From the moment we arrived we have been treated with respect and a smile. I read the reviews about snobbery and the staff being pompous but I think some people just have an ax to grind. And the other bad reviews I read were all about life not a hotel. So you have allergies or you let you kids ransack the place and got booted! What the heck is Marriott supposed to do about that? Comp your entire stay? Yeah, that's what you wanted, right? Anyway....
The facilities are gorgeous, not just "okay" and that is undeniable. The lazy river pool has me more excited to hang out with my girlfriend while our husbands attend the conference than I would be going to DisneyWorld! Excellent service and the food and drinks are flat out yummy! The staff goes out of their way to make you feel special, (professional server who should be tending bar) James Howard Jr and (Manager/Mr. Personality) Josh Scott! These two guys did an excellent job in taking care of a situation I had. The acting GM, Tom (last name ?) assured me that immediate steps were being taken to mitigate any future incidents and really that's all they can do. Again, life! After speaking with him, an extremely articulate and professional individual, I believe that's exactly what'll happen. Training on how to handle equipment and those with disabilities. Yay!!! The shops, decor and holy cow the restaurants are awesome and well staffed, even on a Tuesday! The fusion with nature is breathtaking. Fountains, waterfalls, flowers, music, lighting, art, nature, wow!!! Honestly, we travel about 30 weeks out of the year and this is by far one of the most pleasant stays I've had at any hotel.
Sure things happen but honestly, can you expect any hotel to predict every single scenario? No! Life happens and we are responsible for our own. Emphasize something that should be a training point and then just enjoy your vacation for crimeny sake!
Make the call, reserve your room at this resort and expect the best because that is what you'll get.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Without peer among resorts in Phoenix, Arizona, award-winning, AAA 4-Diamond JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa welcomes guests to its stunning 316 acres in the Sonoran Desert. Our captivating resort takes you to a place where luxury, personal service, invigorating recreation and excellent dining are in abundance. Guest rooms and suites feature private balconies or patios with dramatic desert vistas, mountain views, and tech-friendly amenities. This premier resort also impresses with the award-winning Revive Spa and championship Wildfire Golf Club, home to the LPGA Founders Cup. Relax and enjoy the company of friends and family indoors or outside on one of many patios with our inviting fire-pits overlooking the resort's waterways. Among the leading North Phoenix resorts, JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa is your one-stop vacation haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Phoenix
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott