“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great hotel for relaxing after an intense working day at the company convention! Great structure and service. Music at night by the pool! Awesome golf course. You will need at least 5 days to enjoy all of it.

Room Tip: Facing the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We came down with a group for a sports competition, and found the resort top notch. The only suggestions I have are that if you dont want to walk a long distance from your car to the resort, this may not be the place for you unless you use the valet service and I personally would not let them drive my car after observing their driving. Also, the pool entrance is restricted to just one gate and the gates nearest the rooms are restricted to entry by staff only which seems like an unnecessary inconvenience. Otherwise the staff were all helpful and it was a good time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel has it all in terms of being a BIG resort hotel. Pools are great, spa has wonderful facilities, kids club, great restaurants, close to other shops and eating places. Very well located and perfect for our needs as a family of four. This was the culmination of a long trip staying in a different hotel a night. We were tired, wanted to unwind and stay put for three nights. Our room was a suite and it was a great size. Huge bathroom, sofa bed, king bed for the adults. Just what we needed. I was rather surprised by no free water and the lack of a minibar. However, that wasn't a problem for us.

The first night, and our one chance of a long morning lie-in, I was woken up at 3.30 am by persistent and loud hammering. I thought it was coming from the room next door and wondered what on earth could be going on. I got into a dressing gown and went down to reception. On my way there, I saw the problem - some men were hammering up the floor tiles by the lobby - right under our window. I went and spoke to the receptionist who said she would inform security. I said that I thought the source of the noise was the construction which was clearly visible. She again said she would inform security to get it sorted out!!! I heard some people talking outside my room five minutes later (the hammering was still going on). I went out to find the security man talking with another guest who had also been woken up by the hammering and was now fully dressed as he couldn't get back to sleep. The security man offered me two free Starbucks vouchers. I was hard pressed not to throw these on the floor. I wanted sleep not coffee. I was told that the hammering would stop. The hammering did not stop. It went on only slightly quieter. Finally, at about 5.00 I got to sleep. My husband and I were both woken at 6.00 am by guess what? More hammering! This time loud. SIX O'CLOCK. I gave up on sleep and later went down to make a formal complaint about why this had happened. To be fair, the lady at reception was extremely apologetic. She explained that the company doing the work was a contracted company and therefore they didn't have the usual control over the people. I was refunded the room costs for that night which was, frankly, the least they could do.

Other than this most ridiculous night of unrest from a company which, frankly, should know better, our stay was great. The food everywhere was excellent, particularly at Roys. The choices for children were also excellent. Healthy food such as salmon and rice with veggies rather than the usual fries and burger or chicken or pizza. A really pleasant change. Great food for the adults too!

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you are travelling with children. We didn't get a room with a view and maybe s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We loved this hotel for it's wonderful relaxing surroundings, quality rooms and great staff.

The property has a wonderful contrast of cactus in such a great display while still allowing their beautiful pools to relax you, especially at night with all their lighted paths. The lazy river was wonderful; so relaxing.

There are several places to eat on property as well as offering happy hour centered around fire pits and their water features. Our favorite was the one that was over by the golf club. They had a large happy hour food selection and the food was excellent.

Very close to the property is a mall that has a movie theater and many restaurants. The limo service to and from the hotel to the mall is only $5 each way per car. We got in late and ate at one of the restaurants that was open till midnight, so the limo service worked out great.

If staying in that part of Phoenix, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor to view the pools as some room views are blocked by palm trees.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is well-maintained. Nice room, great bathroom. The only reason I give this hotel low rating is because of the cheapness of hotel management.

1) No complimentary drinking water - for a 5-star hotel, there should be at least complimentary drinking water in room. Well, there are drinking water, just that it's $3.5 a bottle!
2) there's a big market place basically right across the hotel. I expected there to be a free shuttle ride or a golf cart ride. But no, they charge $5 a trip. Why won't they service their guests a little, I don't know.
3) No free breakfast. It's either in room or paid breakfast.

So, while everything is nice, the hotel makes me feel like 'what the hell'. They are being cheap, when they shouldn't be.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fon_tisayakorn
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been to multiple meetings and dinners at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge in Phoenix and I must say it is an outstanding resort! The property is gorgeous and immaculate! Beautiful meeting rooms, outdoor property and restaurants second to none! I would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a terrific meeting location, great dinner or family stacation with it's beautiful pool and lazy river! First class all the way!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived at the hotel and were given a room with a view but it had 2 double beds in it, not what my wife and I expected but we were tired from the day's travel so we stayed in it anyway. The next morning we inquired about the possibility of being moved to a room with a King bed and Tiffany at the front desk immediately acknowledged my Platinum status and told us to hold on and she would see what she could do. As it turns out, they were able to move us to a suite overlooking the Botanical Gardens and we could not have been happier. Awesome view, great hotel, top notch service and the pool area is one of the best I've seen anywhere. Lazy river and about 3 other pools to lounge at. We were planning on checking out on Saturday and driving around to see the sights but we were so impressed with the atmosphere that we opted for a 4pm late checkout and just hung out at the pool as well as got a spa treatment as well. The spa was also top notch and if you have the time we highly recommend it! Overall, would definitely recommend this property!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank khaden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Desert Ridge
Marriott's Canyon Villas
Marriott's Canyon Villas
#12 of 174 in Phoenix
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa

Been to JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!