“Great location, not the traditional Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Ranked #18 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Arvada, Colorado
“Great location, not the traditional Embassy Suites”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I visited this location on business Sept 17-22. One of my favorites things about Embassy Suites is the traditional atrium and fountains - this location doesn't have that which was a slight bummer because that's one of the major things that keeps ES unique, in my opinion. The breakfast was OK, all they had for fruit was watermelon EVERY MORNING for 5 days straight. I'm used to having mixed fruits and yogurt at the ES I've stayed at in the past. This may be nit-picky but I've stayed in over 20 ES in my lifetime. Anyway, Glen and Ada, the afternoon front desk clerks were always very friendly and helpful. I had an issue with ordering movies the last night I was there, and Ada handled it promptly.

I will warn that their housekeepers aren't very attentive at all. 2 days straight I asked for the housekeepers to leave me a new bag and form for dry cleaning - I even watched Sadie (morning clerk) call them on the radio and tell them one morning I left for training. After running out of days to wait on them, I finally went down Thursday evening and got what I needed. The room was very nice and the mini-fridge was actually bigger than the typical ones. The location is also located across the road from Paradise Village Mall. I don't shop but there are great places to eat all around the outside of the mall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IlaPatelSmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Ila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Orlando, Florida, USA
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have stayed at the property several times and have been truly impressed. The property is in a great location, walking distance to pv mall, costco, target, restaurants, etc. The service is awesome and very consistent.

Paul has been terrific. Truly a great leadership team and staff. Every member is friendly with a positive attitude.

Breakfast is extensive and delicious. Made to order omelets, pancakes, and a smile at 7 in the morning, what more could you ask for?! Actually plenty, as their breakfast buffet goes on...and on...and on! Scrambled eggs, toast, bagels, sausage, bacon, breakfast potatoes, fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, juice, coffee, soda, and more.

The guest room balcony was great and the area was quiet, so we could work on our laptops outside-being able to work but feel like you’re on vacation, it is the perfect situation for us.

The gym is exactly what we needed and the pool was refreshing. Speaking of refreshing-love the manager’s reception!

Thank you for making this our home away from home. We look forward to seeing you in October!

Room Tip: High floor, overlooking the pool and golf course is pretty spectacular!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
munster on tour
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Got a great pre-paid internet rate and really enjoyed the suite! Found the service at the front desk, in the bar and breakfast area just OK. The location worked really well for us the location we were visiting in the area. Good mall and area stores, good selection of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Evan D, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and response, without valuable information guests such as yourself provide we're never really sure exactly what to fix. I can assure you we will be meeting with our front line staff to ensure they understand exactly what it takes to deliver outstanding service. Thank you again, and we look forwward to your return!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This was my first visit to this hotel. The grounds are quite pretty. The pool is decent. The staff is incredible. Ruth at the front desk was fantastic and extremely knowledgeable. Martha in the Breakfast hall was top notch and always put a smile on our faces.

The rooms need some renovations. The furniture is older. The couch was gross The paint and kitchen needs to be updated. The hallways have an older carpet and the elevators are hot and not air conditioned. The breakfast is great. The evening reception was perfect as well.

We got an incredible deal for this hotel which made it ideal; however until this property is modernized, I probably will not return.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for writing a review through Trip Advisor...we truly appreciate any and all feedback we receive. I can assure you we are constantly looking at ways to improive and renovate our property. Hopefully for your next stay we are up to your level of satisfaction...as we have quite a few items on this year's renovation plan! Thanks again...and we look forward to your next visit!
Albuquerque
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed at the Embassy Suites Phoenix-Scottsdale from 24-26 Jul 12 and found it to be an exceptional hotel. The room was very clean and spacious and I especially liked the jack-and-jiill doors from the living area to the bathroom and sink sections. The breakfast buffet was outstanding and the view of the golf course from the dining room was cool too. The employees all had a "service with a smile" attitude. Am looking forward to my next stay here in August!

Room Tip: All room views are terrific!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The guest rooms were nice. Exactly what one would expect from an Embassy Suites. The staff I encountered at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. The Epicenter Amber Ale at the Manager's reception was fantastic. However, one thing floored me. I always look forward to staying at Embassy Suites because they always offer fresh, made to order pancakes. This location does not.They didn't have yogurt, a waffle maker, or french toast, either. Granted, the room rate was only $85. So maybe eliminating pancakes and yogurt is the secret to offering great rates. I could have walked to the nearby IHOP, but I shouldn't have to do that at an Embassy Suites. Pancakes are specifically mentioned as an amenity on the Embassy Suites website. This buffet completely missed the mark for me. The other guests seemed to line up like cattle for the omelettes, though. Maybe this was management's way of telling me I don't need the carbs. I can probably thank them in 20 years. But next time I'll stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, where I know I can get fresh pancakes and yogurt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I could tell that the manager and especially the head chef has changed. Not too bad, but it just lacked the sparkle and top-drawer quality I experienced the last two times. I will gladly stay there again, but it is no longer the best hotel I have ever experienced. The food was generally pretty good but inconsistent--it used to be absolutely amazing. The staff was brusque and acted far less friendly--they used to be solicitous. The room's carpet was a bit threadbare. Housekeeping missed a day. Still and all, it is a good place to stay.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business