Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale
Orange Tree Resort(Scottsdale)
  • Pool
Gainey Suites Hotel(Scottsdale)
1,392 results
All reviewsgolf courseevening receptionparadise valley malldriving rangemade to order breakfasthappy hourmanagers receptioncomplimentary breakfastbreakfast was excellentshopping and restaurantsbreakfast stafffire pitliving roomoatmealeach morningpool areaexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Embassy Suites Scottsdale (tho really Paradise Valley) is centrally located and offers a lot for the money. Great 2 hour cocktails..not just beer & wine but anything you want. Cold snacks, salsa, chips, popcorn (not fresh, but bagged) and snack mix were served. Not the best snacks but adequate. The breakfast was fantastic-cooked to order omelets or poached eggs too, plus sausages, bacon, potatoes, cold cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit. Wonderful! There is a golf course right next to the hotel..in fact you can walk over to the pro shop. You get a slight discount if staying at the hotel. We had a beautiful room but it overlooked the parking lot..ASK to look over the golf course. Our hotel was booked solid as it was spring training in Phoenix. Also, the maid service was not up to par..one day they didn't service our room and when we called at 5pm everyone had gone home for the day. They sent someone up for "light" housekeeping..but they didn't even make the bed! NEVER have I had a hotel bed not made everyday. When we called, they took care of it. Overall I would say the maid service was a big drawback as we are gone all day and like to come back to a clean room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the golf course side..western sun. Our room overlooking the parking lot was cold in the morning and afternoon so almost unuseable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bridgeable2
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing all the nice comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves on being just as much a corporate hotel as we a family friendly hotel. It means so much to us when a family traveling with us has such a wonderful stay. We are so fortunate to be one of the few Embassy Suites to be situated on a golf course and surrounded by mountain preserves. This makes for a very relaxing and soothing setting. The complimentary services which include the full cook to order breakfast and evening managers reception is one of my favorites as well. I hope you got to experience our upgraded guest suites with new bathroom fixtures while you were staying with us. All 270 guest suites now have new granite, shelves and lightening in the bathrooms. I was very disappointed to hear about the housekeeping service and please know we have addressed the issue. You candid comments are a valuable part of the success of our hotel. Again thank you so much for the kind words and we look forward to you coming back and staying with us.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stayed here for several nights in February around President's Weekend.
All in all we liked the hotel. I agree with other reviews that the front desk reception is not the strongest. Although the bellman was quite helpful and friendly.
We paid for an upgraded room facing the golf course and were told none was available. Upon further searching, the front desk clerk was able to find a room for us. It faced the clubhouse, but that wasn't a problem, although you can hear the loudspeaker and there was a wedding on Saturday evening.
The strong positives for us: comfortable suite hotel in a good location for touring around Phoenix and Scottsdale with full made to order breakfast. And, the hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport.
The room was fine; very clean and the bed was comfortable.
The view of the golf course is lovely.
We didn't have time to hang out on the property so I can't comment on the pool, etc. but the common areas were clean and comfortable.
Used the business center to print out boarding passes; the center was clean, had office supplies and the printers worked well.
Breakfast was GREAT; made to order eggs and efficiently done. The cooks were so nice and friendly. The dining room has nice views of the golf course.
Took advantage of the cocktail hour once--bartender's were also friendly and welcoming. Nice choice of liquor and beer.

