“Great Extras!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Caledon, Canada
“Great Extras!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

We spent three nights at the hotel. The rooms were spacious. The great extras such as free breakfast and managers reception were good bonuses. We used the hotel shuttle all three nights to take us to restaurants and a party at a family members home near the hotel. It is free and we tipped the driver.Finding a cab is difficult in this area so this was by far the best benefit- you don't have to worry about having a drink and driving.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course are nice but be aware that if you are close to Stonecreek Golf Clu...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tjocCanada
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to give us your feedback. I was thrilled to hear your enjoyed your stay with us. The shuttle service is a nice bonus at our hotel. I was happy to hear you were able to take advantage of it. I was sorry to hear you were disturbed by the speakers from the golf course in the morning. We are working with them to find a better solutions and your feedback will certainly be taken into considerations. Thank you again and we hope to see you again. Let me know if I can assist with a future reservations.

Best wishes.

Ila Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

This hotel had it all. The rooms were spacious and had a balcony overlooking the pool, palm trees, golf course, and mountains. The bed room was separated by a door. Living area and bedroom each had a flat screen TV. The bath room could be accessed from either the bedroom or the living area. The bathroom was separated into the toilet and shower separated by a door to the sink and counter area.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room overlooking the pool and golf course on the third floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. We strive on a daily basis to make every expereince a wonderful one. It means so much to us when a guest truly feels it during thier stay with us. I am delighted to let you know we are upgrading our bathroom amenities and products. We hope you will come back soon and visit us again for another terrific experience. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you with a future reservations.

Best Wishes,
Hampton Bays, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Arrived 9/29/11 for the Cards vs Giants game. Naturally this was a road trip and not a vacation, lol. This is my second time in approximately 4 years staying at this ES. It is about a 20 minute shuttle ride from the airport. The Stadium was about a 40 minute ride from the ES, by bus. The staff was still courteous, helpful and expedient. The hotel is a bit difficult to navigate but you get the hang of it quick. My buddy and I stay in room 4012, which is an end room. It was clean and kept in good condition. Very roomy, comfortable beds, nice size balcony overlooking the pool, golf course and mountains. The bathroom was directly off the bedroom and laid out in sort of a strange way. You entered from the bedroom into the toilet and tub/shower room (it was poorly lit as well) and then through another door to a room with a sink/vanity/mirror. Then exit through a door into the foyer by the hotel room door. Btw, the shower was very good. The "kitchenette" was to the left and then opened up into the living room area. Bedroom and living room both had TVs. As usual, the ES breakfast was fantastic, as was the Manager's Happy Hour!!!! The pool and whirlpool were clean and towels offered poolside. Didn't get a chance to play golf but other people we were with enjoyed the course. A few other couples rented a SUV and did a day trip to Flagstaff and Sedona. We did a day at Talkingstick casino but I wouldn't recommend going there unless you want to lose your money. Didn't look like anyone was winning in that place! There are plenty of stores near by to pick up whatever snacks and beverages you may need for your room. I definitely recommend this ES.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cody447
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. I hope the football game met your expectations. The Giants are one of my favorite teams but I have to root for the Cardinals as I am a home time girl.

I appreicate you taking the time out of your schedule to give us your valauble feedback. I am excited to share with you we are upgrading our bathroom facilites with modern fixtures. This process is also including enhanced lightening in the bathroom. We hope you can come back soon to expereince the upgrades.

I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and evening cocktails. Some of my favorite things when i travel as well. Thank you for recommending us to other guest. This is the best compliment we can ask for.

Best Regards,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

Overall, this is a nice hotel. Our stay was comfortable. The bedroom is not that big, but is decent. The suite takes bigger area and is nice to have. Balcony is decent size. Its location is close to many local shops. Bed could be firmer. There is a safe in the room too. Internet is only free in the lobby. The hotel has daily afternoon snack time at which time many guests gather at their bar to enjoy chips, snacks free. It is more of a golfer hotel as many golfers stay there for their golf course.
I will consider it and stay there again if I don't have anything better when it is time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Princessila01, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your response. It means a great deal to us that you have taken the time to give us your honest feedback. The manager's reception is one of our favorite items and I was thrilled to hear you were able to take adavnatage of it. The golf course view makes for a wonderful relaxing setting and many of our guest get to enjoy it year round. Ironically about 80% of our guest our non-golfers. We do hope you come back and stay with us. We are having some exciting revonations taking place this year over holidays. We look forward to having you come back and stay with us.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

was a nice hotel with typical nice ES breakfast, located next to the mall and some shopping centers, clean comfty bed, the gym was ok, you can have an ok work out.also it has nice pool+ you will have view of the gulf course if you care!!. One thing I dislike is the layout of the rooms where when if you have to use the bathroom, it feels like you have to open and close so many doors.It has fridge and belkony.
see you around.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for your response. Your feedback is important to us. I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed the breakfast. Due to the limited space, our fitness center does not have all the equipement you would find a athletic gym. However we are only one block away from LA Fitness and our guest will recieve discount pricing if this helps you for a future stay with us. Though I undertsand our guest bathrooms have many doors, this set-up is ideal for families traveling children.

We do hoep to see you again very soon. If I can personally help with a reservations please let me know.

Best Regards,
crawley uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

We come here every year and get a really good rate because we pre-pay.IT is really good value for money,LOcation is great ,with many restaurants nearby, Staff are awesome ,.Cooked to order breakfast usually by Lorena who is a real star,Any thing she can do for. You and she will.I think it's often the staff that make any stay in hotel great and this one has a great team ,.The new manager is striving to make your stay a perfect 10 and if there is a problem she wants to know about it before you leave ,. wE will be back next year for sure .

• Stayed August 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I was so thrilled to hear you come back to us year after year. This is the ebst compliment you can give our staff and hotel. We pride ourselves in providing a great value for the price. Year round we offe specials, especially for those who are willing to do advance prepaid, and it was exciting to hear you were able to tkae advantage fo this opportunity. Almost everyday we get a compliment about Lorena and the kitchen and it looks like she touched your heart as well. I look forward to you coming back. I am committed to finding new ways to make every guest expereince the best we possibly can. Please let me know if there is anyhting else we can assist with.

Best Regards and see you next year.
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was, overall, a really nice hotel with an excellent made-to-order breakfast. However, travelers should be aware that, contrary to the advertising on the Embassy Suites web site, these rooms do NOT have a galley kitchen. When making my hotel selection, I was specifically looking for a room with a kitchenette as I was traveling with a toddler and wanted to be able to prepare some meals in the room. I was very frustrated to find that the "kitchen" was nothing more than a wet bar with a small microwave (inconveniently placed at toddler level so my daughter could press all the buttons) and a mini-fridge. There were no utensils or dishes and no place to sit down and eat a meal. Also, the amenities I ordered ahead of time that were supposed to be in the room prior to my arrival (crib, extra blankets) were not there and I had to contact the front desk several times before they finally arrived.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your valauble feedback. I was very sad to hear we failed to meet the expectations for you and your child. I appreciate the feedback on the gallery kitchen and I am looking into revising the verbiage so we are not giving anyone a false expectaions of thier stay with us. I will be meeting with the guest service manager to find out why the delivery on your request were not met in a timely manner. I too find this unacceptable and I am truly sorry for the inconvienence this caused you during your stay with us. We certainly hope you come back so we can offer you the high level of service we strive for on a daily basis.

Please let me know if there is anyhting I can assist you with for a future stay.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Deer Valley
Desert Ridge
Marriott's Canyon Villas
Marriott's Canyon Villas
#11 of 173 in Phoenix

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale? Share your experiences!