“Great choice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Castle Rock, CO
“Great choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I just got back from the Embassy Suites and I have to say it was fantastic - our room was on the 6th floor overlooking the pool, golf course and mountains in the distance - I did take the suggestion of staying away from the club house since you could hear them calling names early in the morning - the 2 room suite was very spacious - even with the National Soccer team staying there for their spring training the hotel never seemed too crowded or noisy - the morning breakfast buffet had everything you could have wanted - the staff cooking the eggs were so friendly and accommodating - all the staff in the hotel were great - the daily happy hour was good - the only complaint on that was the munchies they had with the drinks - needed more of a variety besides the chips and salsa, goldfish and fruit - I do have a special thank you to the general manager Ila (hope I spelled her name correctly) - she came over to great us during happy hour and I told her they should have magnifying mirrors in the bathroom for us women who need them to apply our makeup - right away she ordered one up for me and it was waiting in my room when I returned - very nice person - the pool and hot tub were perfect - it really felt good to take a dip - we lucked out with the temperature - while we were there it was between 75-80 degrees - the location of the hotel is great - just down the road from Scottsdale Road - you won't be disappointed if you choose this hotel - we will definitely be back

Room Tip: Definitely get a room facing the golf course and pool - the higher the better
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rennibug
IlaPatelSmith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments and giving us such valuable insight.
Ila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

After reading a lot of other reviews, we selected this hotel. Our stay was Thursday-Monday. I am a Hilton honors Gold member traveling with my husband. I used points for our stay and had reserved a mountain/golfcourse view room. Upon check-in, I was assigned a room overlooking the street and was told there were no other rooms available. I found that hard to believe because the parking lot wasn't too crowded. After much discussion, the front desk clerk finally found another room with the view I had requested. I didn't really expect to be hassled like this. We had just flown across the country and were tired. Anyway, we finally got into our room and all was better. The room was typical 2-room suite. We were in room #6013 and has a great view from both the bedroom and the patio. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was nicely redone. The sofa was frayed and sagging and needed to be replaced. As said in a previous review, the furniture in the lobby and throughout the hotel needs to be updated. The hotel was a very nice experience on Thursday and Sunday and the weekend was another story. Several large groups took over the hotel on Saturday. The pool area is very small and they had half of the area. They were wheeling in coolers and carrying in 12 packs of beer and being rather loud. Finally, management came out and told them they can't have their coolers and their own beer. I wish they would've come sooner because it was hard to enjoy a beautiful Saturday afternoon at the pool with all the chaos going on in such a small area. The area is nice around the hotel, not as nice as Scottsdale, but many different choices of restaurants nearby. We enjoyed walking the trails through the neighborhoods. The business center was usually available but the printer needed servicing. We had to ask the front desk to print our boarding passes as you could not read them from the printer in the business center. All and all, enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KatNick007
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay with us. I really enjoyed reading your comments because there are so many items you listed which we agree with and I wanted to give you some updates on exciting things to come. I was happy to hear we were able to accommodate you to one of our popular golf course suites. Unfortunately only half of our hotel over looks the golf course which does limit us from accommodating all of our guest request. Therefore there is a $20.00 premium for staying on the golf course. Within the next six months we are having some exciting new changes taking place including: redoing some of the furniture in the guest suites, upgrading the lobby and lounge furniture as well. It appears during your stay with us we did have a tour group and sports team staying with us. I am so sorry if we did not react fast enough to resolve the issues surrounding the pool space and out side food service which was brought in by other guests. Our goal is to always provide the best possible surrounding and environment and correct the situation immediately especially when it is an inconvenience to a guest. The printer in the business center has been resolved as it was running low on ink cartridge from the heavy usage of being in sold out status. Again we can’t thank you enough for taking the time to write about your experience and allowing us to know what we can do better. We look forward to serving very soon in the near future.

Best regards,

Cornville, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed twice here in Nov and were very impressed both times. The rooms are suites as you would expect at an Embassy Suites, but generally much larger and equipped with everything you could want including flat screen TV's in every room. It is a little older and the decor a little worn, but well maintained. The rooms we had included beautiful view balconies that are actually large eunough to sit several people at. There is a beautiful golf course at the hotel. The dining room and lounge were excellent with a complimentary managers cocktail hour, and a great complimentary buffett breakfast with a cooked to order omelet with everything imaginable available. All at a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Golf course views on the back side, with corner suites large and great balconies
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank BongoColo
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind description of our hotel. We are so fortunate to be in the triangle of where Paradise valley meets Scottsdale and Phoenix. We are going on 12 years old and recognize of most of our case goods are becoming dated. Though we agree in great condition, they could some update. I am very pleased to announce next year we are slatted to upgrade our guest room experience. We currently got HD upgrade installed. All of our guest bathrooms in our suites were also upgraded in December. This year we are concentrating on upgrading the furniture in the lounge area. Since the complimentary Manager’s reception hour is so popular we thought we would start there first. By staying with us twice in November you gave us the best compliment we can ask for. We look forward to you coming back so you can continue to experience all the wonderful things we have to offer.

