2,943 results
All reviewsgriffin clublazy riverroy's restaurantstone grillgolf coursepool areabeautiful propertypoolside serviceice waterlarge hotelbusiness conferencedriving rangeself parkingspring breaklobby barfamily vacationtennis courts
Reviewed December 10, 2017

We stay here about once a year and always enjoy it, but this year we were fortunate enough to have Nick as our server in the hotel lounge Twenty6. He was absolutely fabulous to 3 weary travelers. We hope he is there when we return!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Kelly B
MarriottDesertRidge, Guest Experience Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Thank you for your review and your kind words about Nick. We are happy to share your comments with our team and look forward to your visit next year. Please reach out to us directly for any assistance with your future travel plans.

Reviewed December 8, 2017

Stayed here for a conference. This resort is about 23 miles north of Phoenix Sky Harbor airport and a cab out here runs $60+, but it is worth it!
The property is immaculate. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The Desert Botanical Garden which is part of the resort is interesting and colorful (although very small- a quick walk around!) and the pool areas (and Lazy River) are great and would be a lot of fun for families with young kids! There is a mall located a half-mile walk outside the resort and there are plenty of food options there. One negative is the music that plays loudly until 10-11 pm in the pool areas and restaurants. It can make sleep a tad difficult!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and your feedback on our music - we have passed on your comments to our team. We are pleased to hear, overall, you had a wonderful stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed December 7, 2017

The Marriott Desert Ridge is a true 5 star property. Located in north Scottsdale right off the 101 Freeway at Tatum. Rooms are
beautiful, overlooking 36 holes of golf, great pools, great selection of restaurants. Only a couple of blocks from the Desert Ridge shopping center... (Target, AMC Theaters, groceries, and wide variety of other retailers).

Manicured grounds, beatiful hiking area... since it's about 30 minutes north of SkyHarbor Airport and downtown Phoenix it's
slightly cooler in the summer. Great for kids, families, singles, couples...

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank vinceo7950

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at our resort and the surrounding area and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2017

The room was excellent and up to the JW Marriott standards. I was there for a trade-show and spent a lot of time in the meeting rooms and inside the facility. It was cool in the early morning and sitting outside the Starbucks by the gas fireplace was nice as I caught up on business e-mail. The staff was very nice and always willing to help. The grounds are wonderful and the pool with "lazy river" is upscale.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you had a great stay during your recent trade show event. Whether for business or pleasure, we hope to have you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this property for 1 week on business. The property looks very similar to other JW Marriotts...however, unfortunately, the staff isn’t as well mannered or trained as other properties. The hotel itself is pretty dated, and could use a major renovation. The staff is unhelpful for the most part, and pretty rude. I have Marriott gold status, and I’m supposed to be guaranteed a late checkout at 4:00PM. I was first refused by one person, and when I asked again, I was told (in a not very nice tone) a we are a resort property, and we don’t have to follow those rules. Some other staff issues were:
-my door being pounded on before 9AM, even though I have a do not Disturb tag on the door.
-One day my room not being made up until after 4pm (because I called downstairs and requested it).
-not being given water at check in.
-not receiving an upgrade although I called in advance and I was told I would.
-Not having the extra towels in my room that I requested on the app.
-Never receiving an invoice for my stay, even after contacting the front desk, and calling days later when I never received my invoice (which, I have STILL not received weeks later).
-The curtains in my room were broken.

There were many other disappointing items about this stay. It certainly doesn’t seem to meet up to Marriott standards, and the property doesn’t seem to care about that either. My advice to anybody looking into this property is to stay somewhere else. Stay somewhere that is newer, cleaner, and most importantly have a staff of people that are polite and helpful!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
MarriottDesertRidge, Guest Experience Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Thank you for your review. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. While it was a pleasure having you here as our guest, we were disappointed to read your feedback regarding the service our team provided. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our guest experiences. Please reach out to us with your contact information at jwdesertridgeguestservice@Marriott.com so that we may speak in further detail.