“Uptown in Downton”

Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great property! Nice staff. Clean room! I've never seen a basketball court at a hotel before so this was a first. However at 3am it wasn't such a great thing. Also, never had turkey sausage for breakfast buffet which was a welcome change! Walking distance to where I needed to be that weekend (CONVENTION CENTER).

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful comments in regards to the property and staff. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. The basketball court is a definite plus, i have to agree it is not often a hotel has one but i do apologize it was used past hours during your stay. We have a policy all amenities with the exception of the business center are closed at 10pm. Again i apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you.

On another note, our breakfast bar has had a few additions this year with the turkey sausage being one of them. I have yet to try one myself but I have had guest comment on the great new breakfast options. Over all I am happy to hear you were happy with the facility and I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Regards
Marisol

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Our family was in Phoenix for a night visiting our relatives and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Even though we only stayed one night our stay was very good and enjoyable. When we arrived the front desk was very helpful and informative about our stay. The room we were in was nicely cleaned when we got there and the breakfast they had was AMAZING! They had a wide variety and we really enjoyed it. The hotel wasn't absolutely perfect but overall our stay was very nice and we would enjoy staying again

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you so much for your delightful review. I am very proud of our staff for their continuous dedication to serve our guest and provide nothing but the best service. I am sure they will also be happy to hear all their hard work has paid off with another one of our guest.

I am so glad you had a wonderful stay and I invite you to continue staying with us again when you are back in Phoenix!

Kind Regards

Marisol

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Unfortunately, this trip was because of a family emergency. My father was airlifted to Phoenix Baptist Neural ICU. Based on location and short notice I chose this hotel and ended up with more than expected. This wasn't just a clean room with a free breakfast in the morning, this was a lot more. When I arrived around 10 pm for check in, my day had already been long and draining. Instantly the front desk clerk picked up on this and did a great job getting me checked in and answered all of my questions. Every evening when I returned he was genuinely concerned in asking if I had eaten or if I needed anything. All the employees I encountered were amazing. I will be back because of that service! The room was super clean and quiet and housekeeping was attentive. The breakfast had a great variety and their pancake machine rocked! As far as the property... it was downtown and I took a short walk every morning around the hotel. I did see an AMC about a block away, so that is good to know for next time. Thank you Eric and also all your amazing coworkers.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mrstheman

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We are so proud of our staff for their continous dedication to serve our wonderful guests like you! We're glad that you experienced the best of the best and it can only get better! We look forward to seeing you in the future, the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your time and thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review As I am staying here today. This is my second visit in the past couple months. I wrote one review complaining about the air conditioning environmental controls and how hot it was in the room. Again I am in this room for business and the temperature in my room is still 78 degrees after i have been trying to cool it down past 4 hours. I am done complaining about the temperature in this room. I accept the fact that I should just not bother staying here ever again . I am NOT able to access the internet from this room. I have to go down to the lobby you access the wireless internet . I guess this is what I get for complaining on Tripadvisor on my last review. I will pay more to stay at a better place next month.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank fedjoe
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, however in your situation it looks like we have failed. I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve future stays.
Please accept my invitation to contact me to further discuss these issues at (602) 452-2020 or via email at Assistant.manager@hiephx.net.
Again I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were in town a short time to visit ASU. The walk to the downtown campus was very short & easy to get to too. We also walked to Chase Field for a Diamondback game - also a quick & easy walk. The hotel & room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was more than enough to get our day started, was hot & items were replenished quickly. ALL of the staff were very friendly & accommodating. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Kristi T

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so proud of our staff for their continous dedication to serve our wonderful guests like you! We're glad that you experienced the best of the best and it can only get better! We look forward to seeing you in the future, the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your time and thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had to travel to Phoenix, Arizona with some business and I made a reservation one week before my arrival. When trying to check-in, apparently, no reservation has been registered on my name. It took me about 30 minutes to solve this mix-up and prove that I did make the reservation.
Pro's: the rooms are clean and quite comfortable. The location of this hotel is very good, providing each visitor with easy access to any point of interest in this city.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

First and foremost I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel,
I am deeply sorry for the mix up and the long wait at check-in. We always try to provide a great stay for our guest the moment they walk through the door, I am disappointed we were not able to do so for your stay. Aside from the check-in experience it’s good to hear everything else with the hotel was to your liking. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed for three nights in February, on our first trip to Arizona. Chose this hotel mainly because its a ten minute drive from the airport, has free parking, a pool and free WiFi.
It was clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient. Its a few blocks to walk into downtown, and easy to get onto the highway.
Its in an area which seems safe and quiet, mostly University buildings and offices, not much street life of any sort.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
We are great location withing minutes to airport, highways and entertainment. You are right there are alot of buildings in downtown and not much of a street life, it is mostly business except when there are events being held at the ballpark or US Airways Arena.

Regarding your stay we are pleased that it was comfortable, clean and convenient.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you stay with us again on your next trip out to Phoenix!