“Amazing staff”

JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 17, 2013

After saying at he Westin Kieland Villa for 3 nights, we went to the JW Marriott and were amazed by the level of professionalism shown by the front desk and concierge, They really made us feel welcome and really help us through our 5 night stay.
It is a gorgeous place but quiet busy. There was a big line up in the morning for breakfast as there is just one place that offers it. We had one dinner at the italian restaurant but did not really like it, the food was Ok but the place was so busy, it made you feel that you have to eat really fast to get out of there.
We got a huge and nice suite on the quiet side (close tho the herb garden).
Housekeeping is just OK as I felt they were doing a minimum.
But the concierge Anne-Marie made our stay worthwhile, she really step out of her way to make everything perfect. Thank you Anne-Marie !

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for one that is not backing over the live music they have very evening ( but th...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lifelight

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here in march with husband and two teenagers. We had an executive suite with a connecting room on an upper floor. The rooms were spacious, clean and nicely appointed with fairly large balconies and nice views. Grounds are beautiful, especially nice pool area with several pools and a "lazy river" with inner tubes to float around. Very fun for our grand kids who visited. Roy's restaurant was great; food was excellent and all other meals above average. Spa was adequate, went to a wonderful yoga class. Service at this property ranged from barely adequate to excellent but was generally very good. One negative for us was that they played strange music starting very early in the morning throughout the grounds. Thought the prices were a little high for a Marriott but overall this was a very positive experience.

Room Tip: Recommend the executive suites on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Let me start by saying that if you stay here, you should definitely pay the $75 per person, per night additional for the club level. Does that sound like a lot? Well, when you think about breakfast, lunch, dinner (some nights), dessert, and drinks - plus a great staff that bends over backwards to make your stay fantastic. My wife and I very much agreed that the club level made our stay.

Outside of this, the resort is very well set up. We were attending a conference (which appears to be the resort's bread and butter). We had a great time in the tennis center, where they had clinics every day that were run by an approachable and knowledgeable pro ($35 per person is a little steep, but still well worth it). The pools looked fantastic, I just wish it hadn't been so darn cold or we would have used it. The public areas were all very nice and in a grand scale.

Based on the hotel alone, I would give this place 3 stars, but the fourth star is because of the club level and its outstanding quality and service.

Room Tip: club level
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during March 2013 on a business trip/conference. This hotel was made for conferences, but I am sure vacation travelers would enjoy it as well. Top notch service, great staff, clean rooms, great food at the hotel restaurants. I would love to return for a girls get-a-way.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here in February '13 for 3 nights while attending a conference. Overall, I was impressed with the hotel. I didn't go to the spa or use the pool, but I spoke with a few people that had great comments about both. The hotel was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the staff was friendly and responsive. I was at the end of a hallway (by request), so it was quiet.

The resort is also convenient to many local shopping and eating establishments. If you don't want to spend $15 on a burger in the resort restaurants - there's an "In-N-Our Burger" within a mile.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just returned from Phoenix with my husband on a conference, we stayed for 4 days. When you first approach the resort it is beautiful, the lobby the staff are all nice. The only thing I was not impressed with was the guest rooms, they were just average not spectacular at all. I visited the pool the day before I left because it was the warmest day that we were there. The pool area was nice just annoying birds, wasp, ducks trying to get some food. I also was a little confused on the birds flying around the lobby and one of the restaurants called Blue Sage. I ate breakfast there and for the price it was not worth it. I ask for blueberry pancakes and when it came out they were plain, the staff apologize and brought me a bowl but that's not the same thing. This resort to me is not a family resort should cater to conferences and weddings, was not that much for kids to do. My kids are all adults but if they were little I would go to a all inclusive resort where the price includes your meals. Imagine feeding a family of 4 everyday in a place where breakfast buffet is about $25 for adults. Resort is close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved the Turquoise spa treatment at this hotel We went for a girls weekend away and loved the hotel. Spa pool was so relaxing! Employees could not have been more helpful. We loved sitting outside at night with the heaters. Weather was unseasonably cool so the heaters were great. Dinner at Roys was truly memorable!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!