“Average Embassy - beware the noise on the golf course side”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Ranked #12 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent 5 days here recently. The hotel is an average Embassy in need of some TLC. I changed rooms 3 times due to noise (more later) and each room has a musty/smoky odor to it.
Little details like dead batteries in the TV remote and burnt out light bulbs in at least 2 lamps in each room where issues. In addition, both telephones had poor connections creating a loud humming noise on the line.
The staff was very friendly and professional. The manager's reception was good and the breakfast buffet had a good selection of healthy alternatives.
My biggest concern was the golf course side of the hotel.
The pool / hot tub area can get very noisy in the late afternoon and evening. In addition to kids in the pool, the manager's reception is held on the patio.
The adjacent golf course started their fleet of lawn mowers each morning at 3:45am and then at 5:45, there was a loud PA system where a guy was announcing tee times for the golfers every 15 minutes.
I moved to the street view side which was much quieter.

Room Tip: avoid the golf course side due to loud early morning activity from the maintenance people on the cou...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ontheglide
Doug S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thanks so much for your comments, I will address each and every one of them with my staff. We hope to see you back again so we can make it a better experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,341)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent stay once again! Happy hour and breakfast were excellent. Golf view rooms. We brought additional family with us this season. Sister brother in law and parents. The best ever staff in the bar and dining room. Rooms are large ,clean and comfortable. Plenty of good food places near by. We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Golf view all the way!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Glad to hear about your experience at our beautiful hotel. We will be happy to have you back next year! See you then! Thank you!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ok, so my last stay at an Embassy Suites (in Dublin, OH -- coincidentally managed by the same firm) was borderline terrible so I had a few reservations about my reservation here -- excuse the pun.

After some weather/airline related misadventures, I arrived on an Easter Sunday night at about 10pm exhausted and was effortlessly checked and on my way to the room in minutes. I was upgraded to a golf-course view room, which was clean, quiet, and spacious.

Having a craving for a particular brand of caffeine and only a credit card at my disposal for expenses, I asked the front desk for pointers. "Unfortunately, our gift shop was closed today" Frequently this is the end of the conversation -- but here I was offered directions to a (very close) convenience store, and a shuttle ride if I wanted.

I was upgraded to a golf course view room. Facing East, my room offered a spectacular sunrise view that ensured an on-time wakeup. The upgraded room One warning though: At least in the wing closest to the clubhouse, the golf course PA is awfully loud and if you aren't already awake by the first tee time, this may help.

I found the location to be very convenient for my business needs and almost dangerously close to an In-N-Out Burger [I grew up in SoCal, now live in Ohio. I value my Western business trips], rooms (other than the golf course PA) were quiet, views scenic, and the room rate was well within my travel allowance.

Room Tip: Golf course view rooms have awesome views, but near the clubhouse may suffer from PA noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments, glad to hear you had a great stay with us! Please come back sometime as we have your favorite places to eat and get coffee nearby as well. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here just 1 night on a escorted tour through the southwest in october 2012. I remember that it was very hot outside so the good airconditioning, the lovely pool with view on camelback mountain and the free happy hour was welcoming.
Dinner at the restaurant wasn't that good, but price was ok.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back sometime soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Not too much to look at on our way from Kingman to Phoenix, but we finally made it. It was easy to make reservations on-line with Embassy Suites, but we had to agree to have our charged immediately, and no refunds. We have enjoyed other ES in the past. We arrived a little early to check in so we ate lunch right there. The restaurant was busy, workers running like crazy, but it took a long time to place our order. The food finally arrived, and it was good. We checked at the desk and our room was ready. We were told they were 100% filled due to spring training. Our room was clean, good size, but dark. The lights were low wattage, and not too many. Pillows are 1/2 size. Bed was fine. Breakfast the next day reminded me of my first and only cruise......packed with hungry people. Way too many people for the room. The food choice was not great either. If you wanted a made to order breakfast, the wait was 15 minutes+. We would not stay here again because it was expensive. $200/night The staff was good though.

Room Tip: Our room was in building 6, facing the inside grounds. If your room faces the parking lot, it will b...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. Spring training is a very busy time here in the valley and we were very happy to have you stay with us. I will share your comments with the staff and we hope to see you again and make it a great experience for you.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed one night on our way through to Sedona. Grea suite, lots of room and beakfast was very good. Hotel is attached to a golf course which has a driving range adjacent to the resort. Would recommend this hotel to others. Staff on the whole were friendly and service overall from room service to the custom breakfast met expectations.

Room Tip: A note about wireless internet charges - we have stayed in many hotels and no charge wireless inerne...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your great comments! We hope to see you back soon to enjoy our beautiful property.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We met three other couples for a long weekend in the Scottsdale area. We picked Embassy Suites to stay, since it includes the full breakfast in the mornings, and the managers reception at night.

We chose this particular location from TripAdvisor reviews, and it's location on a golf course. The golf course was not owned by Embassy Suites, but guests received discounted rates on rounds of golf, as well as for the driving range.

This Embassy Suites was near some shopping, including Target, Trader Joes, and Whole Foods, and not too far of a drive from downtown Scottsdale. I think it took us anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes.

Some unique features of this location were it's outdoor pool and hot tub; the location of the breakfast buffet was in the on-site restaurant vs. the traditional central lobby breakfast. Also, the Manager's Reception was more intimate in the bar . . . again, no large central lobby.

One last thing that this hotel had, was free parking, and on-site limo service.

We enjoyed the time we spent at this Embassy Suites location, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for your great comments. We hope to see you back real soon and appreciate you choosing Embassy Suites-Phoenix-Scottsdale.