“Comfortable place, no complaints”

SpringHill Suites Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #40 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were in Phoenix for only one night, but this place was close to the airport and near the center of town. There is a free shuttle to the downtown area every hour and free shuttle to the airport. IT operates on a first come, first serve basis. Internet is free. The rooms are moderately sized, but clean and comfortable. We had a car so it was easy and free to park. The service at the front desk was great and the breakfast was varied and ample. I think Springhill Suites is a safe bet anywhere you travel. They are very accommodating and the prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor so there's not too many people walking by
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights. There is a lot to like about this property! It is easier to just list the good features and there are no bad features that I can think of. What I liked about the hotel:
1) Proximity to the airport and a free airport shuttle! It was less than 15 minutes to and from the airport with a very courteous shuttle driver. (Thank you, Chris!)
2) Restaurants in walking distance! I had been told that downtown Phoenix is far from a vibrant city at night and there is no place to go. But the Arizona Center, with a block of restaurants with a good variety of dining options was two city blocks away from the hotel, and a short, pleasant walk. I sat outside at "My Big Fat Greek Restaurant" and had a great dinner, overlooking a park with fountains and light on the trees.
3) Free shuttle service to Banner Good Samaritan Hospital, one mile away. I attended a meeting there and it was really easy to get back and forth.
4) Clean, quiet rooms - The hallways smell nice, the beds are comfortable and the rooms have a mini kitchen with fridge, microwave and coffee maker, plus a pull out couch.
I have stayed at other SpringHill properties with larger rooms. There were some tight spots with furniture that sticks out so far that you have to be careful on your way to the bathroom in the two-bed rooms! There are two flat screen T.V.s in the room, one in the bedroom and one in the "living" space, but they are virtually side by side!
5) No problem with traffic or pedestrian noise, no rowdy guests in the hallways, and a great night's sleep!
6) Affordable! I was able to get a rate of $129 with the Banner Medical Center connectio, not sure what other bargain rates may be available.

There was a small pool area, but I did not try it. I could see the pool from my room and while far from a resort pool, it was fine for a downtown hotel. At least the hotel has one! The free breakfast was typical, not special. The scrambled eggs were spongey.

There is no bar or full food service and no "manager's happy hour" that offers libations in the evening, but with a fridge in the room it is BYOB!

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Travelswithlabs
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've got a couple of choices in Marriott properties that are close to the Exit Certified office where I teach when I go to Phoenix. I chose the <a href="http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/phxdt-springhill-suites-phoenix-downtown/" target="_blank">SpringHill Suites Phoenix Downtown</a> last year (my first trip to Phoenix), and it worked out, so I went back.

This SpringHill Suites is pretty much like every other one. Internet connectivity was weak on the sixth floor, though. I don't remember the connection being this poor on the trip last year. Otherwise, service good-front desk staff, excellent, housekeeping did fine. Breakfast was weak-their idea of eggs are those patty-things you put on an egg mcmuffin. Turkey sausage and Canadian bacon are weak meat choices. Not that I really care that much, honestly. I can grab a bowl of cereal and a coffee, then stop someplace for a proper breakfast sandwich on the way to the office.

The SpringHill Suites is located on 7th Street and Van Buren, and the office is at 1st Avenue and Adams, which makes for a ten-block walk. That's exactly what I want, because I don't have to rent a car. The hotel has a shuttle to/from the airport, and Phoenix has good public transit if I want to get adventurous. The proximity to decent dining options, such as Pizzeria Bianco, The Rose and Crown, and the restaurants in Arizona Center all add up to a good location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank YatPundit
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and daughter took me to Phoenix for my birthday to see a Diamondback game. We chose SpringHill Suites because of its close proximity to Chase Field. It is within walking distance. The state was fantastic the breakfast was very good however the areas very small with everybody trying to eat at the same time. I believe that our next trip to Phoenix will be with a stay at that hotel. We really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great location for a Diamondback game. Clean...terrific beds... staff is very friendly ...and you get free parking, Internet and breakfast. Close to the airport. Perfect for a one night stay would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank NJGolfVac
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was a little leary being a solo female arriving after midnight. The front section of the parking lot is well lit and there is a security feature to enter the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable.

Overall I was happy with this hotel. They offer free parking and breakfast which seems unique for a "downtown" hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank luvdinaz
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Nive rooms. Good location downtown. Close to sports venues and area seems okay at night. The front desk staff are very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Nice breakfast in lobby-- first one I've had where they offered oatmeal. Very good!

• Stayed: August 2012