“Maintainance is awful!”

Comfort Inn I-10 West at 51st Ave
Ranked #99 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The rooms are comfortable, but so many things don't work or aren't right! One of three ice machines operates, the jets in the hot tub are clogged, the back security door is unlocked, even the main light switch in the rooms turn off the bedside lights as well as the entrance light. One room "dresser" is only for decoration (the drawers are false). The business center computer lacks a printer. Breakfast isn't too bad, but the eggs are obviously powdered. Housekeeping missed making up our room one day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SoftballBart

Reviewed September 29, 2011

My office booked me into this hotel and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I was not looking forward to the stay one bit. The good news is, it was a better hotel than the reviews led me to believe. It is not top drawer, of course but, it is a solid middle rung choice for budget travelers. The Lobby is lovely; there is a cute little bar and breakfast area. There is a modest breakfast buffet offered with the cost of the room. My room looked out on to the pool area. The hotel was quiet, although I was there on a Monday so I'm not sure what the weekends are like. The room was clean but a little worn around the edges. The air conditioner was my chief complaint. It was an older wall unit and quite loud. It woke me several times during the night as it kicked on. The beds need an upgrade as well. I had a room with 2 queens so I was able to choose the better of the 2 beds.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank daycavtravel
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This property was a Hampton Inn previously. I stayed here for 1 night and found it to be clean and quiet. There are flat screen TV`s in the rooms with a good channel selection. The night I stayed there, there were VERY few cars in the parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank KentuckyColonel
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The room was clean and perfect! Breakfast was yummy and the staff was extremely friendly. I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank kpo74
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Very friendly service, wonderful atmosphere and very pleasant. Problem w/ next door neighbors and front desk took care of it instantly! Very pleased!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank sdsnowbunny
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I usually stay at hotels with more stars behind their name but on this trip, I needed to be close to some meetings and there were not many options.
This hotel completely exceeded my expectations. Starting with the lobby, the staff was extremely gracious, there was fresh brewed coffee all day long, and the complimentary continental breakfast provided each morning had a very nice variety of options.
The King room had a comfortable bed with great pillows, removable/washable duvet, nice seating area and was very spacious. The internet was working great and was also provided at no charge. A small coffee machine, microwave and fridge were also included - this was great because I could shop for misc. items and keep them in the fridge or heat them up later. Although the facility is not new, it's been well looked after, fresh paint and a housekeeping staff that does a fantastic job.

These days the most expensive hotels charge individually for everything you can possibly imagine - it's ridiculous. At I-10 West Hotel I paid less than $100 per night and got more for my money than I ever have before!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ajmitchell
Reviewed March 29, 2011

This clean hotel was a Hampton Inn which means that it is next to impossible to hear your neighbors ...above, below, or beside. We stayed here five consecutive nights, left Phoenix to travel, returned here for our final night. The white comforters on comfy beds were a plus to the cleanliness here. Nice office chair at the desk. Microwave and refrigerator. The rooms were spacious with three mirrors, one of which was a full length. The bathroom was large and modern with PLENTY of hot water. There are two elevators which means very little waiting. Beautiful spacious breakfast room. The free breakfast was good--cereals, yummy large muffins, yogurt, sausage gravy, etc. although red delicious apples were the only fresh fruit available every day. Bananas and oranges would have been appreciated. The 24 hour coffee and tea bar had a variety of flavors. All the staff was friendly. Happy that there was a guest laundry room. This hotel is NOT in a scary location as one reviewer insinuated. It is located near a nice industrial park and other hotels. I am a woman and walked two miles for my health every day in that area and never once felt threatened. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Phoenix as it met all our needs, we slept well, and the price was very reasonable. One small tip--Visit Organ Stop Pizza in Mesa (suburb of Phoenix). Seeing the World's Largest Wurlitzer Theatre pipe organ being played so very skillfully and beautifully and eating the delicious pizza are MANY times worth the 25 mile mostly interstate and freeway drive. Opens at 4:30 and the 700 seat restaurant fills up quickly so arrive early.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple