“Best Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed at!”

Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown
Ranked #53 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Globe
“Best Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed at!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I can see why this hotel has the 2013 Certificate of excellence. Have stayed at numerous Holiday Inn Express' because you know what you are going to get. This one goes the extra mile. The rooms and common areas are not just clean, but sparkling clean, the staff is friendly and accommodating. They easily altered our reservation and got us in adjoining rooms upon check in. The location is excellent and within walking distance to the Arizona Center/nearby restaurants and movie theater. Special thanks to their breakfast hostess, Yadira who gets coffee refills for you, removes your plates and a friendly smile. Her extra mile service help set this Holiday Inn apart. Slight traffic/construction noise, but not bad. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Marisol G, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear RebeccaGlobe,
Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Our staff strives to provide exceptional customer service and I am sure they will be very happy to hear their efforts have paid off. Also, thank you for mentioning Yadira, she is such a wonderful employee we are so lucky to have her as well as the rest of the staff, we have a great team here.

Regarding the construction, we understand it could be disturbing at times, we always try to place guest on the other side of the hotel, but there are a couple of nights where we are not able to do so. I apologize if this caused you any trouble, unfortunately there are some things that are out of our control. But again I just want to thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience during your stay, and we are looking forward to have you stay with us on your next trip out to the sunny valley!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
tucson
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel is very clean, nice outside area, great breakfastrooms were comfortable and the staff amazing I needed more pillows and wow there were pillows everywhere no time at all !!! I will stay here again for sure

• Stayed November 2013
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I recently had to cancel my business trip to Phoenix due to illness. When I called the front desk to cancel I was greeted by Herminia (sp?) who promptly told me that this was an advanced purchase and that they are "unable to refund" the charges. When I explained that could send a doctor's note she responded "you made this reservation early and had plenty of time to review the policy." That's just lovely, blame the customer. Clearly the front desk staff has had zero training in customer service. I am a frequent traveler and over the years have had to cancel due to illness and have never had a problem receiving a credit. Even United Airlines gave me a credit on an advanced purchase when I supplied a doctor's note. This hotel has no interest in customer retention and I will certainly steer clear on my next trip to Phoenix and will advise my colleagues do the same.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank InfiniteOcean
Dan C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Infinite Ocean,

I wanted to address your review regarding your recent conversation with my hotel and the non-refundable reservation. When you booked your reservation, there were several rate options available including refundable and non-refundable reservations. Our hotel, and other IHG properties, are trying to put the guest in control of their rate/deposit options. A guest will usually receive a discount if they commit to certain terms (non-refundable deposits). However, a guest is always welcome to book a refundable reservation and pay a slightly higher price. These options put the guest in control of their rate and gives them a choice.

I apologize that we are unable to refund your deposit; however, if you need me to change the dates on your reservation, I would be more than happy to. As far as my front desk agent, I promise to work with her on explaining why the reservation was non-refundable to help our guests understand the terms they agreed to.

Thank you again for your comments. I truly appreciate them and I will use your review to help better train my staff to ensure a positive guest experience.

Regards,
Baraboo, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This facility should easily rate a 4 based on the potential. However, they are lacking in the cleanliness area. In my four day stay, the floor in the room was never vacuumed and the floor in the bathroom was dirty from previous use. Additionally, two of the front desk clerks (younger females) were not fully engaged in my interactions with them. However, the afternoon clerk (an older, distinguished looking gentleman) was extremely courteous, attentive and helpful. The person taking care of the breakfast in the morning was also lacking in having everything out and ready. I had to ask for several things that should have been prepared and ready for guests. Attention to detail is lacking in this facility.The rooms are nicely appointed and comfortable. If they can get the details taken care of, this could be a very nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brianne P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I do apologize about the issues you encountered with housekeeping and the front desk staff. I will most definitely be bringing this up to their attention as well as the breakfast staff. Thank you so much for your feedback I do greatly appreciate it!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in Oct,this hotel is very clean,rooms have small fridge and microwave,staff was very nice and friendly,beautiful pool,but the location however is not the greatest,other than if you're here on business. There is construction going on in front of hotel and there is not much around,best to have a car if you want to see things and go to nice restaurants.
But the staff and sunshine made up for the not so great location!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank guyjo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear guyjo,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level and friendliness of our staff, facilities and room amenities at our hotel. However, I am very sorry that you found our location ideal for business purposes only. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Another reliable Holiday Inn Express! The room was larger and more comfortable than some others and the service better with friendly and very helpful front desk staff. Best to have a car or be prepared to walk for a nice dinner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brianne P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you here again on your next trip to Phoenix!
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had stayed here previously to attend an event in the immediate area and found it an excellent location, reasonable very clean and newly remodeled. The rooms have a microwave and small refrigerator, although we were there for one night, it came in handy for storing some perishables. We were greeted congenially and given the wrong time that the breakfast buffet was available. Fortunately we were able to have a rushed breakfast and the food was decent, the biscuits were flakey, cinnamon rolls were good, not gummy. The woman tending to the buffet was very gracious and made certain we had everything we needed. The disappointment was that I left our Apple phone charger plugged into the wall outlet. We managed to contact the cleaning staff, who expediously sent it out via UPS for $15.00 charge to our charge card on record. They failed determine what the charger they sent us was ours. I was able to leave a couple voicemails for the manager, but never was able to speak to him directly, so the matter went unresolved and the instruction as to how to prevent this from happening to future patrons was not conveyed. Maybe we will try the Sheraton next time?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple