“Fabulous Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Chicago
“Fabulous Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the Scottsdale area, this is a gem! Views of the golf course and pool. The course is a links course with rolling hills. Reasonably priced and not as difficult as most links courses. Driving range to practice and nice practice greens and chipping area. Great heated pool and hot tub, which gets fairly crowded by midafternoon. Nice walking paths and close to everything. Great happy hour and breakfast buffet as well. Looking forward to making another trip here soon!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer nice view of golf course.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adam L, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear BeachbabeChicago,
Thank you for the positive comments. We're happy you enjoyed the accommodations! If you can stand the heat we challenge and urge you to come out when the temperatures are hot and the golf rates are low! We look forward to your return. Thank you and have a great summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for a few days for a mini-vacation before we transferred to a much more expensive resort where he was attending a conference for work. This hotel was great & an excellent value. The lobby was clean & modern. The pool area was beautiful with plenty of chairs, a bar/restaurant area & directly on the golf course (& also very clean). The room was large, clean & spacious, but could use updating-the furniture looked worn but nothing terrible. The balcony was also an added bonus. We also enjoyed the breakfast-the employees working here were very friendly & the food was much better than many other ES we have stayed at. Lastly, this hotel is in a great location-very quiet & peaceful but tons of restaurants & shopping close by.

We spent the rest of our trip at a resort that was 4x the price of this hotel (due to my husband's business) & it certainly wasn't worth it. We will definitely be staying at this ES next time we come to Phoenix!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Epowers8727,
Thank you for the great comments. I'm glad to hear our staff and facilities treated you very well. It's great to know we can beat out other prestigious resorts at 4x the price! We will definitely be looking forward to your next visit. Please have a great summer.
Walled Lake, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I couldn't be more satisfied with this hotel! We spent one week here on a celebratory vacation after I finished pharmacy school. The best part of the stay was definitely the daily complimentary breakfast served seven days a week. It includes made-to-order omelette's, bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, cold cereal, fruit, bagels, muffins, and yogurt. The hotel pool and spa were also superb! They were very popular, so definitely get to the pool area early to get a great spot. I have no complaints about this hotel! It was very pretty and comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED and would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Ryan G,
Thank you for the great feedback. Happy to see the breakfast and pool areas took very good care of you!. We appreciate the business and recommendations. Have a great summer!
Steilacoom, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I just spent a full week at the Embassy Suites and felt right at home. Spacious rooms with separate sleeping area. Free parking. Free "cooked to order" breakfast. Free drinks during the nightly Manager's Reception. Right on the walking trails and next to the Pro Shop. I even hit a few balls.

Although it is getting hot in Arizona it was a short walk to restaurants and shopping or the hotel provides a free shuttle service within a one mile radius. There is also a reasonably priced Town Car service to the airport by reservation.

I was participating in a Conference and the management and staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. They were friendly, helpful, and attentive.

I would recommend this location for business, families, and solo travel. Many golfers and several other conferences going on while we were there.

Some of our meals were included in the Conference fees and I enjoyed the food and service during these banquets.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor which seemed hotter We opened our window and patio door at night. No scree...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear TravelPair1968,
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It's nice to see you were able to take advantage of our facilities. The best part about Arizona is when it the temperatures go up, the rates go down (including golf)! Keep that in mind if you plan on coming out this way again sometime soon. We appreciate the business and have a great summer!
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed at this hotel based upon a good experience at the Embassy in Niagara Falls, Canada. We were very disappointed. The staff truly do not seem to enjoy working there. It may be a management issue. We were never acknowledged by any staff when we passed them in the halls or by the pool. We were not even greeted at all by the concierge of the front desk staff.
We had a room looking on to the golf course - good and bad. Good, because the alternative is the parking lot with zero appeal. Bad - at 6:21 a.m. lawn work starts and shortly after that the golfers are loudyly asked to come to the tee box to begin their round. There is no courtesy for those who want to sleep past 6:30 a.m. The room was cleaned in a timely manner each day. However, there was a cheerio on the floor in the main room - we did not have cheerios.

The shower does not drain quickly and takes a very long time to heat up and subsequently a very long time to cool down once you realize that it has heated up a lot.

We requested a wake up call on the day we were leaving via their automatic dialer on the phone. The call never came.

