12 people are viewing this hotel
JW Marriott$499
Priceline$499
FindHotel$499
3,249 results
All reviews lazy river griffin club stone grill golf course pool area beautiful property poolside service driving range ice water business conference self park spring break tennis courts family vacation rooms are nice fitness center stonegrill
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

I was very impressed by the staff - amazing how much they cared about us and our kids. We had a wonderful time and our toddlers loved the pools and lawn areas. Accurate and prompt room service. Comfy beds. Only feedback would be more family-friendly music at the pool on weekends ... DJ was good but should consider the place is mostly kids and not Vegas. We had such a good time we returned the weekend after for a redeux!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
MarriottDesertRidge, Guest Experience Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2016

We truly appreciate you sharing your review with future travelers and are so pleased to hear that our staff made you feel so comfortable and welcome during your recent stays! We also appreciate your feedback on the music selection poolside and will share your comments with our staff. Until next time!

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Our recent stay at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa was marred by an unfortunate mishap concerning confusion between my reservation and another guest’s, so in an effort to leave that aside, I will focus on the resort itself. My teenage daughter and I said goodbye to summer over the Labor Day Weekend at this Marriott resort. We received a king bed with premium view room. The room was very clean and nicely appointed with mini fridge, safe, wireless and wired internet, flat screen TV, large tub, separate shower, single sink, robes hanging in the closet, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, coffee maker with all the coffee and tea making accoutrements, balcony with 2 chairs and small table, desk with lamp, 2 side chairs and black out curtains. Our room could’ve been with an adjoining room as we had a pass-through door. We were on the 4th floor. The view was of paths, water feature and desert landscape. I noticed many dogs on property who had plenty of room to potty on the lawns. I also noticed several people in wheel chairs meandering the property without any issues. Upon check-in we received an itinerary of activities, all of which were family friendly. We participated in making s’mores one night. The pools were packed with kids. There were also splash pads, fountains, a water slide and a glorious lazy river (this is the only reason I booked our stay at this resort). I’m not a golfer, but there are 2 courses. Available for all guests, there is a fitness room, game room, and laundry (this is where you’ll find a public use microwave). For those who book spa services, the spa also has a fitness room, sauna, steam room, hot tub, locker room and a co-ed pool with cabanas and bistro. You’ll find the resort salon here too. The spa holds fitness classes as well. Part of my package included a 50-minute massage. It was heavenly. Pressed for time, I did not use any other spa facility except the sauna for about 30 seconds. I love the smell of a sauna. My daughter and I ate on property once at “Just a Splash” to listen to the live musician performing. The service was terrible even though there were only 5 tables occupied. I was offered a free beer for waiting over 20 minutes for our check. I declined. That was my mistake. We walked the property after dinner. It is really a lovely, well-maintained resort. I couldn’t get over how many kids were enjoying the water features. If you are looking for a truly family friendly and not at all stuffy resort, this is the place. The bed was comfortable. I noticed the top sheet had several holes in it, probably from bleach. The room was quite stuffy. I’m assuming that someone had recently smoked in it. The room got dank at night. No amount of air conditioning could get rid of the dank. Across the street from the resort is a shopping plaza. I suggest you breakfast at Paris Rendez-Vous, a small French patisserie near the AMC theaters. The owner is the real deal. We bought 12 macarons for the road. She also has gelato. Also in the plaza is BJ’s, Yard House, Panda Express, Smashburger, Nori Sushi, Starbucks, and others. We had dinner at Islands. I’d go back. While I never used the gym, I did attempt to consult with the Concierge regarding tickets to a nearby attraction. There was no one in line in front of me, nor behind me, yet instead of helping, she pointed me to the Internet Café across the lobby. I mentioned to my daughter that a concierge is supposed to assist with reservations, tickets and advice as to local attractions. This concierge did none of that. I did use the Internet Café which worked well enough. The hardest working people at this resort were bartenders. God love them. As I alluded to in the beginning, check-in and check-out did not go well. Our room was not made up while we were out. A housekeeper came by around dinner time to ask if we needed anything. I only needed a coffee pod, which I had absconded from a housekeeping cart several hours earlier, so I sent her on her way. To summarize, the room was decent. The pools are great. The spa is great. The family-friendly atmosphere and activities are great. Customer service is seriously lacking.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kr4prez
MarriottDesertRidge, Guest Experience Specialist at JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Thank you for sharing so many wonderful details on our resort for our future travelers. We are happy to hear that overall, you enjoyed your stay. We also appreciate your feedback, which we will share with our team so that we may improve in certain areas moving forward. If you would like to speak in further detail regarding the specifics of your stay, please reach out to us at jwdesertridgeguestservice@marriott.com. We do hope to have you join us again when your travels bring you back to Phoenix.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

We have just stayed 25 nights for our major vacation. This is our 6th visit in 7 years.
The hotel and the customer service just keeps getting better. We arranged the stay through the front desk team who are fantastic and lead by Austin Little who worked with us in pre planning the stay and during.

I play lots of golf and so met the golf team most mornings to practice and Sean, Erik, Luke, Jim and Phil made the stay so enjoyable.

We used the Griffin Club - a unique opportunity at desert ridge and the team were outstanding and so friendly we would highly recommend. In terms of value it's exceptionally good - as you can use the facility all day and the team made this a real home from home.

This year our friends came to stay for a week and had a great time and I would encourage people to give the resort a try.

We will be back in 2017...

Kind regards, Tony

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the golf course and mountains are quieter.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for choosing our resort as your home away from home. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and we can not even begin to describe how wonderful it is to read about how fabulous your vacation was and that our staff took such great care of you. We will share your warm remarks with our team and look forward to your next stay. Please reach out to us directly for any assistance with your future travel plans. Until next time!

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, great happy hour, wonderful staff real gem in the desert. If I am ever in the area again we will for sure stay here. Rooms were luxurious and so clean. Try the prickly pear margarita it was amazing.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We hear the prickly pear margarita's calling your name! If you plans bring you back to Phoenix, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 6, 2016

except that I had to leave. Twenty6 cocktail lounge....Oh my goodness, where to begin, we ended each night of our vacation with a cocktail here. Met wonderful people each night. The drinks were great and the bartenders very attentive. I never wanted to leave. The short rib sliders, which I had twice, were fantastic. Excellent atmosphere. Really hoping to have another stay here soon.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Come back and visit us soon! We love hearing how fabulous your stay was and how much you enjoyed your time at twenty6 - they certainly do know how to create an amazing cocktail to match the perfect atmosphere along with delicious shareable snacks.