“Pleasant surpise”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here having driven a long way and having an early morning flight the following day. As this is a budget class Hilton near an airport we weren't expecting anything special. In fact we were completely wrong.The staff were great ( one of them gave us directions when we stopped at a filling station, then came out of the kitchen to say hello when we came to eat.The restaurant was very good and reasonably priced, as were the drinks. They had printed directions for us to return our hire car, and some little goodies in our room with a note that said " We're so glad you're staying with us" what a pleasant experience !

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. I will extend your compliments to our team members and continue to work hard to maintain the highest guest satisfaction you have come to expect from a Hilton family hotel. I look forward to your return trip with us and if I may be of further assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The first night of my stay was great! On the 2nd night evidently the guests from hell arrived and were given a room directly above mine. I have never heard such noise in a hotel in my entire life. It sounded as if furniture was constantly being moved around the room along with elephants stampeding. I complained to the front desk who offered to move me from the 1st to the 3rd floor! Really? Why not investigate the source of the problem and move them if necessary? Part of the problem was the young and inexperienced staff who really didn't know how to respond to the problem. It's unlikely I would ever stay at this specific location again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Patrick,

I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant and that we weren’t able to take the appropriate action to make it better. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in Phoenix. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel was awesome, I stayed her when visiting Laser Spine Institute! I am absolutely making it a point to return to the Hilton Garden Inn at the Phoenix airport because I had such a great experience. When I arrived they had an assortment of welcome beverages including flavored water. The hotel room was in fantastic condition and there was a Keurig! I ate at the hotel twice because the food was very good and the staff made me feel very welcome. Paul and Olivia did an exceptional job delivering A++ service, and I would highly recommend this hotel because of their service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Two-night stay before flying out-of-town. Great clean room, very comfortable bed. Spacious layout, enjoyed the separate living and sleeping areas in king suite. (Didn't take advantage of the in-house food or breakfast, but delicious in-room coffee.) Super courteous and helpful staff. We had trouble with rental car; returned earlier than expected--my hubby got lost trying to find the shuttle location back to hotel, and the shuttle driver took the time to go looking for him in the airport...above and beyond. FYI: Located in corporate park; a Waffle House is the only restaurant in the area, other than in-house dining. .

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for room away from front entrance.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Reviewed April 6, 2014

If using shuttle from the Phoenix airport make sure you get in the right one. There are three Hilton Garden Inns and each have there own dedicated shuttle. The Buffet breakfast in the restaurant was fantastic. With an omelette bar and made to order waffles, french toast, and pancakes. All fresh, tasty and a good value for $12

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We spent one night at the HGI near the airport before an early morning flight. We were able to return the rental car, catch the shuttle back to the hotel and have a nice evening before our early morning flight. The hotel staff is great; very helpful with directions, etc. We enjoyed the pool, the restaurant, and the huge room. Nice snacks and beverages available in the lobby. The hotel is just minutes from the airport, so very convenient for catching early flights.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Had arguably one of the best room layouts I have seen. Very impressed, comfortable, and allowed me to be productive upon arrival, even for a short visit. Quiet room too. Delayed flight had me arrive at midnight and depart at 6a.

The first airport shuttle is at 6a. If you have an early flight, you can expect to miss the first or second shuttle due to volume. Thus, plan ahead and have the front desk call you a cab the night before --- which costs $10 --- if you need to be there before 8:00 am.

N.B. the airport taxi service runs Prius vehicles -- which are completely inappropriate for multi-passenger airport runs. Two bags filled the trunk, and we had to ride with bags in our laps the whole trip, or we would have to wait another :10 for the next cab. Plan accordingly.

I had a few problems with the way the hotel managed the shuttle that never showed at 6:30a. I spoke with the hotel's General Manager afterwards and we enjoyed a very professional and mutually respectful dialogue. I suspect that this workflow will improve from here and am impressed with the response. The way a Hilton should be.

The breakfast spread is huge and quite tasty, while reasonably priced. Egg and omelet station, made to order.

N.B. The PHX airport airside restaurants serve a full menu til 12:30a, so you can always get a meal, even with a delayed flight or late night connection.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to have spoken with you over the phone on some of the challenges you've encountered during your stay.