“I loved this place!”

Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Delafield, Wisconsin
“I loved this place!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel! I booked on Orbitz, as I got a much better rate than what was shown on the hotel's website. I called ahead of time to request a room in a quiet location, as I was staying for 3 nights on business. When I checked in, they had it noted that I called and requested a quiet location. I really liked the fact that my request didn't get ignored as it sometimes can happen when booking through a 3rd party site. I am also a Hilton honors member which they knew. The lobby area is very nice and the landscaping is very nice and well kept. The golf course and pool area are beautiful! This property is gorgeous!
The room was comfortable, clean, and very large. The bathroom area was starting to show some wear and tear, but it wasn't anything to lose sleep over. The bed was comfortable as were the pillows. I enjoyed having some beers each night on the balcony as well.
I really enjoyed the manager's reception, which I typically don't participate in when traveling solo for work. The staff was very friendly and always had a smile on their face when pouring drinks.
I'm not a breakfast person but did try the free breakfast and my made to order omelet was exceptional. I could not believe the variety of food items that were available for the guests. What a great value!
I would definitely stay here again, and I plan on utilizing this hotel when I'm in town on vacation as well. Do not hesitate to stay here!

Stayed October 2013
Doug S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Spoiledvacagirl, Wow! Thanks for the amazing comments and the perfect score! I will make sure to share this with my staff. Happy holidays to you and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Came here from Chicago for a 2 day dental seminar. It was a very good choice. The 2 room suite was spacious and was nice to have fridge and microwave in room. The complimentary breakfast was delicious( made to order omlet) and we also enjoyed the evening reception!
We enjoyed having lunch on the patio and sitting around the fire in the evenings with our free cocktails!!! Wish I could have stayed longer. It was a nice break from the cold weather we have in Chicago!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barb L, Thanks for the great comments! I admit the fire pit at night is a great feature especially on those chilly AZ nights. Thanks for taking the time to say nice things about our hotel, we truly appreciate it! Happy holidays!
Park City Ut
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We found this Embassy Suites a nice choice for a 3 day Phoenix trip. It is located about a 30 minute drive from the airport and easy to access from the highway. Old Scottsdale is about a 20 minute drive. It was easy to get to restaurants, shopping and other attractions.
We arrived about 40 minutes before the ‘official’ check in time and had to wait about 25 minutes for our room. While complimentary newspapers are provided in the lobby each morning, there are not enough for all guests thus an early morning trip to the lobby is recommended. The front desk staff seemed to be a mix of newbies and informed personnel. One staffer had never heard of the Heard Museum, which we found surprising as it is as major attraction in the Phoenix area, and another gave us incorrect directions to a local restaurant recommended by another staffer. Another gladly printed out directions to other attractions for us.
The hotel is located on a golf course and would suggest you ask for a room on the course side to avoid looking at a parking lot or the street. Our golf course view was not exactly what we envisioned as we also had a pool/patio view and our course view was the primarily the driving range. Our room location also resulted in some noise from the happy hour each evening. Be specific if you don’t want to be close to the pool/patio area. The bedroom in this suite was smaller than ones we’ve had in other Embassy Suites, however both the BR and living area had windows to the outside (patio off the living area) which was nice. The breakfast was fresh cooked omelets, eggs, and pancakes in addition to the buffett. Warning - if you chose an outside table don’t leave any food unattended as the birds are more than ready to partake!
Embassy Suites does need to get with the times and provide complimentary internet service in all rooms!
We did the "stay 3 nights get one night free" special - a great deal. The neighboring area is well maintained and we felt safe and comfortable. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course room, upper floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TravelkidPC, Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience with us! I appreciate your comments on the news papers as I will look into ordering more during busy days and the commnets on the newbies that we are continually training. I may make the Heard Museum on of our field trips as it is an important part of our culture her in AZ. Glad you enjoyed your stay and yes please come back as we will be happy to have you! Happy holidays!
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 14, 2013

The overall stay was very good. The only down side was the bath tub didn't drain well. You ended up taking a shower in dirty water . The room was clean, the beds very comfortable. The free breakfast was fantastic. The hotel was very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Doug S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you Neillibin for your comments. I will tell you that once we know of a problem, such as the bath tub, we get on it right away and thanks so much for letting us know. I do agreee our breakfast is delish! Enjoy your day!
Norman, OK, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Our technical conference was held in a well prepared room with a good supply of snacks. The sound system and power point equipment were the latest. Lunch on the pattio and complementary receptions allowed us to visit one on one in a comfortable setting. I was well pleased and will consider this location again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Duane W, Our Sales Team and staff is thrilled to hear that your Technical Meeting was a success! We would be happy to have you back anytime! Thanks again for choosing our beautiful hotel to host your meeting.
Parkland, FL, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Dependable great service and accomodations. A good location and the breakfast and happy hour are nice amenities during a business trip. The golf course is an added bonus and the price is right! I highly recommend Embassy Suites both for business or leisure.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Celestine A P, Thank you for the awesome comments! I love hearing that your meeting and stay was a five star event! I appreciate your business and hope to see you back in the near future. Happy Holidays to you!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had a great stay at our facility and will definitely recommend it and will definitely stay there again. They facility was clean and friendly. The breakfast was good . . . made to order omlettes, pancakes, etc. Does not have availability of coffee througout day, however, unless you go to their restaurant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Doug S, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your great experience at our hotel. I appreciate your comments and we hope to see you back soon! Happy holidays to you and your family!