We stayed at the hotel because of a business conference, not so much by choice, and I think we would have chosen elsewhere, if not for the business conference. The rate was quite high for the off-season, considering the level of service and the quality of the room. Maybe if I was a golfer I would have been more excited, but this resort is out on the edge of town, a 20-30 minute drive from the nightlife of Scottsdale.
The hotel is big, and I think that may be part of the problem. It's very dificult to provide top service to over a thousand guests. House cleaning was quite slow and the halls seemed to be filled with maids carts all the time. We had numerous problems getting internet connections (should be better at a nearly new hotel), and the staff weren't much help. Wireless and high-speed in the room were two separate charges, for each computer. In fairness, the hotel did remove most of our Internet charges.
There are several food options, quite acceptable and reasonably priced, given that this is an expensive resort. The pools are very nice, and they are generously staffed with attendants. The pool area seemed to be the most service-oriented part of the hotel. Many other folks were "going through the motions" or a little rough around the edges. This is not a Ritz-Carlton.
This a very nice property, and families will enjoy a trip to this resort more than a trip to Las Vegas. But the place didn't feel that special, and I think I would have preferred to stay at one of the more established resorts closer in to the center of Scottsdale (most of which are the same price or less expensive.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Without peer among resorts in Phoenix, Arizona, award-winning, AAA 4-Diamond JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa welcomes guests to its stunning 316 acres in the Sonoran Desert. Our captivating resort takes you to a place where luxury, personal service, invigorating recreation and excellent dining are in abundance. Guest rooms and suites feature private balconies or patios with dramatic desert vistas, mountain views, and tech-friendly amenities. This premier resort also impresses with the award-winning Revive Spa and championship Wildfire Golf Club, home to the LPGA Founders Cup. Relax and enjoy the company of friends and family indoors or outside on one of many patios with our inviting fire-pits overlooking the resort's waterways. Among the leading North Phoenix resorts, JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa is your one-stop vacation haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Phoenix
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott