We stayed at the resort July 4th and 5th. This is the second year we have stayed at Desert Ridge for the 4th of July holiday. The grounds are well maintained and all of the staff is friendly and attentive. They are professional and knowledgeable. The room was very clean and comfortable.
We enjoy the pools and the lazy river tubing but agree with other reviewers that controls need to be put in place. Maybe start with an age minimum--Infants are brought into the lazy river in baby floats and parents become annoyed when the baby is splashed with water or bumped. You really don't have any control in those tubes. No one should be in the lazy river without an approved inner tube--young children are swimming under the tubes without any supervision. There are two other pools for swimming and babies. There were not enough tubes for visitors and guests were holding the tubes outside of the lazy river for all day use. Staff had to maneuver around the tubes to deliver food and drinks and never said a word. I don't know if we'll be back next year.
The wait staff at Splash is amazing! Back and forth in the hot sun all day delivering drinks and food. They were great. Breakfast at the Blue Sage was also fabulous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Without peer among Phoenix resorts, the award-winning, AAA 4-Diamond JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa welcomes guests to its stunning 316 acres in the Sonoran Desert. Our captivating resort takes you to a place where luxury, personal service, invigorating recreation and excellent dining are in abundance. Guest rooms and suites feature private balconies or patios with dramatic desert vistas, mountain views, and tech-friendly amenities. This premier resort also impresses with the award-winning Revive Spa and championship Wildfire Golf Club, home to the LPGA Founders Cup. Families, couples and friends will find a variety of activities designed for all ages including our Wildfire Pool Complex complete with Lazy River and water-slide. Or just relax and enjoy each others company indoors or outside on one of many patios with our inviting fire-pits overlooking the resort's waterways. Among the leading North Phoenix, Arizona resorts, JW Marriott Desert Ridge is your one-stop vacation haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Phoenix
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott