a small kitchenette, desk area, and great sheets and bedding.

I did take advantage of the free washers and dryers in the hotel. It was great to have this service available and be able to use it in a safe, comfortable area. The "honor system" store is also a very nice touch and I used it as well.

I would definitely stay here again when I find myself in Phoenix. The price was good, the employees were friendly, and the hotel was clean and I felt safe staying as a woman alone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank liberty112
Susan K, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that everything worked out. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We approached this hotel like "let's stop here for the night" and we were really surprised how friendly it was.
The reception was almost perfect, very kind.
It has a lot of services such laundry (for free) and the "kitchen" area with a big choice of snacks and drinks. The rooms are specious, very clean and with a lot of amenity. WiFi was one of the fastest.
It's a little far from downtown (35/40$ by taxi to go to Chase Field).
Price really competitive.

Room Tip: Turn off the big refrigerator in the room since is very noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tramma
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Wow...thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you stopped in with us and we were able to exceed your expectations! We hope you had safe travels and hope you will come back to visit us again.
Thank you again for your time and feedback!

In Hospitality,