“fun in the sun”

Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San francisco, United States
“fun in the sun”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had a good time. it was a very nice hotel. with the exception of a few small things I was very satisfied. Loved the View from my room! Breakfast was good, except for the bacon being very greasy, and the omelettes were either over cooked or I got an ingredient left out. Service very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Doug S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank your for your review and business. I will be sure to let our chef know about your experience with the bacon and omlette. We hope to see you again soon :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
London
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed a night with my wife. Easy check -in without reservation for $110 including breakfast and Wifi. Room was large comfortable & clean with parking right outside the door. The Wifi worked well in the room and there was a large screen TV with an excellent selection of free channels. This is a typical Embassy Suites hotel but I had two problems:
1. The bedroom was noisy at night being able to hear people walking around in the room above and loud sounds from the toilets above and to the sides when flushed.
2. Breakfast looked like it might have been quite nice but the restaurant was completely full and we could not find a table. The hotel staff were doing their best to free up tables and even the receptionist was wiping table tops but this just was not good enough. We had to buy breakfast at Crate & Barrel which cost $40!

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs which is less noisy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the above room and the service in our restaurant, I will be sure to pass on your comments. We thank you for staying with us and I will do my best to make your next stay a great one. Thank you for your comments.
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2013

we had a wonderful stay at your hotel the staff was great and was really helpful the last night we were there was a few guest that got out of hand they had to much to drink and were talking was out of control (f bombs) I should have called management but I did not so it was my fault other then that great stay thanks to your staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks so much for your great comments! I will be sure to let our food and beverage manager know about your experience in the bar area. We hope to see your again soon!
hinton, AB
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed a week and it was good. The staff were great, rooms were dated but well kept, clean and comfortable. We had a room right by the clubhouse and could hear the announcements but didn't really bother us much. The breakfast was good,the managers reception at night was good, although we only went twice. The lunches we had by the pool a couple of times were great. The reason for the hesitation is the charge of $14.95 a day for wifi. That is per device, the last hotel we stayed at in Scottsdale was the same price but for 3 devices. I wouldn't pay this price again for wifi, especially when you can get it free at most public places. I think we would stay again because of the location, close to shopping, restaurants and golf. We could do without the false fire alarm that woke us up little after midnight. That was the worse sounding fire alarm I've ever heard.

Room Tip: Didn't mind our room location, the noise really didn't bother us at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for choosing our beautiful hotel and location. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. So sorry about the alarm that evening. Thanks again for your comments we really appreciate it!
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Embassy suites makes one feel like royalty! From the moment I arrived, they were very nice and welcoming, explaining every detail of my stay. The offered a cocktail hour with snacks/drinks which I had never had before in a hotel. The breakfast was outstanding, not like any other continental breakfast, I felt at home and the people were so nice. The room was the best part because it was huge. I felt like I was in an apartment. It had a mini kitchen and a living room separate from the bedroom. The service was great and they always left everything clean. It was comfortable to stay there and I felt wonderfully relaxed. I wouldn't think to go anywhere else when I travel, I will always choose embassy suites!!

• Stayed May 2012
Thanks so much for the great comments! I will be sure to let my staff know about your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed one night. My room had some weird angles in it that made closing the bedroom door odd. I had a golf course view, which was nice. But I wouldn't recommend paying extra if you are there for just one night.
The staff was friendly. Bar was ok, and I got a nice sandwich there.
I am starting to give one star less for hotels that don't have free WiFI. The rest of my trip I stayed at a low budget La QUinta Inn near my business meetings, and that cheap place had excellent, free, WiFi. A silver Hilton Honors member used to get it for free and Hilton properties. Not anymore. Bogus. If La Quinta can give it for free, Embassy can. negative on customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Doug S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time share your review. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff and understand your concern with our internet rates.
Walnut Creek, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip but was rudely interrupted at 3:30 AM by a lawn mower. Hotel shares the grounds with a golf course (which they advertise in their amenities book). This may be a win for guest with an early tee time but 3:30 is way to early to be awake. When I complained to the management I was told that the hotel & golf course were independently operated and there was nothing they could do about it. I was even more discouraged when the golf course maintenance crews decided they had not cut the greens enough as they came back the next morning to mow the same spot again. This may be great for golfers staying at the hotel but I would recommend staying someplace else, or requesting a room on the other side of the hotel if you do not wish to be woken up before the sun rises.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Linda S
Thanks so much for your comments. It may be true that the golf course is not owned by our property but the quality of stay is very important to us. I will share this information with my staff and we hope to make it a better stay for you next time.