Best wishes

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

We always travel with our 5 year-old son, and therefore prefer staying in hotel rooms that are suites. This hotel's rooms are spacious with a separate bedroom and very comfortable bed, and a living room with sleeper sofa, which makes this the perfect place for families.

All rooms have private balconies, and depending on where your room is located, you can have some amazing views of the golf course and surrounding mountains. Enjoy the free cooked-to-order breakfast downstairs while enjoying great golf course and mountain views.

There's a restaurant and bar on the first floor, as well as an outdoor pool and spa overlooking the golf course. Service was excellent! I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to Phoenix.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing all the nice comments about our hotel. We pride ourselves on being just as much a corporate hotel as we a family friendly hotel. It means so much to us when a family traveling with their kids (your son) can have the experience Embassy Suites is known for. We are so fortunate to be one of the few Embassy Suites to be situated on a golf course and surrounded by mountain preserves. This makes for a very relaxing and soothing setting. The complimentary services which include the full cook to order breakfast and evening managers reception is one of my favorites as well. I hope you got to experience our upgraded guest suites with new bathroom fixtures while you were staying with us. All 270 guest suites now have new granite, shelves and lightening in the bathrooms. Again thank you so much for the kind words and we look forward to you coming back and staying with us.

Best wishes,

Ila
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Our room had a gorgeous view of the golf course and the mountains, and we had our morning coffee out on the little balcony every morning and enjoyed the sunshine. There's plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby, and the hotel is centrally located and easy to get to. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for golf course view!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments during your recent visit with us. You described our hotel better than I could. We truly pride ourselves in offering the best service possible and it makes us proud when we read wonderful comments like yours. Value is important to us and we are fortunate to be able to offer a two room suites with balcony views of the golf course. I hope you got to enjoy the free full cook to order breakfast every morning and my favorite the evening manager’s reception. We hope to see you again very soon. We have some terrific spring training packages available as well.

Happy New Year,

Calgary AB Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

There wasn't one thing wrong with this hotel. The staff, restaurants, complimentary breakfast, room, view and location were all great. It is situated on a golf course and although I don't golf but my husband does there was plenty to do. Shopping is within walking distance, walking around the property and golf course every day was very pleasant.....just a nice relaxing place to be.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking any part of the golf course and not the parking lot and the higher th...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ginny124
I was so happy to read you overall experience at the hotel was fabulous. I am glad you got to enjoy the popular Evening managers reception (which is my favorite) and the complimentary full cook to order breakfast. When I travel this saves $15.00 a person. I can read the smile on your voice when you mentioned the pool and hot tub. Life goes by fast in our busy worlds and it means so much to me when our guest get to enjoy the amenities and enjoy life for a little bit. Even if it means for only a weekend! I wanted to thank you for sharing the comments about the hallways. We take pride in proving a clean and service oriented hotel. When we fall short it means a great deal to me to know how I can improve in those areas. I will be personally meeting with the restaurant staff to find out where is exactly we fell short and why so other guest to not experience the same level of service you did. Thank you kindly for sharing your candid comments. We hope you come back real soon so we can provide you will “10” stay…

Best wishes and Happy New Year

Torrey, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

This Embassy Suite proved to be in a very convenient location - close to the AZ 51 freeway and Paradise Valley Mall area [Wal-Mart, In & Out etc.] at Cactus & Tatum. I recently stayed here for 5 nights and found their staff very friendly and helpful. Ada, Tiffany, Daniel, Adam and Evan at the front desk were always ready to assist. The large suite-room was clean and comfortable. The walkway around the golf course was terrific for my early morning treks. Good choice for my stay in the Valley of the Sun!

Room Tip: Request the golf course & pool view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Your review put a smile on my face and felt so proud when you wrote the comments about my hotel. The staff is some of the nicest folks I have worked with in the 22 years I have been in the history. Though we may not be perfect we try our best to make our guest genuinely feel at home. The Golf course is one of my favorite features of the hotel. It makes for a wonderful way to start and end each day with a sunrise or sunset in the evenings off the balcony. With the hotel located in the heart of Paradise Village Parkway we are adjacent to some great dining and shopping options as well. If you have the courage to hike a mountain next time you are in time please let us know because we have great options. Again thank you for starting my New Year off with such nice feedback and we look forward to serving you very soon.

Best Wishes,

Ila Smith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Desert Ridge
Marriott's Canyon Villas
Marriott's Canyon Villas
#11 of 173 in Phoenix

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale? Share your experiences!