Room Tip: If you are staying for a few days, it pays to upgrade to the golf course view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GkMom
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. Overall I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the popular complimentary breakfast and evening cocktail hour. We try to pride ourself on service and it looks like we fell a little short at the front desk. We are training some new members and they were working the desk the week of President's Day weekend. Dave, the bellmen you mentioned has been with us for 11 years and one of our jewels. Unfortunately only half of the hotel faces the golf course view and therefore the upgrades do tend to be sold out first. I am glad we were able to offer some accomodations that gave you some views of the golf course. We look forward to servicing you again in the near future. We have fabulous summer specials and holidays rates as well.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were in the area for baseball spring training games during our spring break. Let me start with the great parts of this hotel. The breakfast was excellent. Quick efficient omelet bar. The line moved fast and the service was great. Very nice efficient breakfast staff. We enjoyed breakfast two days out of our 3 day stay. Cooked to order omelets, eggs any style all cooked perfectly. Bacon, Sausage, potatoes, toast, bagels, hot and cold cereal just about anything you might want for breakfast. The rooms are old but clean. The housekeeping staff was excellent and took good care of our requests daily. The rooms definitely need updating. We did have a lovely view of the golf course and pool. Nice warm evenings on the small patio were very nice. Swimming pool is very small but nice. The managers reception was good. The bartenders were awesome and very friendly. We requested a dust free room when we arrived and were told there were none available by a very rude young man. "alan" did not welcome us and did not explain the lay out of the hotel. He did not tell us when breakfast started or when the manager's reception started. He did not even bother to show us the general direction of either event. We did not know where the elevators were and had to hunt around to find them. We asked to be contacted if a dust free room came avaialble and were never called during our 4 day stay. Other than the rude welcome everything else worked out good for us. We will stay again and hopefully bring additional family members with us. The location of the hotel was nice and we were able to get around very easily. Lots of places to eat including our favorite : In and Out Burger across the street!

Room Tip: Even if you request a dust free room you probably wont get one! Came home with a sinus infection.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay with us. I really enjoyed reading your comments because there are so many items you listed which we agree with. Unfortunately only half of our hotel over looks the golf course which does limit us from accommodating all of our guest request. Therefore there is a $20.00 premium for staying on the golf course. Within the next six months we are having some exciting new changes taking place including: redoing some of the furniture in the guest suites, upgrading the lobby and lounge furniture as well. It appears during your stay with us we did have a tour group and sports team staying with us. I am so sorry if we did not react fast enough to resolve the issues surrounding the pool space and out side food service which was brought in by other guests. Our goal is to always provide the best possible surrounding and environment and correct the situation immediately especially when it is an inconvenience to a guest. Again we can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write about your experience and allowing us to know what we can do better. We look forward to serving very soon in the near future.

Best regards,

Ila Smith

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was here from a Sunday through Thursday with a small-ish group for a business meeting. I was given a room overlooking the parking lot and the hotel entrance-- unfortunately, a high-traffic area outside the hotel. Some of the desk staff and concierge staff were a bit less than friendly, seeming bothered when I asked a question. The breakfast staff were very friendly and eager-to-please.

I liked the location right next to the golf course and the walking trail and about a 5-10 minute walk from the Paradise Valley mall.

I was very irritated to find that Hilton HHonors had deactivated my account and removed all of my points for about the third time (my card reads 'member since 2000')-- after calling, I found out they remove your points if you go 12 months without activity. I used to stay at Hilton properties a bit more frequently, but knowing they have taken away my points repeatedly, I now opt for Marriott hotels or Hyatt whenever possible. I know this does not relate just to this hotel, but it should serve as a caution to those of us who don't travel all the time to choose wisely among the reward programs.

Room Tip: Stay on the golf course side if you can, although they told me that's an upgrade and didn't have any available when I checked in.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CindeeP
IlaPatelSmith, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments and giving us such valuable insight.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I'm one of those soccer parents who stayed this past weekend at this hotel. Loved the location! Loved the daily manager;s special and do agree that the munchies were standard. Loved the view of the golf course! Breakfast was fine - only problem was long waiting lines and the main room was too small for busy times. Hope we stay there next year!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the honest feedback. We were so fortunate to host part of US Soccer President's Day Tournament. We had over 100 rooms with your group and loved seeing all the activity. Unfortunately sometimes our dinning room can not always accommodate the high activity during busy times. We try our best to open up the patio and additional seating in the lounge to help accommodate everyone. Next year we are considering opening up the ballroom sapce as well. I am glad overall you enjoyed your stay with us> We received a lot of wonderful feedback about our hotel from your program and we llok forward to serving you all again in the near future.

Best Regards,