“Excellent overnight stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport
Ranked #42 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The in hotel restaurant is great. Chicken wings is one of the best. Beer was great too. Had hamburgers for us and it was good. Our room was great, comfortable beds. Front desk was very friendly. Shuttle drivers Mickey and Vicky are awesome. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. I will extend your compliments to our team members and continue to work hard to maintain the highest guest satisfaction you have come to expect from a Hilton family hotel. I will definitely pass on your comments to Mickey and Vickey so they are aware that their hard work does not go unnoticed. I look forward to your return trip with us and if I may be of further assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Now I know why if we are going to choose one of the Hilton chains we don't choose Hilton Garden Inns.

We stayed here the Saturday night after Thanksgiving for a very early flight the next morning. When I made the reservation no one bothered to inform me that the hotel restaurant would be closed for the holiday forcing us to choose from a very limited menu.

The mixed lettuce on the plate with my grilled vegetables featured the always appetizing rotting lettuce. My wife's food was no better. A greasy and fatty beef sandwich.

The room was mediocre and poorly appointed. We had to call down for additional pillows because the flat ones on the bed were extremely uncomfortable. We also had to call for facial tissue as there was only an empty box in the bathroom.

In the morning when I went to the lobby to board the airport shuttle, I (and other passengers) waited ten minutes past the hour, after being reassured that the shuttle ALWAYS left on the hour and half hour, twenty four hours per day. The driver was in plain view on the other side of the plate glass window surfing the internet. Another passenger had to go inside and ask him to come out and drive the shuttle. He claimed he never saw us standing on the other side of the huge window.

We were near the elevators and the other hotel customers were extremely loud and noisy wandering up and down the corridors far into the night. Hotel staff were oblivious.

The hotel overcharged my credit card at check out. It did get reversed but not immediately.

Will not stay here again, and cannot recommend it even for one night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests. It appears we have not done that during your stay with us and please accept our apologies. From my understanding, our restaurant was not closed on Saturday nor did we offer limited menu. We were closed for lunch on Thanksgiving Day and that was it. In addition, did you let us know about the noise disturbances from other guests so my staff could have taken cared of it?

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have reviewed this location before, but this latest experience deserved a revisit of comments to this location. When I first arrived I thought it was going to be a rocky experience had it not been for the extra attention given to us by the General Manager, Scott Chu. He is what all hotels should strive to be, making the customer the one and only concern of the property. I was told that I would be unable to check in until 3pm but after voicing my dissatisfaction with that and having to leave the property was called within 20 minutes and told my room was ready. Now in all fairness to the property they did offer me other rooms at the check in but the Manager was clever enough to realize that those would be a disappoint to me considering I was very specific with my requested room location; they also offered to hold my luggage. I have always said a well run organization starts at the top and Mr. Chu and his team are a living example of this principle and it reflects his dedication to his guests. The 100% customer service satisfaction guarantee is not just a nice slogan but a way of life at this location.

One other noteworthy event, that even prompted me to send his Manager an email was that of of one of the gentlemen working in the restaurant/bar area. Mr Evan is what every Manager wants his or her employee to be, he is a true asset to this location and I only hope his boss knows what a valuable team member they have. He went out of his way on several occasions to make our visit first rate, in a me, me, me society this is a rare find, as I have worked in a service business and it can be difficult to be pleasant at all times, but Evan pulls it off so my hats off to him.

The beds here are worth writing about as well, as they allow you to control the softness or firmness of the mattress itself. I have stayed at many properties in the Phoenix area and this hotel has some of the most comfortable mattresses around, and for that alone (a good nights sleep) this would be a great location to pick. There is a restaurant downstairs for small comfort items that surprisingly enough are reasonably priced as are the items in the panty store, and they do offer an all you eat breakfast in the morning that is $10.95 (price as of Nov 2013) which includes an omelet bar. There is a Waffle House right in front of the property as well, outside of that there is really nothing within walking distance of this property. As I indicated above there is a full kitchen in the suites and it has a microwave, good sized mini refrigerator (capable of holding several items) and electric burners, along with a sink and dishwasher.

There are two small negative items to this property. The first is that they have a kitchen in each suite but there is nothing in the kitchen to cook with or eat with. You have to call downstairs and they will give you items to use, which is nice and understandable as they indicated most guests don't use that amenity. It would have been nice to know this prior to my visit so that I could have prepared better. The second is the lighting in the unit itself, in the kitchen area the lighting is almost non existent, there is a light over the cooking surface but it does not properly light that area so you are forced to use the desk light. Maybe the solution to both issues could be resolved by asking the guest if they planned on using that area, and then an extra light and kitchen utensils could be provided. As both these items are minor issues for 99.99% of most guests this is a great centrally located property and I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the property and on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. I will extend your compliments to our team members and continue to work hard to maintain the highest guest satisfaction you have come to expect from a Hilton family hotel. Evan is a great asset to us and he is always willing to help us out by taking on different roles when needed. I look forward to your return trip with us and if I may be of further assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This was our first stay at a Hilton Garden Inn, although we had stayed regularly in Hampton Inns for years. We had heard that the HGI's were a cut above on the Hilton list of hotels, so when we saw that this one had a decent rate we decided to try it. It was great in a lot of ways, but left us feeling disappointed that it was not as nice as expected. First of all, there were very noticeable cracks around the door (causing some of the noise that another reviewer mentioned, probably). The worst thing was this: My husband laid his black pants on the bed and when he picked them up they had pet hair all over them. We carefully select hotels that do not allow pets, because we do not allow pets inside our house and we don't care to sleep with anyone else's. I understand that the hotel may not always know when people slip their pets in the building, but there is no excuse for the duvet covers not being washed... the maids obviously had not stripped the duvet and washed it (as advertised). It was not a very pleasant experience, and very disappointing for our first HGI stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Laneta C
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests. It appears we have not done that during your stay with us and please accept our apologies. Thank you for understanding that sometimes, guests would sneak their pets into our rooms despite it being our policy of not accepting pets, except for Service Animals. Nonetheless, our housekeeping staff fell short of the expectations of our guests. If you would give us another opportunity to serve you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Thank you for the service and cozy stay. The room was clean, the location was perfect for the event that we attended which was about ten minutes away from there. The surroundings were clean too and we felt safe with out little ones here. Thank you for going the extra mile to have the perfect stay for us on our short trip to Phoenix. The crib for my baby was also clean and comfortable. Again, thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport. Your feedback is very important to us. We are constantly striving to exceed the expectations of our guests and your survey reflects that. I will extend your compliments to our team members and continue to work hard to maintain the highest guest satisfaction you have come to expect from a Hilton family hotel. I look forward to your return trip with us and if I may be of further assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Once again, thank you for your continued loyalty to Hilton and its family of hotels.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn has that "Home feeling", friendly atmosphere. It's conveniently located in the heart of Phoenix. It's very close to the highway and airport. The staff is very attentive to your needs. FREE Breakfast is available. There is a bar/lounge on the first floor that appears to be open all of the time.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Reviewed November 13, 2013

The hotel and staff are wonderful. Rooms are super clean. Location is a plus. Easy to get around Phoenix from this spot. If you are looking fo a conference location this location will definately fit your needs. Catering and rooms are well lit and organized with plenty of places to eat nearby. The staff is very accomodating and the rooms well designed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Scott C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013