“Love This Property”

JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have stayed at this Property for the past 3 years for a week. The rooms are wonderful and updated including baths. The property restaurants make leaving for dining very hard. I love love the gym and spa pool area, including the spa cafe. Starbucks is located in the lobby. You will love this hotel and so much to do here.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms that face the restaurant side but may be louder with the band that plays on the t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort in Phoenix is an amazing place to stay. I was here for 3 days for business and I loved it. The only disappointment was that the water slide was closed due to it being early March, therefore "off season". We are from Philadelphia and it's very cold there in march, so, 70-80 degree weather was summer to us, but cold to Phoenix! We still had a wonderful time and my room was gorgeous. The outdoor seating for the restaurant was fantastic and we ate outside 2 nights in a row. I'd highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here for a conference. Everything was great. Staff, rooms, food, etc. Comfortable bed. CLEAN room!! In room fridge was nice to have. Stayed for 5 nights, never left the hotel. Ate on property entire time. Can get a little pricey, however the price of a cab would have been the same. Forgot my swimsuit, found a great one in the spa boutique. Loved the pool. Only thing we would have liked would have been later poolside service, it ended at 5:30 and we would have enjoyed it much later. Great conference hotel. Loved all the restaurants. Worth the money. Tip: share entrees at the Italian place, servings are huge.

Room Tip: hotel is very big.. Get a room closer to elevator to reduce walking.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family has been going to Desert Ridge for years now. It is our favorite place, and we look forward to coming back again and again. The hotel is beautiful, the Canyon Villas are amazing, the spa is possibly my favorite place on earth, and the food and drinks are outstanding. Recommendations: Start the day out on the lazy river, and be sure to snag a Kokopeli Kolada or two. Don't forget to explore all the grounds, there are gardens, golf courses; I find something new every time I go. For dinner, go no farther than Roy's. If I could eat there every night of my life, I would. Get the butterfish. After dinner, sit in or outside the lobby, listen to live music and enjoy the peaceful bliss that is Desert Ridge. The best time to go is during the off season when it is less crowded and quiet. During peak seasons it can get packed with families and children. However, if you are a family looking for a vacation spot then the peak season may be for you. Any time is a great time though, I can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here, every room has a view of something beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is the first time I've stayed at a JW. Have stayed at many Marriotts, and Ritz Carlton hotels. I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel, and the service. This resort was the quality of a good Ritz Carlton. As far as amenities, the resort has two 18 hole golf courses, several restaurants, and of course pool and spa. The room was beautiful, large, and clean, as were the resort grounds. Overall, and excellent place for a few days of golf and sun.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dan62
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Maybe we were overly impressed with the lobby Christmas Decorations, but this hotel ranks at the top of our list along with other JW hotels. From the moment one pulls into the driveway, you know you are in for a first class experience and nothing disappoints. The only place we have been that equals the experience we had is The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. The JW staff is outstanding in terms of friendliness and service. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The lobby and grounds are well done and maintained. The workout facilities are excellent. The golf courses are well worth the price. The Blue Sage and Tuscany restaurants were outstanding. We were on a package deal as a part of a group for a golfing trip. In all respects, this was a first class experience.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor in a handicap room. We never heard a sound and it was convenient to the...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Walt and Gwynne W
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My company holds their annual conference here. I liked it so much the first year that the next my husband and daughter flew out to make a vacation out of it. It is such an ideal venue for our conferences that we are renting out the entire hotel for this year's conference. The classy and scenic grounds, pool areas, and lazy river are perfect for R&R after the long days of seminars, training, and networking. I was particularly fond of taking my breakfast outdoors, though we did leave the grounds for some variety at dinner-time. If you are in the mood (and can afford) to splurge and pamper yourself and get a taste of the southwest, I'd recommend it! Cheers, Lauren

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!