“Fine place to stop if you're on hwy. #17” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Phoenix

Candlewood Suites Phoenix
Ranked #63 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
az
“Fine place to stop if you're on hwy. #17”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Nice clean motel off hwy 17, just north of downtown Phoenix. Less expensive than many other places in the area. Surrounded by lots of restaurants to choose from. The only downside is that you must purchase extra coffee packets for the coffee machine in the room. 50 cents each. In the moring there is coffee at the reception desk for free. Small kitchen in the room with refrigerator, freezer, microwave, and stovetop. Dishes and silverware also available.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Green Valley, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

So here is why I rated this unassuming hotel five bullets. We vote with our money and this is an excellent vote. The hotel was convenient to my event in the foothills. If I had stayed at the Point Hilton it would have cost me three times what this hotel did. It simply would not have been worth it. Indeed in many ways it would have been a step down.

My reception by the front desk was friendly and welcoming. They gave me a free bottle of water and a snack. I checked in fairly early and they never even mentioned it. My room was super. I had a full size refrigerator, microwave and stove. This is a real convenience. It is so nice to be able to enjoy a snack, coffee in the AM and even dinner in the room as opposed to eating in the fifth restaurant in a row. Cheaper also.

The bed was very comfortable. The choice of pillows is nice. The Air Conditioning worked perfectly and was individually controlled. There is a very large work area/desk. It has plenty of outlets for electronics and even a bulletin board for notes. The high speed internet was truly high speed and free. In this day and age charging for internet is absurd. The television was a large, flat screen with a full array of channels.

There is an honor store in the lobby with a pretty good selection of snacks and even full meals. It is fairly priced. You just make your selection and drop the money in a box or fill out a slip to charge your purchases to your room. There are free and updated washing machines for the guests. The gym is large and well equipped. The front desk even has a large selection of DVD movies for free if you should want to relaxer with a movie. There was free pizza in the lobby on the Wednesday night that I was there.

This hotel is designed for people on an an extended stay so it does not have daily maid service as I understand it. I think it is once a week but is available anytime if you ask. They will also replace the towels everyday if you like. This is fine with me. I was there two days and it was not an issue. It is a small price to pay for such a comfortable and convenient room.

And that is the real deal. For those of us who travel extensively this hotel offers everything we really want. It is aimed right at professional travelers but anyone would appreciate what they offer. The staff is wonderful, the room spotless and convenient and the atmosphere restful. What more could you want?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Rickwine
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Garibaldi, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I come to Phenix for work once a year and stay here for just over a week. The hotel rooms were updated last year and are very functional, clean, and include free wifi. You can choose a studio style room or a 1 bedroom. The staff here goes the extra mile and are very friendly! They have an amazing BBQ dinner for guests once a week. They have sundries and limited groceries in their laundry room, where you get $20 credit per week to spend. This year I was there over valentines day and each room had a small heart shaped box of chocolates waiting for us balanced on our room door handle. Many of the staff are the same people year after year (and they actually remember me), which I think speaks volumes to the hotel's loyalty, pride, and happy environment. Thanks again to the excellent staff at this location! See you next year!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Oreg0nWanderlust
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your amazing review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I am so proud to hear that my staff took such great care of you and that all of our passion for what we do shows through in what we do! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and look forward to serving you again in the future!

DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We loved this hotel! Spacious rooms, washer and dryer on site (and free to use!), kitchenette in suite, this was affordable luxury. The staff was exceedingly nice and helpful, and the room was great! We stayed here over Christmas and loved it! The hotel has many amenities, and is located close to Tempe, Scottsdale, and Phoenix.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Miranda S
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I visit the Phoenix area (former resident) several times annually for appointments and social gatherings. Candlewood Suites has always been my first choice of hotel. The location is excellent for my needs. I love the kitchen facilities and laundry facilities. The room is spacious with plenty of room to work. The room is very quiet and the hotel is always spotless. The front desk staff is excellent and always remember me. I did not bring my dog this time, but when he accompanies me, he is most welcomed.

Room Tip: I prefer corner suites on the second or third floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dawn B
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

My Husband and I wanted a wonderful Anniversay vacation. We saw Candlewood Suites, as we were going one day to take care, of business. My Husband said that suite looks like a nice place to stay, for our vacation. Well we are so greatful to the Candlewood Suites Staff. They made our stay more then wonderful. The whole staff was so caring and they gave nice Anniversary wishes.

Steven at Guest Services was so nice to upgrade our Wedding Anniversary stay. The staff even place heart kisses a nice card and Sparkling White Grape Juice, in our room. My Husband and I have stay at so many Suites and Hotels but Candlewood Suites was the very best. Candlewood Suites was clean and the staff made us feel, at home.

I can't help but to list the staff names that made our stay so wonderful. First Steven thanks so much! Alisha,Susan,Lori,Kevin,Janine,Janis,Shirley...Jose,Letica,Norma,Maribel, and Lupe. I know this is, for the Travelers to review. To make there informed decisions, when selecting hotels. But I hope the staff, of Candlewood Suites see our warm Thanks and Appreciation.

Thanks again! Mr. & Mrs. Ronald & Royletta Smith <3

Room Tip: Higher floors the view is wonderful and the floors are quite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ronald S
Alisha T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Rondald & Royletta,

Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to serving you again in the future. I will make sure to show your review to the entire staff! Again...many thanks!

In Hospitality,
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in August of 2012, it was 110 degrees F outside, however, our room was always cool and comfortable. The "thru the wall AC" unit ran most of the time. We booked a kitchenette and it came fully equiped with a dishwasher, full fridge and freezer, sink, micorwave, and countertop hot plate. Also all of the dishes and such were included. Laundry was available on site and they also provided a cafetiria type area with snacks and drinks you could purchase on the "honor basis" and fill out a card and drop it into the box. Great location for us adjacent to the Black Canyon Highway, road noise was not to bad at all. Overall, the room was perfectly adequate, clean, and fairly spacious. We did not use the swimming pool or hot tub. We accidentally left some clothing behind in our room, the staff saved it for us, bagged it, tagged it and entered it into the log book. We returned to PHX two(2) weeks later and retrieved our clothes. Thank-you to all the staff there, they were fantastic and we would stay there again. Please remember, that your expectations, may be different than ours, this hotel is older, and does show it's age a bit, however, our stay was great.

Room Tip: request a room away from the Black Canyon Highway, and you will be fine....we were :)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple