“Nice enough”

Ranked #16 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Nice enough”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Perfectly fine place. Nice and clean, good free breakfast (choose made-to-order "over" eggs instead of scrambled carton eggs on the buffet), nice managers reception w/ free drinks, good views from most rooms, location seemed to be ideal. Staff was excellent except for the miserable female bartender who was griping to the two barflies at the end about the the people enjoying the free drinks who were taking up space at her pay bar (yes, we saw you and you lost a tip). For one sweetie, there were plenty of empty stools and two, the two previous nights the manager's reception WAS at that bar due to weather. How are customers to know? Give your boss the hairy eyeball.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ckone0814
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your valuable comments. I am thrilled to hear your overall experience with the hotel was great. We are happy to be able to offer However, please know I am very disappointed and sad to hear about the lack of service and professionalism which was provided by the female bartender. This is unacceptable behavior and I will be personally addressing this issue. We pride our ourselves in providing the best service and value. when we fall short we would like to be the first ones to say "We are soory and you deserved more". I appreciate hearing about this so I can address the issue and ensure no future guest has to experience a similar situation. We hope you return with us soon so I can personally say we are sorry and you can come back to expereince the hgih level of service we strive for.

Please let me know if there is anything I can personally assist you with,

Best Regards and Happy Holidays,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Very nice and clean hotel with its own golf course! The free buffet breakfast is a nice bonus. My wife and I enjoyed our stay there. There are certainly nicer places but for the price it will be hard to beat this place. Plus, there is a free happy hour each night at the bar - free beer, wine and well drinks are a nice way to unwind a bit. The pool was very nice as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your schedule to share your expereince. It means a great deal to us when a guest has a wonderful experience. The signature items of Embassy Suites are very popular with our guest: two room suite, complimentary breakfast, and evening cocktails. If you stay through a friday you can enjoy our popular Fish Fry special for only $12.95- unlimited. We pride ourselves in offering the best value in town. We are always offering some great specials on our website throughout the year as well. We hope to see you again and our spring training specials are already available.

Best wishes,
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We won a weekend here and were excited because we had never stayed in this part of Phoenix before! The overall experience was good, but there were a few things that but a slight damper on our experience.

Positives:
- Very friendly staff
- Gorgeous view of the golf course and mountains
- Great location
- Spacious rooms
- Great happy hour each night

Negatives:
- The breakfast; very mediocre and if you wanted eggs be prepared to wait. Also never enough seating in the dining room so had to hunt down other seating.
- Our room was the closest to the elevator, we could hear it running the whole time. Also not sure where it was coming from, maybe the elevator, but an electrical burning smell that got so bad we had to keep the balcony door cracked.
- Some mold in the bathroom, not bad but noticeable.

Overall a good experience. I think had the breakfast been better and the electrical smell not have been there it would have been an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Try and get a view of the golf course if you can, but avoid staying anywhere near the elevators!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I am very excited to hear you enjoyed the evening cocktails and wonderful setting here at the hotel. I was concerend to hear about the smell in the guest room. This is the first time I am hearing of it and will look into the matter. I will also meet with my breakfast staff to see if there is anyhting we can do to change our structure to accommodate our guest.

Congratulations on winning your gift certificate and if I can help with a future reservtaions please let me know personally.

Caledon, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We spent three nights at the hotel. The rooms were spacious. The great extras such as free breakfast and managers reception were good bonuses. We used the hotel shuttle all three nights to take us to restaurants and a party at a family members home near the hotel. It is free and we tipped the driver.Finding a cab is difficult in this area so this was by far the best benefit- you don't have to worry about having a drink and driving.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course are nice but be aware that if you are close to Stonecreek Golf Clu...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tjocCanada
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to give us your feedback. I was thrilled to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. The shuttle service is a nice bonus at our hotel. I was happy to hear you were able to take advantage of it. I was sorry to hear you were disturbed by the speakers from the golf course in the morning. We are working with them to find a better solutions and your feedback will certainly be taken into considerations. Thank you again and we hope to see you again. Let me know if I can assist with a future reservations.

Best wishes.

Ila Smith
Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel had it all. The rooms were spacious and had a balcony overlooking the pool, palm trees, golf course, and mountains. The bed room was separated by a door. Living area and bedroom each had a flat screen TV. The bath room could be accessed from either the bedroom or the living area. The bathroom was separated into the toilet and shower separated by a door to the sink and counter area.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room overlooking the pool and golf course on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. We strive on a daily basis to make every expereince a wonderful one. It means so much to us when a guest truly feels it during thier stay with us. I am delighted to let you know we are upgrading our bathroom amenities and products. We hope you will come back soon and visit us again for another terrific experience. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you with a future reservations.

Best Wishes,
Hampton Bays, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Arrived 9/29/11 for the Cards vs Giants game. Naturally this was a road trip and not a vacation, lol. This is my second time in approximately 4 years staying at this ES. It is about a 20 minute shuttle ride from the airport. The Stadium was about a 40 minute ride from the ES, by bus. The staff was still courteous, helpful and expedient. The hotel is a bit difficult to navigate but you get the hang of it quick. My buddy and I stay in room 4012, which is an end room. It was clean and kept in good condition. Very roomy, comfortable beds, nice size balcony overlooking the pool, golf course and mountains. The bathroom was directly off the bedroom and laid out in sort of a strange way. You entered from the bedroom into the toilet and tub/shower room (it was poorly lit as well) and then through another door to a room with a sink/vanity/mirror. Then exit through a door into the foyer by the hotel room door. Btw, the shower was very good. The "kitchenette" was to the left and then opened up into the living room area. Bedroom and living room both had TVs. As usual, the ES breakfast was fantastic, as was the Manager's Happy Hour!!!! The pool and whirlpool were clean and towels offered poolside. Didn't get a chance to play golf but other people we were with enjoyed the course. A few other couples rented a SUV and did a day trip to Flagstaff and Sedona. We did a day at Talkingstick casino but I wouldn't recommend going there unless you want to lose your money. Didn't look like anyone was winning in that place! There are plenty of stores near by to pick up whatever snacks and beverages you may need for your room. I definitely recommend this ES.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cody447
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I hope the football game met your expectations. The Giants are one of my favorite teams but I have to root for the Cardinals as I am a home time girl.

I appreicate you taking the time out of your schedule to give us your valauble feedback. I am excited to share with you we are upgrading our bathroom facilites with modern fixtures. This process is also including enhanced lightening in the bathroom. We hope you can come back soon to expereince the upgrades.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and evening cocktails. Some of my favorite things when i travel as well. Thank you for recommending us to other guest. This is the best compliment we can ask for.

Best Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Overall, this is a nice hotel. Our stay was comfortable. The bedroom is not that big, but is decent. The suite takes bigger area and is nice to have. Balcony is decent size. Its location is close to many local shops. Bed could be firmer. There is a safe in the room too. Internet is only free in the lobby. The hotel has daily afternoon snack time at which time many guests gather at their bar to enjoy chips, snacks free. It is more of a golfer hotel as many golfers stay there for their golf course.
I will consider it and stay there again if I don't have anything better when it is time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your response. It means a great deal to us that you have taken the time to give us your honest feedback. The manager's reception is one of our favorite items and I was thrilled to hear you were able to take adavnatage of it. The golf course view makes for a wonderful relaxing setting and many of our guest get to enjoy it year round. Ironically about 80% of our guest our non-golfers. We do hope you come back and stay with us. We are having some exciting revonations taking place this year over holidays. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale? Share your experiences!