The elevators are very slow regardless of the time of day.

The pool is nice and the music playing was a good touch - the bird droppings that were all over the chairs was not. A staff member took the time to put a fresh towel on each chair each morning but neglected to clean the chairs.

The managers reception was nice from a drinks perspective - but the snacks were sorely lacking in comparison to the Niagara Embassy. Tortilla chips and salsa - celery and pretzels if you were there early - the same each night.

Location is quite good and is in walking proximity to a number of malls and restaurants. I would not reccommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Corner room overlooking the golf is your best view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear RyleighOntario,
We truly appreciate the feedback. On behalf of the Embassy Suites Phoenix-Scottsdale we would like to apologize for the lack of customer service and problems experienced during your stay. We honestly pride ourselves in trying to provide the best customer service possible. In regards to the golf course they're a separate entity from the hotel, thus we have no control over maintenance and tee time announcements. Our GM is actively trying to work with the golf course to change their hours that would be more favorable for our guests. The customer service and cleanliness issues will be addressed directly with our GM. I'm sorry your stay wasn't a pleasant one. We take your feedback very seriously. Thank you for staying with us.
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a recent meeting and found it to be a solid, comfortable hotel. Definitely not luxurious, but that's not what you expect at an Embassy Suites. My room was good-sized and I would have said quite clean until the day the sheets were changed. The replacement sheets had a small area of some unidentified 'stuff' on them. I'm guessing/hoping it was just fuzz, but did a VERY careful inspection. No problems but it was a little disconcerting.

The buffet breakfast was great. It never varied, but I'm not complaining when it was included in the room rate. The restaurant also had a decent lunch and dinner menu with several vegetarian options. There really aren't other restaurants within walking distance in the heat, but the hotel shuttle will take you within a mile radius which covers a wide variety of places to eat.

The staff was very friendly although I'd have to say not extremely well trained. They didn't seem to have much knowledge of the area and the meeting staff was helpful when asked but not proactive.

I don't think the hotel rates a 4, but if it were possible to give it a 3-1/2 I would.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear missmaggiesmom,
Thank you for your feedback. I will inform housekeeping of the problem with your sheets. We want to make sure everything is thoroughly checked over when the room is being cleaned and inspected. I'm also disappointed to hear our staff wasn't as helpful with your needs as they could have been. This is something we'll address with the appropriate department heads to ensure we're giving the best customer service possible. It is pleasing to hear your overall stay with us was enjoyable. We hope to have you again in the future. Have a great summer!
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

This is a pretty nice hotel for an Embassy Suites. There is an adjoining golf course and pool, a well equipped, clean fitness area, a free breakfast and evening happy hour event, plenty of (FREE) parking, and decent conference facilities. My room was indeed a suite, with a living room/work area, a full kitchen, a bathroom with a bath/shower, and a bedroom. There were two HD TVs, too. Sadly, the suite I reserved was still being made up at check-in time (11:30 am) and so I ended up in a room next to the elevators, which meant I needed earplugs each night to avoid being awakened every time the elevator went up and down. Other odd glitches included the need to get my door key re-programmed 3 times and then keep it far, far away from my cell phone (even sharing my purse deprogrammed it), and a very uncooperative shower pull knob which required great force to move from bath to shower mode. And I never could get the wifi connection to work with my Ipad or phone -- I am an HHonors member, but the wifi connection would demand my user name and password, then just hang. Lastly, hotel staff was not exactly tuned in to guest service -- they often ran vacuums at weird times of day next to conversing guests, or strolled in and out of meeting rooms. I'd have given an additional star but for the elevator lullaby and wifi and room key problems. I.e., nice place but not 4 star.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Bearwife,
Thank you for the great feedback. I'm glad to see you are happy with the overall accommodations of the hotel and your suite. We're sorry to hear the rest of your stay wasn't as satisfactory with the issues you've experienced. Earlier check-in times than our standard policy of 3pm is often more difficult to guarantee specific requests for room locations. We try to do everything we can to meet our guest's needs and expectations. I will review best practice procedures with our staff and department heads to ensure we are being more proactive. Please come visit us again and allow us to make your next stay even better. Have a wonderful summer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Desert Ridge
Marriott's Canyon Villas
Marriott's Canyon Villas
#11 of 173 in Phoenix

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale? Share your experiences!