“Absolute best management, staff, and service I've ever had!”

Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
Ranked #102 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We were at the Hampton Inn for 1 week with our volleyball team. Joe Peterson, manager, along with his entire staff was the very best! They all went WAY above and beyond for everyone! Talk about extremely accommodating and genuinely great people. The hotel was clean and comfortable, very safe and quiet. The continental breakfast was perfect, they even had "breakfast to go" bags ready for those who needed it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank CaliforniaVbmom

Reviewed May 18, 2009

Great Stay and would stay again next time in town. Staff was very nice and felt safe in the Hotel. Breakfast Bar was excellent and food was fresh and always refilled if needed, General Manager was always available when needed and showed interest in the guest as well as the Hotel!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank NorthernAzDrewD
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Stayed one night on a business trip. The hotel is not a new Hampton Inn. Seems to have been around awhile. The area is not great. The hotel next door caters to trucks & RVs so do not get a room on that side of the hotel (noisy).

The rooms are typical Hampton Inn. The breakfast was decent and the front desk staff was helpful. I paid $139/night which is too much for the quality of this hotel. I tried to find a Courtyard or other similar hotel in the area but could not find anything I liked under $150/night. So the Hampton fit the bill.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 5, 2008

This is my third stay at this hotel over a period of several years. Although the hotel itself is still above average, I was extremely surprised to see that the area around the hotel has diminished in character - not to be too blunt, I would not consider walking out of the hotel after dark. It is unfortunate that this has happened, but even though the hotel is very comfortable, I don't think I would stay there again because of the neighborhood.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank theej
Reviewed February 13, 2008

We found the positive comments about this hotel spot on. The hotel is located halfway between the downtown/airport and U. Phoenix stadium. 11 miles to everything - no trouble getting a cab. Even though the hotel was full and very busy, staff was extremely helpful, rooms and breakfast were at highest level for a Hampton Inn. We were able to check in at 10am with no questions asked.

The location is right off the highway, with several other similar chain hotels nearby. Although there is nothing charming to recommend the area, we walked around a little and didn't see anything to suggest that it would be unsafe. Our view is not typical, though, because we were there for the Super Bowl and the adjacent hotel was HQ for the auxiliary state troopers brought in for the event.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlesgate
Reviewed September 10, 2007

I stayed at this hotel in August, 2007 with some international travelers. The hotel is in a rough part of town. Without getting into details, after hours there are things going on around the hotel that you would expect from a seedy area.

Amazingly, all of that stopped at the driveway of the hotel. I don't know how they did it, but I never felt unsafe on the property. Staff was excellent and was very helpful getting my associates to the airport after my early departure. I would probably stay here again on business but not with my wife and kids.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank keatingclan
Reviewed June 12, 2007

June 2007 found us staying at this Hampton Inn in Phoenix on Latham. We were attending a conference and read the reviews on-line about this property. It was a perfect location for us.

The property grounds are beautifully maintained. The front desk staff professional and friendly.

The rooms are typical of a Hampton Inn - maybe a wee bit nicer. They were clean, new linens, quiet (even close to the freeway), friendly housekeeping staff too.

The area is not the reason we stayed but the convenience to
I-10. I saw the negative comments about the location but they were not a factor in our decision to chose this location. Also, there are multiple places to dine fairly close and that also was not a problem.

I would recommend this location and stay here again. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business