I was so excited to try out this property after reading some of the reviews and staying at other Marriott resorts but was disappointed with this one. Rooms okay (my lamp did not work either) but be sure and specifiy location, We literally had a balcony (with chairs) that overlooked the top of a building. I cannot begin to explain how horrible the view was. When I mentioned the view to the front desk I got a very fake smile and no response.
Property is beautiful but provides none of the amenities of a top rate resort. Absolutely no internet access and not even a business center computer you can use without a charge (for gods sake Drury and Homewood Suites have business centers with internet access). I had to get a wrist band to use the pool so had to walk all the way back to the front desk (and believe me it is a walk). You had to ask for a towel, give your room number, wait while it was checked off and the attendant acted like he was doing me a favor by handing me a dirty looking towel. Again, two star hotels give pool access and towels with alot less trouble.
Some of the employees looked genuinely happy to help (wait staff and housekeeping consistently good) but the front desk and pool folks were a different story.
I would never pay full price for this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Without peer among Phoenix resorts, the award-winning, AAA 4-Diamond JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa welcomes guests to its stunning 316 acres in the Sonoran Desert. Our captivating resort takes you to a place where luxury, personal service, invigorating recreation and excellent dining are in abundance. Guest rooms and suites feature private balconies or patios with dramatic desert vistas, mountain views, and tech-friendly amenities. This premier resort also impresses with the award-winning Revive Spa and championship Wildfire Golf Club, home to the LPGA Founders Cup. Families, couples and friends will find a variety of activities designed for all ages including our Wildfire Pool Complex complete with Lazy River and water-slide. Or just relax and enjoy each others company indoors or outside on one of many patios with our inviting fire-pits overlooking the resort's waterways. Among the leading North Phoenix, Arizona resorts, JW Marriott Desert Ridge is your one-stop vacation haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Desert Ridge Resort And Spa Phoenix
- Jw Marriott Phoenix
- Marriott Phoenix
- Phoenix Marriott