I accompanied hubby to a conference here for 3 days and enjoyed everything about this resort. Our deluxe guest room on the 4th floor was bright and airy with a huge and luxurious bathroom. Among the usual amenities, his and her robes, refrigerator, and a safe were also provided. The king bed and bedding were comfy and we enjoyed the balcony view of the surrounding mountains and palm trees.
Since my husband was in meetings most days, I would take my ipad and read on one of the benches scattered throughout the botanic garden, where the desert plants were labeled and flowers were in full bloom. The little bunnies you will see out on the lawns and in the garden were especially fun to watch as they nibbled on the grass and played tag with each other. Being a bird lover, I also enjoyed watching and listening to the many birds on the grounds, identifying thrashers, doves and zippy hummingbirds. Besides a family play area and the swimming pool, there is even an adventure river to explore. And, of course, an awesome and award-winning golf course is a key attraction.
The steak house serves excellent food at dinner, but the Blue Sage Cafe was unimpressive and pricey the couple of days I ate lunch there. I preferred the snacks and coffee from the Starbucks located on the ground floor. Otherwise, the buffet style meals served at the conference and outside on the lawns were delicious.
The hotel shops are very nice, with a good selection of touristy stuff and some very nice pieces of Native American jewelry. The staff throughout the hotel are friendly and helpful. Within walking distance (the hotel also provides a shuttle) is a shopping center with a huge variety of shops and restaurants that has something for everyone. So, if you get bored at the hotel (I never did), you can always hop over there for some additional things to do.
Finally, the resort has a Hertz office right there on the grounds, so if you need to drop off or pick up a rental car, this is very convenient. No need to worry with the lines and traffic of a city or airport car rental office when you can take care of any driving need needs here at the hotel.
If you want an all-inclusive and fun place to stay, choose this wonderful resort. You'll enjoy every moment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Without peer among Phoenix resorts, the award-winning, AAA 4-Diamond JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa welcomes guests to its stunning 316 acres in the Sonoran Desert. Our captivating resort takes you to a place where luxury, personal service, invigorating recreation and excellent dining are in abundance. Guest rooms and suites feature private balconies or patios with dramatic desert vistas, mountain views, and tech-friendly amenities. This premier resort also impresses with the award-winning Revive Spa and championship Wildfire Golf Club, home to the LPGA Founders Cup. Families, couples and friends will find a variety of activities designed for all ages including our Wildfire Pool Complex complete with Lazy River and water-slide. Or just relax and enjoy each others company indoors or outside on one of many patios with our inviting fire-pits overlooking the resort's waterways. Among the leading North Phoenix, Arizona resorts, JW Marriott Desert Ridge is your one-stop vacation haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Phoenix
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott