I’m not one of the people that give places a perfect 100%--there’s always something to work on. But the word that my fiancé used to describe this place is “perfect”, and I couldn’t agree more.
We checked in Friday afternoon, and we were immediately approached by the bellman, Mark, who offered to help us with our luggage. He accompanied us to the front desk and waited while we checked in. Now, I had planned this trip to not only get away with my fiancé for a few days but also to propose to her. I was extremely nervous, and I really had no idea how I was going to handle it. Upon check-in, the front desk supervisor, Mike Dolan, greeted me and immediately calmed my nerves by telling me that they were aware of what I was doing there, and that I shouldn’t worry about anything. He was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions and making sure I was well taken care of. There were even a few times during my trip that I came down, freaking out about proposing, and he was always there to provide a friendly smile and a few helpful words.
After check-in, my fiancé and I were escorted to our room by Mark. When we arrived, he asked if we had ever been to the resort before, and of course we said no. Mark then accompanied us into our room and took the extra time to show us around—showing us where we could find things in the room and on the floor we were staying on. He was so polite and helpful, all the while calling us “sir” and “ma’am”, even though we were clearly younger than him.
It was a lovely check-in experience. The lobby was beautiful, and the staff was so helpful. The room, we discovered later, was a junior executive suite. It was bigger than my apartment! The bathroom had a wonderful massage shower, which was separate from the bathtub at the base of the back wall. There were his and her sinks with lotions and the most amazing-smelling shampoos and conditioners. The bedroom itself was huge, with a couch, huge king bed with the most comfortable pillows I have ever felt, and our own bar area. The front desk assistant manager, Nikki Mitchell, took the liberty of upgrading us because she saw why we were there and wanted to treat us to a beautiful and memorable experience. That mission was definitely accomplished.
Saturday, after breakfast in bed, we visited the lazy river, which was a giant circle around the pool area, and it was amazing. We floated on inner tubes for two hours, just enjoying the cool pool and the families that were there having fun. There is a taco bar right next to the river with several other pools surrounding and ample tanning/seating on either side. We also visited the gym in the spa, and it was phenomenal. The locker room attendants were very nice and told us exactly where to go and where to get water/towels/headphones/etc. I booked a one hour massage for my fiancé before dinner that evening, and she was blown away by it. It left her so relaxed and feeling nearly euphoric. She said she didn’t have a care in the world after that.
We met our 7pm reservations at the Ristorante Tuscany, which is at the bottom of a beautiful spiral staircase at the end of the lobby. The hostess seated us right away, and I recognized her to be the restaurant manager, Jody Daniel. I had been introduced to Jody during one of my “nervous episodes”, and she assured me that everything that night was going to be perfect. She sat us in a semi-private area with a beautiful backdrop—ironically the backdrop was an island where people often hold their marriage ceremonies. We ordered and ate the most wonderful meal. After our meal, I got down on one knee and proposed, and my fiancé accepted. After the event, Jody and her staff brought out champagne and a beautiful plate of truffles and chocolate covered strawberries. It was very romantic.
The only downside was that we had to check-out the next day and get back to reality. We had a beautiful experience that will always hold a special place in our hearts, and it was mainly because of the kindness, customer service, and overall commitment to guest satisfaction that was displayed by Michael, Mark, Jody, and Nikki. They went out of their way to take ownership of our stay and make sure that it was not just memorable—it was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Without peer among Phoenix resorts, the award-winning, AAA 4-Diamond JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa welcomes guests to its stunning 316 acres in the Sonoran Desert. Our captivating resort takes you to a place where luxury, personal service, invigorating recreation and excellent dining are in abundance. Guest rooms and suites feature private balconies or patios with dramatic desert vistas, mountain views, and tech-friendly amenities. This premier resort also impresses with the award-winning Revive Spa and championship Wildfire Golf Club, home to the LPGA Founders Cup. Families, couples and friends will find a variety of activities designed for all ages including our Wildfire Pool Complex complete with Lazy River and water-slide. Or just relax and enjoy each others company indoors or outside on one of many patios with our inviting fire-pits overlooking the resort's waterways. Among the leading North Phoenix, Arizona resorts, JW Marriott Desert Ridge is your one-stop vacation haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Phoenix
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott