“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #49 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Diego
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were in town a short time to visit ASU. The walk to the downtown campus was very short & easy to get to too. We also walked to Chase Field for a Diamondback game - also a quick & easy walk. The hotel & room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was more than enough to get our day started, was hot & items were replenished quickly. ALL of the staff were very friendly & accommodating. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kristi T
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so proud of our staff for their continous dedication to serve our wonderful guests like you! We're glad that you experienced the best of the best and it can only get better! We look forward to seeing you in the future, the next time you're in town. Thanks again for your time and thank you for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I had to travel to Phoenix, Arizona with some business and I made a reservation one week before my arrival. When trying to check-in, apparently, no reservation has been registered on my name. It took me about 30 minutes to solve this mix-up and prove that I did make the reservation.
Pro's: the rooms are clean and quite comfortable. The location of this hotel is very good, providing each visitor with easy access to any point of interest in this city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
First and foremost I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel,
I am deeply sorry for the mix up and the long wait at check-in. We always try to provide a great stay for our guest the moment they walk through the door, I am disappointed we were not able to do so for your stay. Aside from the check-in experience it’s good to hear everything else with the hotel was to your liking. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed for three nights in February, on our first trip to Arizona. Chose this hotel mainly because its a ten minute drive from the airport, has free parking, a pool and free WiFi.
It was clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient. Its a few blocks to walk into downtown, and easy to get onto the highway.
Its in an area which seems safe and quiet, mostly University buildings and offices, not much street life of any sort.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
We are great location withing minutes to airport, highways and entertainment. You are right there are alot of buildings in downtown and not much of a street life, it is mostly business except when there are events being held at the ballpark or US Airways Arena.

Regarding your stay we are pleased that it was comfortable, clean and convenient.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you stay with us again on your next trip out to Phoenix!
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Agood location if visiting downtown Pheonix, close to the baseball stadium but far enough away for comfort, rooms a very clean and its in a quiet area with free car parking which is a big plus. It is within walking distance of the city center overall a good base.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Mr. John H.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad to hear the rooms were nice and clean and it sounds like you enjoyed yourself.

We are in a quiet area, located within walking distance to many of the Downtown entertainment, if you are back in the area in the future, we hope to have you stay with us again!
Globe
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I can see why this hotel has the 2013 Certificate of excellence. Have stayed at numerous Holiday Inn Express' because you know what you are going to get. This one goes the extra mile. The rooms and common areas are not just clean, but sparkling clean, the staff is friendly and accommodating. They easily altered our reservation and got us in adjoining rooms upon check in. The location is excellent and within walking distance to the Arizona Center/nearby restaurants and movie theater. Special thanks to their breakfast hostess, Yadira who gets coffee refills for you, removes your plates and a friendly smile. Her extra mile service help set this Holiday Inn apart. Slight traffic/construction noise, but not bad. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear RebeccaGlobe,
Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Our staff strives to provide exceptional customer service and I am sure they will be very happy to hear their efforts have paid off. Also, thank you for mentioning Yadira, she is such a wonderful employee we are so lucky to have her as well as the rest of the staff, we have a great team here.

Regarding the construction, we understand it could be disturbing at times, we always try to place guest on the other side of the hotel, but there are a couple of nights where we are not able to do so. I apologize if this caused you any trouble, unfortunately there are some things that are out of our control. But again I just want to thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience during your stay, and we are looking forward to have you stay with us on your next trip out to the sunny valley!
tucson
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel is very clean, nice outside area, great breakfastrooms were comfortable and the staff amazing I needed more pillows and wow there were pillows everywhere no time at all !!! I will stay here again for sure

• Stayed November 2013
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently had to cancel my business trip to Phoenix due to illness. When I called the front desk to cancel I was greeted by Herminia (sp?) who promptly told me that this was an advanced purchase and that they are "unable to refund" the charges. When I explained that could send a doctor's note she responded "you made this reservation early and had plenty of time to review the policy." That's just lovely, blame the customer. Clearly the front desk staff has had zero training in customer service. I am a frequent traveler and over the years have had to cancel due to illness and have never had a problem receiving a credit. Even United Airlines gave me a credit on an advanced purchase when I supplied a doctor's note. This hotel has no interest in customer retention and I will certainly steer clear on my next trip to Phoenix and will advise my colleagues do the same.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank InfiniteOcean
Dan C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Infinite Ocean,

I wanted to address your review regarding your recent conversation with my hotel and the non-refundable reservation. When you booked your reservation, there were several rate options available including refundable and non-refundable reservations. Our hotel, and other IHG properties, are trying to put the guest in control of their rate/deposit options. A guest will usually receive a discount if they commit to certain terms (non-refundable deposits). However, a guest is always welcome to book a refundable reservation and pay a slightly higher price. These options put the guest in control of their rate and gives them a choice.

I apologize that we are unable to refund your deposit; however, if you need me to change the dates on your reservation, I would be more than happy to. As far as my front desk agent, I promise to work with her on explaining why the reservation was non-refundable to help our guests understand the terms they agreed to.

Thank you again for your comments. I truly appreciate them and I will use your review to help better train my staff to ensure a positive guest experience.

Regards,